Spanish Police (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

No surprise to anyone who’s followed England away in Spain. Battering women and people in wheelchairs is standard.
Mind you, when it’s football fans it’s acceptable.

Sick Boy

There's a video online of them attacking firefighters as well. If any of us behaved like them we'd be up in court.

Otis

So stupid, it's just going to make more people likely to turn towards independence.
Exactly my thoughts too. Surely will result in more solidarity.

These people are doing nothing wrong past standing there, or in the one case, sat on the floor.

Sick Boy

Democracy!
Let's not pretend it can't happen anywhere across the Globe.
Appalling stuff, huge mistake from the Spanish government.

I think that if both sides of the debate voted it would be pretty close.

Otis

Democracy!
Let's not pretend it can't happen anywhere across the Globe.
Appalling stuff, huge mistake from the Spanish government.
Yep, try and convince people by democratic means, don't go sending police in to intimidate and threaten.

Liquid Gold

The polls said a majority were in favour of remaining part of Spain. You'd think that would increase if the government set up an official campaign and made the argument for staying unified giving them an easy win and putting the issue to bed for a generation.

Make no mistake, Catalonia will get an official referendum at some point. They have the right to self determination and if they can't exercise it through the ballot box they will become radicalised. Its as if nothing was learnt from the ETA debacle.

Otis

Some of the videos are shocking

Charges should be brought against those police officers throwing people down the stairs and kicking and pulling their hair.

Absolutely disgusting. Really video me that video.

Users who are viewing this thread