STRIKERS *

Godden
Simms

Last edited:

Skybluedownunder

One good striker, one promising young loan
One centre mid
One LCB
One ACM if we still have funds but not bothered if we don’t as Sakamoto can play there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmttww

Assuming Binks is a done deal...

1 x rapid, tricky striker on loan

1 x Godden clone* on a perm.

That would do for me. More is a bonus.

*that gives us 40ish games in a season

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Binks comes in, I think we need another centre back and striker on permanent

Then go with loans, possibly another striker, central midfield and attacking midfielder

shmmeee

Collins/Wilson/Tyler
van Ewijk/Sakamoto/Burroughs
Dasilva/Bidwell/Batanwi
Latibeaudiere/Thomas
Fadz/??
??/Binks
Hamer/??/Howley
Sheaf/Kelly/Eccles
??/Palmer/O’Hare/Allen/Eghosa/Rus
??/??/Simms/Godden/Obikwu/Tavares

I keep thinking I’m asking too much and the club keep delivering so fuck it.

mmttww

Have a hunch some Academy lads might be trusted with some decent minutes from the bench. Keep them around till Jan, loan them out unless they break through and get serious minutes, backfill with a couple of loans.

Martin180

Collins/Wilson/Tyler
van Ewijk/Sakamoto/Burroughs
Dasilva/Bidwell/Batanwi
Latibeaudiere/Thomas
Fadz/??
??/Binks
Hamer/??/Howley
Sheaf/Kelly/Eccles
??/Palmer/O’Hare/Allen/Eghosa/Rus
??/??/Simms/Godden/Obikwu/Tavares

I keep thinking I’m asking too much and the club keep delivering so fuck it.
Thomas?

Just seen you've got him 🙈

no_loyalty

Another decent striker in soon hopefully.

bigfatronssba

I think some of the 10 MR was talking about will end up being development players.
I hope not.

That's like in the Micky Adams era how a player that had been out injured for 4 weeks would be coming back during the transfer window and he would describe him as being "like a new signing"

Monty

If we are going to fill the 10 MR referred to that means 3 new CB - 2 if Binks has signed. 2 new forwards, an AM and a DM. My question is how many players start who were with us last year? Hamer, Sheaf? Palmer but where does Saka then play? Exciting times. Completely overhauling a team that nearly got promoted with what on paper seems better players is brave of Robins and just does not feel real its not the normal Coventry way

Balli001

If we are going to fill the 10 MR referred to that means 3 new CB - 2 if Binks has signed. 2 new forwards, an AM and a DM. My question is how many players start who were with us last year? Hamer, Sheaf? Palmer but where does Saka then play? Exciting times. Completely overhauling a team that nearly got promoted with what on paper seems better players is brave of Robins and just does not feel real its not the normal Coventry way
Actually of the 10 2 cb would have been signed in thomas and binks

CCFCSteve

I think some of the 10 MR was talking about will end up being development players.

Exactly, Robins won’t want a load of senior players hanging around who aren’t playing regularly. Definitely need another striker. Binks and one more CB. The rest development/young loans….unless Hamer goes, in which case another CM

Last edited:

Telfer85

Exactly, Robins won’t want a load of senior players hanging around who aren’t playing regularly. Definitely need another striker. Binks and one more CB. The rest development/young loans….unless Hamer goes, in which case another CM
You say that but I think the one thing Robins does want is depth. I think he’d like to be able to rotate a lot more and have quality to replace quality something we haven’t been able to do. The versatility of the players he’s signing as well I think he wants to be able to change the formation up when it’s needed maybe go to wingers if the wing back system isn’t been effective. Last season again we didn’t have the depth or quality to do that.

Think this season there are 9 subs as well so more players can be involved. Ideally I’m sure he’d wanna send out some of youngsters as well to get first team football and not have to make the numbers up on the bench when they aren’t ready yet.

Covkid1968#

TomRad85

Any players leaving from that ?
I've been thinking about this, its an interesting one. Always have to state that i don't dislike any of these players, so that i don't get jumped on, but my thoughts are...

Moore - will leave as soon as we find someone to take him
Fadz - phased out over the season but probably not moved on, good to have around
Kelly - Won't play much but we've just offered him a contract so again he's a good continuity face to have around
Bidwell - I feel like we'd accept an offer if one came in, i'd actually like him to stay as i think he's decent but just a feeling
Allen - Also think we might accept an offer if one was there, i think we're moving on to stronger players but no issue if he stays
Godden - Personally feel like Robins wants players who offer more to the game overall. I guess we'll see if he feels like keeping a poacher around but again if we got a decent offer i think we'd let him go.

Also various youth players to head out on loan

Users who are viewing this thread