So what have we learned Today? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

A lot of things actually.

We easily have the capability of winning this league. The first half destruction meant that the second was an opportunity to relax and avoid injuries.

Murphy is easily as essential as Armstrong to the team

Turner shows that Reda Johnson is anything but irreplaceable (undefeated in the league since the injury)

Chris Stokes is the bargain signing of all time. Slight hyperbole but I cannot believe how we have unearthed him.

I can be wrong. Not often but Fleck after years of mediocrity finally lives up to the billing.

Aaron Martin is a rock solid centre half

Anyone who stays away because of "principals" is utterly delusional. Today almost took me back to the 77 78 season for its sheer quality and dominance.

Oh and Bigi isn't and never was worth £25 million

covcity4life

We needed a prem quality defender to replace reda so it shows how important reda waa

Bigo was poor yes but played 20 mins. Was prob nervous. Way too soon to judge

Your I told you so thread has too many flaws. Please try again

But everything else I agree with
Stokes is so good and Murphy is arguably just as good as armstorng

Grendel

We needed a prem quality defender to replace reda so it shows how important reda waa

Bigo was poor yes but played 20 mins. Was prob nervous. Way too soon to judge

Your I told you so thread has too many flaws. Please try again

What's our points tally since Johnson was injured?

Please tell me

covcity4life

How many goals have we conceded though? And if he's so easily replaceable why did mowbray have to bring prem defender to do it?

That's like saying if we win games without a goal all season from a striker then the striker must be good

Nick

Administrator
How many goals have we conceded though? And if he's so easily replaceable why did mowbray have to bring prem defender to do it?

That's like saying if we win games without a goal all season from a striker then the striker must be good

Which Prem defender did he bring in? :)

I learnt that we have no chance of being able to go for a piss and not miss some of the game as 15 minutes isn't long enough and that they have stopped selling Bovril.

Grendel

Just answer the question

Grendel

I thought had played in prem? Either way pt stands we replaced quality with quality.

I love mowbray

We replaced mediocrity with quality

We had a premier league striker last season

PVA

We learnt that the rest of the league is really poor. How on earth that Gillingham side have averaged 2 points a game I do not know.

Agree about Murphy being essential too. There was a guy on here who after about 4 games said 'Murphy needs to pass more, he's going to cost us more points than he wins for us'. Honestly one of the most stupid things I've ever read.

shmmeee

Murphy in that No 10 role will score as many as Arma, you heard it here first. 1 in 3 starts so far all season, but 5 in 2 in the Number 10 role.

I'd go as far as to say I'm a lot less worried about Arma leaving after seeing Murphs up front. A worst case scenario front line of JOB Maddison Lamerias with Murphy up top really isn't that bad.

Nick

Administrator
Murphy in that No 10 role will score as many as Arma, you heard it here first. 1 in 3 starts so far all season, but 5 in 2 in the Number 10 role.

I'd go as far as to say I'm a lot less worried about Arma leaving after seeing Murphs up front. A worst case scenario front line of JOB Maddison Lamerias with Murphy up top really isn't that bad.

He was much better just behind the striker running through the middle.

D

Deleted member 2477

They were more concerned about marking arma and didnt pay enough attention to murphy

Hobo

We easily have the capability of winning this league. The first half destruction meant that the second was an opportunity to relax and avoid injuries.

Turner shows that Reda Johnson is anything but irreplaceable (undefeated in the league since the injury)

Chris Stokes is the bargain signing of all time. Slight hyperbole but I cannot believe how we have unearthed him.

I can be wrong. Not often but Fleck after years of mediocrity finally lives up to the billing.

Anyone who stays away because of "principals" is utterly delusional. Today almost took me back to the 77 78 season for its sheer quality and dominance.

I agree with most of that, but Stokes bargain of all time? Sit down and take your temperature. Stuart Pearce, Ian Wallace, Dean Emmerson and Gary Gillespie were all superior bargains.

I agree with what you say about Fleck....but isn't that to do with the fact play makers need movement in front of them? Armstrong, Murphy, Kent, JOB, Vincelot are all players who make runs and give options. That's why Fleck is no longer passing sideways and backwards.

CCFCKirky

What did we learn from today,
jacob Murphy is immense in the number 10 role
aaron martin and Chris stokes are the 2 most underrated players in the team.
mowbray has assembled a league winning side!

shmmeee

Fleck, JOB, Martin and Stokes all stepped up from last season.

It's what gives me hope about Bigi's performance today: if anyone can get the best out of him it's Mowbray.

PVA

Bigi was poor today but let's not forget how little first team football he's played in the last few years.

He was bound to be nervous and/or rusty.

percy

murphy was class today as was armstrong. murphy for the goals and armstrong for the movement and tireless running. Teams obviously target armstrong which leaves space for others. well done mowbray and the lads, thoroughly deserved win.

Chipfat

Fleck, JOB, Martin and Stokes all stepped up from last season.

It's what gives me hope about Bigi's performance today: if anyone can get the best out of him it's Mowbray.

I really think this is down to the level of the squad, imagine Martin, Stokes, Haynes and Phillips training everyday with players that have come from a different level you would be thinking who is going to mug me today. Its a nightmare and has made them improve in my mind, Kent, Armstrong, Murphy, Lamires, Maddison, Fleck and Cole all ball players i even think the Kelly evans twins are up there for show boating as well. Makes a session become very competitive, very good squad at moment, players like Ricketts, Turner will be in the ear of all those younger pro's of do's and do not's while without the ball.

If we can get a plan off the field that allows us on the field to develop as we are then models like Southampton and Swansea should be the goal.

Last edited:

idm1975

Bigi was poor today but let's not forget how little first team football he's played in the last few years.

He was bound to be nervous and/or rusty.
Agree 100%, another one when upto speed gonna be too good for this league

stupot07

Agree 100%, another one when upto speed gonna be too good for this league

We don't know that, happy to give him a chance but I don't get the hyperbole about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

That we need to offer Sam Ricketts a contract for a couple more years - hugely influential.

Suppose it depends what league we're in. He probably hasn't got the legs for the championship, which is why he went on loan to Swindon last season and is with us this season following release from wolves.

He is superb in this league though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Calista

Suppose it depends what league we're in. He probably hasn't got the legs for the championship, which is why he went on loan to Swindon last season and is with us this season following release from wolves.

He is superb in this league though.

You might be right - but I haven't seen anything from him this season that suggests he's over the hill at just turned 34. Maybe Wolves were guilty of a bit of "ageism"? Anyway, I'm happy that we are benefitting.

Otis

Yep, pretty much agree with all that.

Bigi was very, very poor today, in fact he hardly put a foot right, but let's give him a bit of time. £25M was ridiculous. Worth no more than £23M I would say.

CCFCKirky

Yep, pretty much agree with all that.

Bigi was very, very poor today, in fact he hardly put a foot right, but let's give him a bit of time. £25M was ridiculous. Worth no more than £23M I would say.

I would say he is £24.5m at a maximum, I agree with everything you said though

Users who are viewing this thread