Sony Press Conference Tonight. (1 Viewer)

Tad

Tonight at 11pm Sony are to annouce the future of the Playstation brand. It's highly speculated we'll see the PS4 annouced. The conference is in New York. Starts at 11pm UK time.

Tad

Yh heard its the ps4 announcement prefer Xbox tbh

I use to like 360, but I got tired of it pretty fast. It's mostly all shooters and racing games on it. Nintendo and Playstation usually have a good mix of genres on their consoles. Plus, I think Microsoft seem more interested in being a service then a games console now. Stuff like Netix etc has there focus. Also, its a bit of a joke that they ask you to pay for gold and get a face full of ads for the pleasure. PSN is free without ads. Playstation Plus is pretty sweet too. They have loads of free games to download.

jon92

I use to like 360, but I got tired of it pretty fast. It's mostly all shooters and racing games on it. Nintendo and Playstation usually have a good mix of genres on their consoles. Plus, I think Microsoft seem more interested in being a service then a games console now. Stuff like Netix etc has there focus. Also, its a bit of a joke that they ask you to pay for gold and get a face full of ads for the pleasure. PSN is free without ads. Playstation Plus is pretty sweet too. They have loads of free games to download.

I only play FIFA anyway

Tad

I never understood the logic in people doing that. They spend 300+ on a new console only to limit yourself to 2/3 games. There's loads of great stuff out there to look at.

Oh well, each to there own I suppose..

Covstu

This will be a big dilemma! I had the PS1 and PS2 but due to the delay in the PS3 back in the day I switched to the xbox 360 and love it! I am sure my loyalty to Microsoft will be tested again!! Hey I might buy both!!! :p:p

Stevearcade

I thought is was very interesting. The guys over on the Arcade forums are pretty cynical, but if it's more than 16 bit and CD/DVD/BD based, they tend to be snobby :laugh:. I thought it sounded very good. They've actually listened to all the criticisms of the PS3 from both consumers and developers. There were a lot of problems with PS3 from a coding point of view. It was not easy to write games for which is why it was such a slow burn for developers to get their head around. The PS4 does some very appealing features. Not so much for older guys in the late 20s and older, but the kids will lap it. A button on the controller instantly share your gaming exploits on facebook! So simple, but a masterstroke when you think about it.

Tad

Thought it was pretty good. The touchpad on the controller seems a bit pointless, but everything else sounded good. I'm sure we'll see more games at E3 too.

We now have the Wii u, PS4. Just waiting for Microsoft to make their move.

Users who are viewing this thread