Southam United Planning permission (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Southam United have been in the process of re developing their existing site for some time it would seem

The latest new ground plans have recently been submitted details are here

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/southamunitedfc/news/new-ground-plans-submitted-1232027.html

What I found interesting was the other document linked to the page "community hub frequently asked questions" That gives an indication of how long these things can take (was being considered in an overall town plan as far back as 2010) and the sort of things that planning has to cover. This of course with an applicant working with a supportive Council.

:thinking about:

chiefdave

Locally to me Portsmouth had the support of the council and from around 06 to their most recent admin were looking to build a new stadium. They went through 3 sites as even with a supportive council there was issues at each site which forced them to bin the plans and look elsewhere.

Brighton left their old ground in 97 and it wasn't until 07 that they got planning permission and then it wasn't built until 2011.

And of course we all know how long it was between Arena 2000 being announced and the first game at the Ricoh.

Are there many examples of things getting done in the 3-5 year timeframe SISU are targeting? Even before you consider we're a year in with very little sign of anything happening.

skybluetony176

Locally to me Portsmouth had the support of the council and from around 06 to their most recent admin were looking to build a new stadium. They went through 3 sites as even with a supportive council there was issues at each site which forced them to bin the plans and look elsewhere.

Brighton left their old ground in 97 and it wasn't until 07 that they got planning permission and then it wasn't built until 2011.

And of course we all know how long it was between Arena 2000 being announced and the first game at the Ricoh.

Are there many examples of things getting done in the 3-5 year timeframe SISU are targeting? Even before you consider we're a year in with very little sign of anything happening.

China and Qatar are the only examples I can think of. But they were built by dictatorships who don't need planning permission, chucked people out on the streets to knock down their homes with little or no compensation (in China's case anyway) and were built with a peasant army of slave labour. Can't see sisu getting away with that.

Users who are viewing this thread