Match Thread Southampton - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Apr (5 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Worked at St Mary’s. Lived in Ventnor and Wootton Bridge. Left in 2009, was there 10 years
I moved to Totland Bay after leaving Cov. There for 2 years then moved to Newport for 6 years (Trevor Road). Spent a couple of weeks in St Mary's but way after you left. We moved there in 2010 and left in 2018. Now live in Malvern.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thought we were much better second half tbf. Absolute pudding of a ref again, not sure where they keep dredging these fuckers up from.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The last two have been from a stone’s throw away from the opposition. Joke will be on the EFL on Saturday when they select P Griffiths from Cov.

MikeyMoo

Preston's win more concerning. CCFC and PNE both 5 points behind Norwich with a game in hand. Win remaining games, they lose one (to PNE ironically) and we beat PNE on goal difference (CCFC +17 to PNE +0) to 6th spot.

Nick

Administrator
Thought we were much better second half tbf. Absolute pudding of a ref again, not sure where they keep dredging these fuckers up from.

This c**t was from the Isle of Wight obviously. An absolute joke.

no_loyalty

Poor performance but Norwich result not too bad, could do with a Hull v Boro draw tomorrow night.

TomRad85

We weren't that much better, Southampton with better finishing could have won very comfortably and we didn't create that much really. Simms should have done better with his chance.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I thought even though we didn't obviously play how we can, we at least looked bothered second half. After the first half that's all I wanted as if we'd repeated it we'd have been on for a 4-0+

Otis

Southampton were much better than us, but at the end of the day, we lost because Wright slipped as he went to take the penalty and then we had an unlucky deflection against us and then a pathetic all but air punch from Collins to gift them a second.

We are still in this.

Still all to play for and Norwich went from 2 goals up, to only picking a point. Lots could still happen yet.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We’re still in it but let’s be honest, we’re not capable of winning 4 out of 5 of our games left. I’d probably rest a few key players at Birmingham on Saturday.
I wouldn't. We've got over a week until the semi.

At this stage might as well still give it everything we've got to try and sneak in, even if I do thing we've left ourselves too much to do.

Imagine if we ended up missing out on PO's by 1 pt if we play a weakened side against Brum and then don't win?

Blind-Faith

Better second half performance, couldn’t get much worse than the first. Wright cost us the game, stick that penalty away instead of posing like a clown for ten minutes before the run up and we take a point away.

Glad Bidwell got a goal and Tav made a real difference when he came on. Ohare and Sheaf quiet. Collins calamity Jane in goal 🤦🏻‍♂️

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Had us to lose this game anyway. Not massively worried
Win: Hull, Birmingham, Blackburn, QPR
Draw: Ipswich.

13 points takes us to 76 points

mind you I had us to beat Cardiff and draw to Leeds.

xcraigx

Preston against Norwich at the weekend so things could look a little better in a few days if we can get back to winning ways against Brum. The second half performance was much better than the first but we ultimately got what we deserved.

Brighton Sky Blue

Preston's win more concerning. CCFC and PNE both 5 points behind Norwich with a game in hand. Win remaining games, they lose one (to PNE ironically) and we beat PNE on goal difference (CCFC +17 to PNE +0) to 6th spot.
PNE will get a result at Southampton on tonight’s evidence.

SkyblueTexan

Wright was shite today unfortunately. If we had the lead it could have been so different. Collins was culpable for their 2nd goal (not sure what he was trying to do to bat the ball). A draw would have been fair, but wasn't to be. Sheff Wed did their part. Shame we didn't. Obviously, another summer of recruitment to add much-needed quality depth will set us up for autos next season. We'd stand a better chance of promotion next season and staying up in the EPL than this season.

steve101

Hopefully Van Ewijk will be okay. Looked like a rib injury.
Better second half but couldn't be much worse. Tavares was bright. Palmer's first pass was sublime for Simms chance. Should have started unless he had a knock.
Binks has so much quality on the ball. Moves it much quicker. Kitching looked leggy tonight.

Johnnythespider

Feels a bit like the Ipswich game but not much has changed at the end of the day, we still need Norwich to lose a game or two, but the games are running out, that was our hardest game left I think so we need to go on a run now or it's on to next season where the league is concerned.

clint van damme

3 points from these two is a decent return. Could easily have been 4. Just need to make it count in the other games. Sheff Wed have done us a favour.

But 3 from the last 3 not so good.
Think we've left ourselves a bit too much to do.

Mucca Mad Boys

Missed penalties alone have probably cost us the points need for a playoff berth. Is that 4 missed for the season?

Users who are viewing this thread