Some answers to some of the many questions (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefdave

Yep the council got an arena that cost £113m to building (excluding the purchase of the land) for £20m pounds because they bailed the club.

ACL then paid £20m upfront for a 50 year lease ( that paid off the £20m the council contributed to the build.

Do essentially the council got a £113m build arena for nothing.

Wonder what the breakdown is of who put what into the stadium overall. If it cost £113m and ACL put in £20m, £40m from the Tesco deal, £4m from Higgs (am I counting that twice? does that come as part of the ACL £20m?), wasn't there around £10m in grants who put the rest in? And that's just the construction costs who paid for the land? That's looking around £40m short plus the cost of the land in the first place.

Warwickhunt

Wonder what the breakdown is of who put what into the stadium overall. If it cost £113m and ACL put in £20m, £40m from the Tesco deal, £4m from Higgs (am I counting that twice? does that come as part of the ACL £20m?), wasn't there around £10m in grants who put the rest in? And that's just the construction costs who paid for the land? That's looking around £40m short plus the cost of the land in the first place.
the council offered the gas works to richardson at a reduced cost on the proviso that CCFC cleared/cleaned the land up. The court cost removing squaters from the site plus detoxifying the ground cost city more than was expected £2.7 mil which truly damaged CCFC cash flow , the council then come back in on their white charger to save the stadium project and along with higgs guaranteed the money from the bank hence the reason why the rent is so high! the council set the rent such that no risk to the taxpayer was apparent. However CCFC getting relegated has opened up the risk to the ACL as city cannot afford the rent anymore.
CITY are responsible for the legacy of the RICOH Park not the council! as the council would have never cleaned up the brown field site in a month of Sundays and it would have been as much of a toxic shithole it was 9 years ago.:thinking about:

Brighton Sky Blue

Fisher's spin has worked a treat on some-only he could make breaking a contract seem like a noble cause.

covcity4life

stop making up lies

how many times do people have to spell it out for you,for some fans the club comes first wether sisu are in the wrong or not

go kiss ACL ass,thats your perrogative, but me,im a cov fan for life, hence the username

Otis

I want to see CCFC come out of this smiling of course, but I do want fairness and things done in the correct and proper way.

covcity4life

even if it means cov go under? hell no

i understand your point otis but it seems alot of fans would prefer ACL to get their rent than cov to get promoted

and thats plain dumb

covcity4life

what a great response fuckwit

the lies i refer to dazzle are that TF spin has worked on many fans

i realise sisu are scum, but i love cov more than i hate sisu and thus hope sisu come out of this battle with ACL with an outcome that benefits ccfc

there is nothing dumb about that

covcity4life

haha back to this one again. 12(plus 6)match flexi ticket works out better for me homie,work some saturdays.cant and wont apologise for that.

see you this saturday though:D,you got free ticket from foxford school?

valiant15

I have no idea,why should i? I left school 232 years ago. It's probably in a shit area of town where they stick all the immagrants.

cloughie

Sisu will not pull the plug on CCFC as they will be the big loser. There is no way they can walk away from this situation. They will hang on until they can get something out of the mess to at least give there investors something back, otherwise Sisu as a hedge fund will lose all credability and be finished.

torchomatic

Thanks for the info, PWKH.

From the language it seems that ACL knows the rent is sky-rocket-high, but hey, the club agreed to it. Fair enough, I guess.

Last edited:

Otis

I just want to see this done properly. Don't think it right for CCFC to just ride roughshod over everyone to get what they want.

We can't just say we want to see the City come out of this as victors whilst leaving other parties simply trailing in their wake and as big losers.

It has to be done fairly and honestly and common sense needs to prevail with all sides in agreement rather than the forcing of hands.

Macca

are you on the smiley fags Otis, honesty and fairness in the world of football?

I agree but find it highly unlikely

Otis

Well as honest and fair as they can be without having to turn into Mother Theresa and Ghandi.

torchomatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread