Sports pundits (1 Viewer)

Fysnkysc

Is it time to get rid of Eniola Aluko? all she does is make mistakes and when people call her our its either gender or race cards.
Michael Owen was sacked for the same type of mistakes.

The current crop of commentators and pundits are crap. Neville is really poor with his terrible vitriol about Man utd all the time. The females are all shit, not because they're female but because they're shit.

chiefdave

its not just the actual pundits, its the weird formats. why do tv channels insist on trying to fix something that isn't broken.

All you need is your pundits sat around discussing what's happened and a few replays. Not weird sets with everyone stood around looking uncomfortable, or making them stand pitch side, or having weird replay devices.

rob9872

Barton hides behind long words trying to appear intelligent. He's not. In this instance he's called out pundits based on gender and is mostly wrong. I say mostly as some clearly only there ticking boxes and are dreadful, but plenty of bad male pundits too. The issue with the sudden saturation of female pundits if anything detracts away from the genuine good ones, but to say they don't know anything because they've not played the level, is not only disrespectful but also wrong. I'm not sure if he actually believes it or simply trying to be controversial to gain traction.

NorthernWisdom

Barton hides behind long words trying to appear intelligent. He's not. In this instance he's called out pundits based on gender and is mostly wrong. I say mostly as some clearly only there ticking boxes and are dreadful, but plenty of bad male pundits too. The issue with the sudden saturation of female pundits if anything detracts away from the genuine good ones, but to say they don't know anything because they've not played the level, is not only disrespectful but also wrong. I'm not sure if he actually believes it or simply trying to be controversial to gain traction.
Yeah tbf one of the ones he cited is terrible, but the way he did it was idiotic. And as you say, after years of Mark Lawrenson being employed (and Dublin as co-commentator can be painful!) there are other shocking ones.

Emma Hayes always seemed pretty good.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is it time to get rid of Eniola Aluko? all she does is make mistakes and when people call her our its either gender or race cards.
Michael Owen was sacked for the same type of mistakes.

I have felt in the past Eni Aluko has played the victim, such as when she stopped getting picked for England. Frankly, she wasn't picked because she wasn't good enough and frankly I think she was lucky to have as long a career as she did as her talents were massively overrated. And, yes I don't think she's a particularly good pundit either.

But using comments by Joey Barton as a way of suggesting it is stupid. He's clearly got an axe to grind against women, especially women in football, and his comments are utterly meaningless due to that bias.

If fact I'd prefer Aluko to get a lifetime contract just to piss the racist, misogynist rat-faced c**t off.

Nuskyblue

I have felt in the past Eni Aluko has played the victim, such as when she stopped getting picked for England. Frankly, she wasn't picked because she wasn't good enough and frankly I think she was lucky to have as long a career as she did as her talents were massively overrated. And, yes I don't think she's a particularly good pundit either.

But using comments by Joey Barton as a way of suggesting it is stupid. He's clearly got an axe to grind against women, especially women in football, and his comments are utterly meaningless due to that bias.

If fact I'd prefer Aluko to get a lifetime contract just to piss the racist, misogynist rat-faced c**t off.
Welcome to TNTs No Clue Corner hosted but Eni Aluko and Michael Owen where the England legends discuss the validity of piklets.

Fysnkysc

It was more all the comments on the itv post, click it majority of them are there saying she's shit including other women.

Otis

Yea that's an opinion, majority of crime committed has been due to these people, majority of rapist in the UK are sure as shit not English names.

Still don't make me racist for having an opinion and backing it up with facts.

Even if I was what does it have to do with this thread? Rather than being s c**t message me we can arrange something.
Screenshot_2024-01-06-13-29-13-44_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That doesn't sound like an English name either. 🤪

Sick Boy

Even if I was what does it have to do with this thread? Rather than being s c**t message me we can arrange something.
bbc GIF

NorthernWisdom

Yea that's an opinion, majority of crime committed has been due to these people, majority of rapist in the UK are sure as shit not English names.

Still don't make me racist for having an opinion and backing it up with facts.

Going to offer to stab him?

Users who are viewing this thread