Squad size limit of 25 in championship (1 Viewer)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

According to a published list there are 22 players in Coventry senior squad , that leaves 3 spots open for extra players . To push for playoff's I think we need two forwards and a creative midfielder . Any more than that then some players have to be shipped out it seems.
Contenders for shipping out ,Moore, Ayari, Godden and maybe even Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised to see Godden going elsewhere as sure some club would take him.

Squad Lists​

Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad List based on the following provisions:​

1. in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8
    must be a Home Grown Player

Skybluedownunder

According to a published list there are 22 players in Coventry senior squad , that leaves 3 spots open for extra players . To push for playoff's I think we need two forwards and a creative midfielder . Any more than that then some players have to be shipped out it seems.
Contenders for shipping out ,Moore, Ayari, Godden and maybe even Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised to see Godden going elsewhere as sure some club would take him.

Squad Lists​

Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad List based on the following provisions:​

Is Tavares classed as a first team player as he’s another one we could definitely ship out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Fabio is classed as a senior player.

This is the website that list championship squads

This is the squad
1 Allen, Jamie Paul Yes
2 Ayari, Yasin
3 Bidwell, Jake Brian Yes
4 Binks, Luis Thomas
5 Collins, Bradley Ray Yes
6 Dasilva, Jay Rhys Yes
7 Eccles, Joshua Elliot Yes
8 Godden, Matthew James Yes
9 Kelly, Liam Yes
10 Latibeaudiere, Joel Owen Yes
11 McFadzean, Kyle John Yes
12 Moore, Simon William Yes
13 O'Hare, Callum Luke Yes
14 Palmer, Kasey Remel Yes
15 Sakamoto, Tatsuhiro
16 Sheaf, Benjamin Yes
17 Simms, Ellis Reco Yes
18 Tavares Desiderio, Fabio Andre Yes
19 Thomas, Bobby Craig Yes
20 Van Ewijk, Milan Fabrizio
21 Wilson, Ben Yes
22 Wright, Haji Amir

The trailing Yes or blank indicates whether home grown or not. Eight players of senior squad at least have to be home grown.
U21's and U18's can also play . The site lists those too but I wont bother showing them

slowpoke

When you go through that list it’s pretty good not many would make the team that much weaker

Astute

This is the squad
1 Allen, Jamie Paul Yes
2 Ayari, Yasin
4 Binks, Luis Thomas
6 Dasilva, Jay Rhys Yes
9 Kelly, Liam Yes
15 Sakamoto, Tatsuhiro
16 Sheaf, Benjamin Yes
17 Simms, Ellis Reco Yes
21 Wilson, Ben Yes
22 Wright, Haji Amir

The trailing Yes or blank indicates whether home grown or not. Eight players of senior squad at least have to be home grown.
U21's and U18's can also play . The site lists those too but I wont bother showing them
Started looking at the list from the bottom. Thought Ben Wilsons middle name was YES 🙄

slowpoke

Started looking at the list from the bottom. Thought Ben Wilsons middle name was YES 🙄
Adding Kitching makes 23 does this mean we can only sign two unless one leaves and do loaned in players count re. squad size ?

Last edited:

shmmeee

I thought Eccles would be a free player as he’s from the academy, have I made that up? Or is it U21s?

slowpoke

I think home grown player are extra but not sure if it’s upto a certain age. Also the limit for loaned in players on the pitch is 5 but you can have more than 5 loans on the books but not in the matchday squad and I also think theres a different rule for goalkeepers.

slowpoke

The only obvious one to go is Simon Moore, we could pay him up and release him, if there’s a problem ahead with the keepers injury wise goalies can be signed as an emergency loan think going back a bit we had that with Stockdale from Brum.

Sky Blue Pete

The only obvious one to go is Simon Moore, we could pay him up and release him, if there’s a problem ahead with the keepers injury wise goalies can be signed as an emergency loan think going back a bit we had that with Stockdale from Brum.
There’s more than moore who could leave, that said, you don’t go through the squad and think gosh it’s getting bad if he gets a game!

Potential leavers for me

Moore
Tavares
Kelly
Fadz
Godden

Ohare but for different reasons

It’s another big window to increase the options and standard of our first team squad for me

Not as wholesale like king said at that forum but you’ve got to think there should be some big moves

fernandopartridge

This is the squad
1 Allen, Jamie Paul Yes
2 Ayari, Yasin
4 Binks, Luis Thomas
6 Dasilva, Jay Rhys Yes
9 Kelly, Liam Yes
15 Sakamoto, Tatsuhiro
16 Sheaf, Benjamin Yes
17 Simms, Ellis Reco Yes
21 Wilson, Ben Yes
22 Wright, Haji Amir

Such a funny coincidence that all of our players have 'Yes' as one of their middle names

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Adding Kitching makes 23 does this mean we can only sign two unless one leaves and do loaned in players count re. squad size ?
Loan players are part of the squad.

May only be a couple coming in and if anymore seems as some will have to be delisted and no longer available to play.

If some players have to go , this may put Kelly, Fadz, Godden, Moore(even Wilson) and Allen as possible's to be shipped out. Personally we need Fadz to be a backup and provide his other qualities and Allen is such a useful 'pro'. Kelly would be a sad loss but he could get an offer. Godden seems to me as someone we can do without who would definitely get an offer elsewhere .

EFL regulation 44.9 is listed below

Squad Lists​

must be a Home Grown Player; and
  2. in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum
    of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:​

1. in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any
    Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and
  2. in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs:
    1. any Under 21 Players; and
    2. goalkeepers.
Guidance
Clubs are required to declare whether or not a Player is goalkeeper when submitting a registration application. Inaccurately declaring an outfield Player as a goalkeeper will constitute misconduct as a breach of the Club’s obligation to behave towards the League with the upmost good faith (as per Regulation 3.4).
Under 21 Players who are on Loan to Championship Clubs are counted towards the 25 Player limit for the purpose of the Squad List Regulation.

Each Club shall submit its Squad List to The League:​

1. within 24 hours of a Transfer Window; or
  2. such other date and time as may be notified by the League.
Guidance
The inclusion of this power is to amend the deadline for submitting Squad Lists where the 24 hour deadline would impact on a weekend/bank holiday.

A Club shall apply to:​

1. include a Player on its Squad List; and/or
  2. remove a Player from its Squad List,
by submitting a request to that effect to The League (in such manner as The League shall direct from time to time).
Guidance
All details to be uploaded via iFAS.

A Player shall be deemed to have been included or removed from a Club’s Squad List on receipt of The League’s confirmation of the same (which may be given electronically).​

Changes to a Squad List may be made:​

1. during the period of a Transfer Window; and
  2. at other times only with the permission of The League.
Guidance
Changes inside a Transfer Window
Changes to the Squad List can be made at any time during the Transfer Window.
Clubs do not need to apply to the EFL for approval to make the change, Clubs only need to make the changes via iFAS.
In order to be eligible for a League Match during the Transfer Window, the Player (unless an exclusion applies) must be registered with the EFL and be included on the Squad List before the relevant League Match. The EFL recommends uploading the updated Squad List not less than 24 hours before the relevant League Match.
Changes outside of a Transfer Window
The League will only consider granting permission to make changes to the Squad List outside of a Transfer Window where:
  • the Club’s current Squad List contains less than the maximum number of
    Players permitted to be included on the Squad List and the Club wishes to add an Out of Registration Player or another Player registered with the Club but not currently included on the Squad List, or
  • in other truly exceptional circumstances to include but not be limited
    to those set out in the note from EFL Player Admin found on the EFL Portal.

The League will publish each Club’s Squad List and a list of all other Contract Players eligible to participate in League Matches but are not included on the Squad List, on the League’s official website within 7 days of the closing of a Transfer Window.​

Greggs

Bradley Ray Collins is far cooler than Brad Collins.
Country Music GIF by Lil Nas X

slowpoke

There’s more than moore who could leave, that said, you don’t go through the squad and think gosh it’s getting bad if he gets a game!

Potential leavers for me

Moore
Tavares
Kelly
Fadz
Godden

Ohare but for different reasons

It’s another big window to increase the options and standard of our first team squad for me

Not as wholesale like king said at that forum but you’ve got to think there should be some big moves
Can’t see Kelly or McFadz being let go yet.

slowpoke

Does home grown mean lads who have come through the acadamy or born in Britain but perhaps not Ireland ?

Users who are viewing this thread