SP - "Hoping to sign players soon" (1 Viewer)

ArchieLittle

On what planet is this man living?

We are under embargo for not filing accounts, we are not even legally out of administration yet.
Don't even see how we can appeal on the grounds Portsmouth used of not having enough players, we have the bomb squad sitting there.

Are they aiming to go to the FL and say, can we have some more please, we don't like the ones we've got?

Sub

they are hoping to build a stadium and they are also hoping for 3-4000 every home game , i say no fooking chance:slap:

Sutty

He's clearly just going on what he's been told.

There is a quote in there which clears up some confusion as well. People were making something of the fact he says there will only be 2 signings, whereas he said 6 or 7 a few weeks ago. However, he is quoted as saying there will be 2 signings and then 'one in, one out' after that. There are 5 bomb squad members still on the books, so if we get rid of all of them, that's 5 squad places, plus the 2, accounting for the 7 that he quoted a few weeks back.

skybluehugh

There will be NO new signings in my view. I can not see any professional football player signing for a club that could be out of business in the next couple of months. where is the sense in that.

ArchieLittle

I'm sure he is just spouting the party line, but this is just utter tripe.

P.S. I'm hoping for a big win on the euro millions soon

Sterling Archer

Whats actually wrong with what he has said? I've started to see a few posts creeping in, criticising Pressley in recent weeks based on absolutely nothing that could really be construed as negative.

Even saw one poster damning Elvis because he hadn't walked away from us. *chortle*

ArchieLittle

Whats actually wrong with what he has said? I've started to see a few posts creeping in, criticising Pressley in recent weeks based on absolutely nothing that could really be construed as negative.

Even saw one poster damning Elvis because he hadn't walked away from us. *chortle*

I'm all for giving the man a chance in very difficult circumstances.

Looking for positives when you've lost a game is part of a mangers job, and we can all tell him how we would have done it differently and won.
I said above I'm sure this is the party line, and the odd bit reads like a press release rather than an interview, but he will lose any support from fans if he keeps allowing LaLa land statements.

ajsccfc

There will be NO new signings in my view. I can not see any professional football player signing for a club that could be out of business in the next couple of months. where is the sense in that.

Guaranteed first team football.

covcity4life

100% with you archer, it seems some people have real issues with pressley, maybe its cos hes not robins,maybe its because people see him as a sisu puppet(that one we can ignore because anyone who sees both sides of an argument is labelled sisu lover) but i agree its pathetic the flack he is getting

i wouldnt be surprised at all to see us bring in 1-2 faces.

Is Pressley the only man in Coventry who actually believes a word Fisher tells him.

Sorry but if he is that stupid he should not be our manager.

WillieStanley

Plenty of players have signed for Pompey over the last few years.

skybluebeduff

The problem I see is, if we have a 'bomb' squad, they NEED to go before we can sign replacements, or what's the point?

sotv1987

I'm almost certain I heard on cwr on Saturday that the embargo was being lifted, I'm sure they mentioned the reason why it was allowed to be lifted was because they liquidated ccfc ltd and the only reason was we were under embargo was because ltd was in admin, have I dreamt all this, maybe it's just wishful thinking!! Someone correct me if i have got it totally wrong!

skybluebeduff

I'm almost certain I heard on cwr on Saturday that the embargo was being lifted, I'm sure they mentioned the reason why it was allowed to be lifted was because they liquidated ccfc ltd and the only reason was we were under embargo was because ltd was in admin, have I dreamt all this, maybe it's just wishful thinking!! Someone correct me if i have got it totally wrong!

Surely some Media outlet would of quoted this by now if true?!

sotv1987

Surely some Media outlet would of quoted this by now if true?![/QUOT

Agreed, that was what I was thinking, maybe it's just me drinking too much at weekends and then being delusional!!! Although the whole situation is enough to make any Cov fan delusional!!

skybluehugh

Plenty of players have signed for Pompey over the last few years.

But for some unknown reason we are not allowed to buy players while we are under the transfer embargo, like Pompy are. Also they still had their ground so they didn't need to move to Southampton or Plymouth just to play their home games. It is very unlikely we are going to have the embargo lifted before the TW shuts as the books have still not been submitted. So how can we bring anyone in.

stupot07

Barton and Fleck are too similar in style. Both like to play deep, taking the ball off the back 4 and starting attacks that way. Playing both of them means the midfield sits too deep, especially playing a 4-4-2.

We shouldn't be playing 442, we don't have the midfielders to do it, and a 5 man midfield would offer our young back 4 a bit more protection.

ajsccfc

For how long?

As long as they're available, with the numbers we have. There's no indication we're going to cease to exist any time soon but if we did, the players playing week in week out wouldn't do their chances of finding another club any harm.

We shouldn't be playing 442, we don't have the midfielders to do it, and a 5 man midfield would offer our young back 4 a bit more protection.

These are the sort of posts this board should be about, good old honest football opinions and banter. I think it's horses for courses and was screaming for 4-4-2 last season, but I think you're right at this moment in time stu a 5 man midfield would cover the back four and with our extra fitness we looked pacey on saturday so wilson could still get up in support of leon quickly.

Sutty

The problem of course being that Wilson and Leon Clarke are 2 of the players that most merit a spot in the team at the minute. Might be worth using Wilson on the left/right of a 4-2-3-1.

stupot07

The problem of course being that Wilson and Leon Clarke are 2 of the players that most merit a spot in the team at the minute. Might be worth using Wilson on the left/right of a 4-2-3-1.

Yeah, I'd shove Wilson out right, bring baker in the hole, moussa leftside then probably keep Thomas and fleck in the deeper roles. The other downside of 442 is its quite rigid with wide players staying wide which hinders the full backs getting forward.

skybluehugh

As long as they're available, with the numbers we have. There's no indication we're going to cease to exist any time soon but if we did, the players playing week in week out wouldn't do their chances of finding another club any harm.

I wish I was as optimistic about us not going out of business any time soon, especially after the JR out come this AM

Grendel

I wish I was as optimistic about us not going out of business any time soon, especially after the JR out come this AM

Don't worry if we do. You can always pop down and watch ACL united. Lets be honest you are a far bigger fan of theirs anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread