Sporting in for Latibeaudiere? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Ah ok but we need a right back anyway as Joel isn't a great option there , and we need to buy new centre halves anyway as again joel isn't a great option there

Personally I don’t think he’s as terrible as you do, but regardless that’s two players to replace him, which is what I said!

Evo1883

Personally I don’t think he’s as terrible as you do, but regardless that’s two players to replace him, which is what I said!
Don't think he's terrible , I just think he's average at everything , good at nothing

We're replacing binks too in my scenario , shows we are short rather than us having to replace Franco baresi , Eccles is a better right back and he's a midfielder

shmmeee

Don't think he's terrible , I just think he's average at everything , good at nothing

Which is perfect for a utility player. Will be happy to fill in, won’t let you down. If we sold him we’d need to buy another one of him in really. In fact if we don’t I’d be looking for a left sided version like Styles because of the in game flexibility it gives us, not to mention making a limited wage bill go further.

Evo1883

Which is perfect for a utility player. Will be happy to fill in, won’t let you down. If we sold him we’d need to buy another one of him in really. In fact if we don’t I’d be looking for a left sided version like Styles because of the in game flexibility it gives us, not to mention making a limited wage bill go further.

Styles been awful at Sunderland, although he'd probably be better here

shmmeee

Styles been awful at Sunderland, although he'd probably be better here

Didn’t realise he’d gone there tbh. But it was more about the fact he can do what Lats does a bit on the left (LB/LWB/DM) and I think that’s really valuable for us.

We’re building a squad that’s comfortable in three or four formations, and Lats is key to that IMO. Every team needs a Latibeaudiere sort of thing.

shmmeee

Also, people take this piss about fan engagement, but with the old guard leaving, and new fans arriving without the hard times giving them a more personal link to the club, I wouldn’t knock having a player who keeps that going. The closeness of fans and players has been a key ingredient to our success and the higher you go the harder it is to keep going with higher paid players and newer, more expectant fans.

I’m not saying keep or sign players just for good PR, but recognise its importance.

skyblu3sk

I'd be suggesting similar to what we paid for Kitching personally... No point letting him go for less unless we want him off the books, he's a good option player covering a good number of positions means we can keep the squad small.

skybluecam

Also, people take this piss about fan engagement, but with the old guard leaving, and new fans arriving without the hard times giving them a more personal link to the club, I wouldn’t knock having a player who keeps that going. The closeness of fans and players has been a key ingredient to our success and the higher you go the harder it is to keep going with higher paid players and newer, more expectant fans.

I’m not saying keep or sign players just for good PR, but recognise its importance.
Players can’t win lol.

Some get criticised for leaning in to the fan stuff.

Then Simms gets shit for not celebrating/acknowledging fans enough.

I’d never criticise someone for engaging with fans, unless it’s truly egregious.

Evo1883

Players can’t win lol.

Some get criticised for leaning in to the fan stuff.

Then Simms gets shit for not celebrating/acknowledging fans enough.

I’d never criticise someone for engaging with fans, unless it’s truly egregious.

Not sure anybody is criticising fan engagement from lati

Skyblueweeman

People saying he's average/awful etc...

If he's that average/awful, why are the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Ajax potentially keen on him? What do they see that those who see him as average/awful don't??

Evo1883

If he's that average/awful, why are the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Ajax potentially keen on him? What do they see that those who see him as average/awful don't??

Liverpool paid 35 million for Andy Carroll to be fair

Seriously though , it may not even be true

Ccfcisparks

He can capably play several positions, that alone makes him invaluable. We’d probably have to sign at least two players to replace him. Also more of a threat at set pieces that the two massive CBs are, and clearly an important personality around the club as he’s been captain before “he looks hard so must be a leader” Kitching.

Think people wildly underrate his importance to the squad tbh.
which positions is he capable of playing? do not say CDM, we were better with Kelly in the team.

Ccfcisparks

Do we have any reliable links??? or just chip paper rumours

shmmeee

Right, so if he plays bad, but has played in that position hes a utility player?

He hasn’t played bad(ly), he’s been fine. I don’t get the hysteria over him. Claiming Kelly is better, he’s terrible where he plays, he runs like a young Forrest Gump, he’s a decent utility player who is young and clearly has leadership qualities as well as the odd goal. Why are our fans obsessed with finding a player we own and making out he’s stealing a living. Weird.

torchomatic

Disagree with that, "good at nothing" is nonsense. Is he spectacular? No, but he's a good solid utility player. I like him.

PVA

He was virtually ever present (when fit) for a side that finished 10th last year, and who wanted to keep him, and is now virtually ever present in a side pushing for the top 6. All these appearances in various positions..

He’s obviously not a brilliant CB, RB and DM, because if he was he’d be in the Premier League.

But he’s a very solid Championship player capable of perming well in all three of those positions, and that is worth a lot.

Hertsccfc

He’s a better centre half than Binks who people want us to pay a fee for in the summer. Thats before you mention what he offers in other positions.
Agree with this. He suffers in some people's eyes because he plays in a range of positions, which aren'this best. However he was one of the best players at the beginning of the season on the left side of the back three. He is better than Binks.

Ccfcisparks

He was virtually ever present (when fit) for a side that finished 10th last year, and who wanted to keep him, and is now virtually ever present in a side pushing for the top 6. All these appearances in various positions..

He’s obviously not a brilliant CB, RB and DM, because if he was he’d be in the Premier League.

But he’s a very solid Championship player capable of perming well in all three of those positions, and that is worth a lot.
Well they obviously didn't want to keep him as otherwise they would.

Their fans when we signed him gave him less than glowing reports.

Users who are viewing this thread