SOMETHING ABOUT JR D (1 Viewer)

wingy

Sorry about the title
Did anyone hear that on CWR
Something about the Council leader saying he he was pleased the JR process was over?

Captain Dart

There you go.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/live-sisu-refused-permission-appeal-12256488
Coventry City Council has issued a statement after the The Supreme Ciurt gave its decision.

It reads: “The Supreme Court has refused Sisu’s application for permission to appeal the Court of Appeal’s decision in May 2016.”
Commenting on the decision Cllr George Duggins, Coventry City Council Leader and Cllr John Blundell, Leader of the Conservative Group, said: “Coventry City Council is pleased with the ruling of the Supreme Court today and that the Judicial Review process is now exhausted.
“For us it’s the right conclusion and we hope this draws a line under things and allows the owners of Coventry City Football Club to focus on bringing success back to the club both on and off the pitch.”

Captain Dart

oucho

I may be wrong but I suspect that SISU had applied for the appeal in writing; they may now request to present their application for an appeal at an oral hearing. I think that's what happened when it went through the previous levels, anyway (High Court and Court of Appeal) - so this may not be the end of JR1.

oucho

That's cheered me up no end.....battered in court again!

oucho

What happened to the live updates from the court.
Sounds like the court issued a statement, this wasn't a hearing.

Best result of the season!

oucho

It isn't going to end with that, there will be some loophole in Gambia act 5 or something they will try.

Fingers crossed, eh Nick? I suspect you may be right, however I hope to God that's the end of the JR1 at least. Really good news if it is.

Skybluefaz

Wishful thinking but perhaps sisu are preparing to bugger off with this Jr ruling in mind hence the minimal board and Brearley leaving. Best not get excited.

Nick

Administrator
Fingers crossed, eh Nick? I suspect you may be right, however I hope to God that's the end of the JR1 at least. Really good news if it is.

Fingers crossed for what?

It's been the end about 4 times and there is always something else they try or another direction they go with it.

Grendel

Sounds like the court issued a statement, this wasn't a hearing.

Best result of the season!

Of course you claimed you'd rather see sisu lose a case than ccfc get promoted.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I do hope that's finally that. Does this mean negotiations re the Ricoh (or the BPA...) can now begin again?...

oucho

Of course you claimed you'd rather see sisu lose a case than ccfc get promoted.

Please find where I said that and repeat it here as I do not recall saying that.

Your heart beating with joy this morning Grend? Or would you like to see SISU win? Glad to see the owners get their comeuppance? I'm loving it personally. Might break open the champagne tonight (subject to whatever else comes out today). The mrs is away tonight though so it'll be a bit sad to drink it all on my own.

In 2014 when SISU first lost I got home from holiday having not heard the news - the champagne we had that night and the complete elation was at least as much fun as what was in itself a really good holiday. Happy times - makes me buzz to see these people get what they deserve!

ccfc92

"We batter people in court"

"Smoking gun"

RFC: "I LOVE SISU"

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Please find where I said that and repeat it here as I do not recall saying that.

Your heart beating with you this morning Grend? Glad to see the owners get their comeuppance? I'm loving it personally. Might break open the chamapagne tonight (subject to whatever else comes out today). The mrs is away tonight though so it'll be a bit sad to drink it all on my own.

In 2014 when SISU first lost I got home from holiday having not heard the news - the champagne we had that night and the complete elation was at least as much fun as what was in itself a really good holiday. Happy times - makes me buzz to see these people get what they deserve!

It's almost as if even though you weren't on here then (even you you thought that people might see you as an ACL plant, even though you weren't registered) there was somebody else who looked quite a bit like an ACL plant who was on here telling us about having bubbly with his missus about a court case.

You should really try and message a couple of other users, they also open the bottles and have reacted like it's better than the football and seemed to live local to you as well?

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/full-court-verdict.46356/page-3#post-726262

That user also had another account.

You have given yourself away a treat ;) Probably could have got away with it as well.

Sky Blue Kid

It can't go any further in the British Courts. There is still the European Courts but unlikely SISU will take it that far apparently. but there is still JR2 to come!

oucho

It's almost as if even though you weren't on here then (even you you thought that people might see you as an ACL plant, even though you weren't registered) there was somebody else who looked quite a bit like an ACL plant who was on here telling us about having bubbly with his missus about a court case.

You should really try and message a couple of other users, they also open the bottles and have reacted like it's better than the football and seemed to live local to you as well?

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/full-court-verdict.46356/page-3#post-726262

That user also had another account.

You have given yourself away a treat ;) Probably could have got away with it as well.

Don't miss an opportunity to put the boot in, eh? Sorry you can't share the joy of most of our fans who enjoy seeing our owners (specifically not our club, BTW) losing again.

Nick

Administrator
It can't go any further in the British Courts. There is still the European Courts but unlikely SISU will take it that far apparently. but there is still JR2 to come!

Yeah, there's been a bit of talk on here about European courts.

I wonder if it will be "we don't think justice has prevailed here" and then opening up the JR2 folder.

Ashdown

If SISU had won and sold us for a £1 to a decent consortium of caring owners { Having gained compensation } then I would have been pleased too. I'm sure we are now in for another x amount of months of further legal crap though and I don't think they will win, they've bitten off more than they can chew taking on local government. Their expected reply to this will be gutting for most fans I guess !

torchomatic

skybluetony176

Well that was a complete waste of time, energy and money and counter productive bollocks. Shame they chose not to put that time, energy and money into the club. Something productive might have happened that isn't bollocks. Said all along that SISU don't batter people in court they use the courts to batter people. Not nearly the same thing. You can use the courts to batter people who don't have the resources to fight but if the opponents have the resources to see it through to the end this is what happens. Why anybody is expecting JR2 to turn out any differently is beyond me. It will be counter productive for the club and based on the outcome of JR1 counter intuitive to go ahead with.

I actually take no joy from this outcome despite being right about it all along. All I see is wasted money, time and energy that could have been better invested in CCFC that has lead to heartache, missed opportunities and a further spiralling down of the club I love.

Ashdown

Well that was a complete waste of time, energy and money and counter productive bollocks. Shame they chose not to put that time, energy and money into the club. Something productive might have happened that isn't bollocks. Said all along that SISU don't batter people in court they use the courts to batter people. Not nearly the same thing. You can use the courts to batter people who don't have the resources to fight but if the opponents have the resources to see it through to the end this is what happens. Why anybody is expecting JR2 to turn out any differently is beyond me. It will be counter productive for the club and based on the outcome of JR1 counter intuitive to go ahead with.

I actually take no joy from this outcome despite being right about it all along. All I see is wasted money, time and energy that could have been better invested in CCFC that has lead to heartache, missed opportunities and a further spiralling down of the club I love.
But Tony ....they don't give a shit about CCFC !

Users who are viewing this thread