SSD Laptops (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

So, any recommendations? It's for Mrs Wisdom and she doesn't do much other than work and store photos on it(!) but her current laptop is now glacial. I had an SSD one during Covid and it's pretty good.

NorthernWisdom

Really depends on your budget and requirements. If you're in the market for a new laptop, then I'd start with the Dell outlet. I've had a couple of PCs from them and can't fault 'em.

What I'm concerned about too is tenacity. My Dad's been recommending Acer ones at about £650... and I had thought Dell didn't have the best reputation... but might be wrong, I'm out of touch nowadays!

She does get a discount with Dell via work mind you.

Brighton Sky Blue

The HP Envy I got has been very good. About a year into having it and still boots up fast, came with a wireless mouse and stylus included etc. Would recommend it with lower memory to keep the price down if she isn’t going to do much else on it.

Ccfcsj

What I'm concerned about too is tenacity. My Dad's been recommending Acer ones at about £650... and I had thought Dell didn't have the best reputation... but might be wrong, I'm out of touch nowadays!

She does get a discount with Dell via work mind you.
We use Dell at work and my dad has a home one. They appear have gone down hill in terms of reliability

Ccfcsj

The HP Envy I got has been very good. About a year into having it and still boots up fast, came with a wireless mouse and stylus included etc. Would recommend it with lower memory to keep the price down if she isn’t going to do much else on it.
HP Envy do seem to be a solid machine

Nick

Administrator
Dell are decent, it really depends which one.

Pretty much all Laptops come with SSDs now, they are smaller and lightweight as well as being fast!

I have an HP Probook that does me for all sorts, graphics etc and has lasted.

It just depends on budget, reconditioned ones will get you more though.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Another vote for Dell here. I've got a XPS that was top spec. back in 2017 & is still working a treat.

I got my Mrs a low spec. latitude about 18 months back & thats still working A1 too.

duffer

Fwiw, I got one of the these for the daughter for homework and stuff. 128 Gb SSD, Windows 11, Office etc..

£279 on an Amazon deal at the mo, and bowls along happily enough. I've had a few Acers over the years without any issues.

Deal: Acer Swift 1 SF114-34 14 inch Laptop - (Intel Pentium N6000, 4GB, 128GB SSD, Full HD Display, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 11 in S Mode, Gold) https://amzn.eu/d/cITPCFw

I like Dell too, fwiw, certainly build quality on their PCs always looked good to me (in the days when I fixed/upgraded tech for a living). That was a good few years ago mind, so others may have more up to date opinions. :)

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread