Southampton Cocksure (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Took a quick look at the Southampton website -Looks like from their point of view we are there to make the numbers up – Hope there players are thinking the same- I think they are in for a rude awakening – 5,500 Cov fans roaring Cov on – irritates me how they think they are a class above us – lets show them boys

lord_garrincha

Took a quick look at the Southampton website -Looks like from their point of view we are there to make the numbers up – Hope there players are thinking the same- I think they are in for a rude awakening – 5,500 Cov fans roaring Cov on – irritates me how they think they are a class above us – lets show them boys
If that is the case, can you edit the title & remove the last three letters, thanks.

fernandopartridge

They are a class above us, they've been established in the top flight for 10 years since we last played them. Such is the disparity in resource between the top flight and the football league, it'd be ridiculous if they were not a class apart.

clint van damme

They'll fucking spank us.
Put the kids out and concentrate on all the league games we've got in Feb.

Hertsccfc

They are several classes above us.

Doesn't mean that in a one off match we can't beat them but I can understand them feeling they should win easily.

slowpoke

Well that might be true but when they get amongst the Man Citys Liverpools & Chelskis of this world they will also be making the numbers up.

Flying Fokker

They are a class above us, they've been established in the top flight for 10 years since we last played them. Such is the disparity in resource between the top flight and the football league, it'd be ridiculous if they were not a class apart.
They looked better on their way up as well…unfortunately.

aloisiwouldhavescored

After all, who can forget CCFC (Premier League) v Sutton United (non league) so miracles do happen.
Bring it on its 11v11 and in 90minutes anything can happen no matter how unlikely.

skybluelee

We'd be confident of beating a mid-table League 1 team at home so this is not news.

But over a one-off 90 minutes anything can happen. That's the beauty of football.

Harries11

To be fair, having read their forum, i don't think many of them are cocksure, in fact a lot quite complimentary of us as club and fans. They will be a class above as the step up to prem is big, but anything can happen on the day and we are a decent team - will be a good day regardless

ajsccfc

I can't blame any of them being confident. We'd be the same if we drew someone we've not faced on a level footing for a long time, like Sunderland

coop

One off game we have every chance of winning. Just go hell for leather what ever happens the fans will have a great day.

pusbccfc

They'll beat us. Going for the day out!

stupot07

I dont get the issue, im sure we would be cocksure of we were playing Wycombe or Oxford at home.

SlowerThanPlatt

Paxman?

Colin Steins Smile

It’ll be a good test for us and could highlight the areas in need of significant improvement during the summer transfer window.
I expect Southampton to put out a full strength team. Their manager has gone on record as saying that they can’t win the league, but the cup provides an opportunity for success. I think they made the semi final last season

Hobo

It is just like our fans disrespecting other clubs thought isnt it? Predicting 3-0 wins all the time when form says that isn't likely to happen 😂

mark82

I fancy us to give them a run for their money. Not saying we'll win but if we are at our best we certainly have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread