Southend United (Away) Match Thread (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

Not a bad team, but Murphy needs to be dropped. A place in the starting 11 sends all the wrong messages to a player who has not put sufficient effort in for the last few games.

Yeah, it was him or Lameiras, and while I like Lameiras I feel Murphy offers us something different (pace) from the other two of the three. You're probably right though.

Hobo

I can see Hunt replacing Murphy.

Macca

A loss would start to sow the seeds of doubt in my mind. I have a different view of a blip to others

Otis

A loss would start to sow the seeds of doubt in my mind. I have a different view of a blip to others
For the first time this season, on Saturday a few seeds of doubt were sown in my mind.

We were doing okay and looked the most likely to score, but as soon as that first goal went in we just looked clueless, inept and very much second best.

It was at that point that it so much reminded me of other seasons. Seasons where as soon as we went a goal down you knew the game was lost.

TM has hinted at there not being many changes for Southend, but to my mind it needs a shake up and Murphy has been poor 2 games in a row and with Fleck out we need to alter the way we play anyway. Bigi is just not the same player as Fleck.

I am hoping Rose gets a run out at some point in the game, but it does need a shake-up (Phillips? Murphy? moving Stokes back to left CB? Etc. etc.)

Macca

I don't think we've been in promotion mode since Gillingham and that's a bit of time now. Look I thought we'd be in the league 2 this year so I'll be happy with a top 10 finish. There are others who already think a derby match with villa is a certainty next year so for their sakes we need to go on a run soon

mechaishida

For the first time this season, on Saturday a few seeds of doubt were sown in my mind.

We were doing okay and looked the most likely to score, but as soon as that first goal went in we just looked clueless, inept and very much second best.

It was at that point that it so much reminded me of other seasons. Seasons where as soon as we went a goal down you knew the game was lost.

TM has hinted at there not being many changes for Southend, but to my mind it needs a shake up and Murphy has been poor 2 games in a row and with Fleck out we need to alter the way we play anyway. Bigi is just not the same player as Fleck.

I am hoping Rose gets a run out at some point in the game, but it does need a shake-up (Phillips? Murphy? moving Stokes back to left CB? Etc. etc.)

Absolutely, a shake up is definitely required; Murphy needs a spot on the bench this week and I'd give Hunt a go. I'm hoping we'll see Lorentzson soon, 'cos this right back position needs stabilising.

I'm a fan of utilising different players against different opposition, but it's time TM finds his best 11 and tries to stick with it. This rotation business is not working terribly well.

letsallsingtogether

We will lose 2-1.........
I have been wrong for the last 4 games hope it continues☺.
Have got the hotel booked wife's second game this season so need to do well........

Astute

We will lose 2-1.........
I have been wrong for the last 4 games hope it continues☺.
Have got the hotel booked wife's second game this season so need to do well........

Why take the wife and ruin what could have been a good weekend?

SeasideShrimper

Southend News - We've just signed Glen Kamara on loan from Arsenal. Sam McQueen joined on loan from Southampton yesterday and last week we signed Stephen Hendrie on loan from West Ham.

My Predicted Line-Up - Dan Bentley (GK), John White, Cian Bolger, Adam Barrett, Stephen Hendrie, Will Atkinson, Gary Deegan, Ryan Leonard, Jack Payne, Noel Hunt, Tyrone Barnett

Subs - Ted Smith (GK), Luke O'Neill, Glen Kamara, Michael Timlin, Sam McQueen, David Worrall, David Mooney

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd love to have been able to go, if only to have a look around Wickford nearby. I lived there in the early 1950's and again in 1970. Guess it's changed a bit!

Skyblueweeman

Southend News - We've just signed Glen Kamara on loan from Arsenal. Sam McQueen joined on loan from Southampton yesterday and last week we signed Stephen Hendrie on loan from West Ham.

My Predicted Line-Up - Dan Bentley (GK), John White, Cian Bolger, Adam Barrett, Stephen Hendrie, Will Atkinson, Gary Deegan, Ryan Leonard, Jack Payne, Noel Hunt, Tyrone Barnett

Subs - Ted Smith (GK), Luke O'Neill, Glen Kamara, Michael Timlin, Sam McQueen, David Worrall, David Mooney

Just saying 'Insert generic Stephen Hendrie snooker pun' before Otis gets in there first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Alright who started all these snooker puns?

I think skyblueweeman is in the frame.

Hobo

I would settle for a draw, but we could do with a win.

robbiethemole

autos could be snookered if we dont win

we need to know when to clear the ball and when to play tippy tappy, opposition cant score if the ball is in the stands (Ramage and Cookie take note), ta.

PUSB

adamed

Hi guys, could anyone let me know the away pubs for Southend? I've seen a few but will be good to know where the Sky Blue Faithful are heading to beforehand tomorrow.

PUSB!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Their keeper is decent. I hope he has a shit game tomorrow. Or a dodgy meal tonight. One or the other!!

Listening to the phone in and Mowbrays comments it looks like Bigi will be coming in for Fleck. Think I'd rather throw Rose in and see what he has to offer as Bigi isn't in par with Fleck, and more of an impact sub to bring on when we want to defend a lead

Gazolba

I would settle for a draw, <snip>

We can't keep being satisfied with draws if we want to get promoted. Half the time I'm not satisfied with a win because I want a bigger win!

Skyblueweeman

Their keeper is decent. I hope he has a shit game tomorrow. Or a dodgy meal tonight. One or the other!!

Listening to the phone in and Mowbrays comments it looks like Bigi will be coming in for Fleck. Think I'd rather throw Rose in and see what he has to offer as Bigi isn't in par with Fleck, and more of an impact sub to bring on when we want to defend a lead

Can only assume that Rose still isn't ready sw88.

Londonccfcfan

It's a huge game, a draw simply would not be good enough we need to arrest this slide starting with 3 points tomorrow.

Will be a huge test of our character, and will be a barometer as how high or low the confidence levels are within the squad.

A win tomorrow could simply be the biggest 3 points of the season so far and would put us in good stead for the so called slightly easier run in after this.

A draw would only see us in all probability drop down the league depending on other results.

There is absolutely nothing to fear from Them, if we play well and cut out the mistakes. We will win simple.

il be there tomorrow cheering us on.

Users who are viewing this thread