ST fund (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Going to buy the first sets of Season Tickets tomorrow.

Thank you for your donations so far, if you have a few pounds spare, we still have nominations to review and consider helping.

Also, if you know people we can help them please nominate them.
Use the pinned thread at the top for the links.

Thank You for your generosity and your nominations

MMJ

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Just wanted to share one persons nomination who you are helping.
This site and Twitter is where the money come from so thank you, the help for the um and son below only happens because of you 👏👏👏
Apologies, I won’t ever stop asking, so if you have a few pounds spare, please donate.

xxxx (child) has had a hard upsetting time. His mother xxxx has been victim of awful domestic abuse. They’ve fled their home 3 times and have nothing. The father does not contribute financially. They have no TV, only a few board games from charity shops.
xxxx only entertainment is watching football on YouTube on my phone or out playing football with his friends.
He never asks for anything apart from he would love to watch Coventry play.
He did have a Coventry Kit but that had to be left behind when they fled. The perpetrator got rid of all their belongings.
it would be amazing if they could be considered for a Season Ticket
Nan

rob9872

How old is the kid? Might be some shirts of the right size that kids have grown out of to donate too.

Also can't you put up the knobhead who's been doing the domestic abuse and we'll get a vigilante group up too 🤔 😀👊

bigfatronssba

Going to buy the first sets of Season Tickets tomorrow.

Thank you for your donations so far, if you have a few pounds spare, we still have nominations to review and consider helping.

Also, if you know people we can help them please nominate them.
Use the pinned thread at the top for the links.

Thank You for your generosity and your nominations

MMJ

Can you put the link up again on where to donate please?

pipkin73

This site and Twitter is where the money come from so thank you, the help for the um and son below only happens because of you 👏👏👏
Apologies, I won’t ever stop asking, so if you have a few pounds spare, please donate.

xxxx (child) has had a hard upsetting time. His mother xxxx has been victim of awful domestic abuse. They’ve fled their home 3 times and have nothing. The father does not contribute financially. They have no TV, only a few board games from charity shops.
xxxx only entertainment is watching football on YouTube on my phone or out playing football with his friends.
He did have a Coventry Kit but that had to be left behind when they fled. The perpetrator got rid of all their belongings.
Nan
I did not know what to do here, thumbs up or Happy as you now know of them and can help them.

PLEASE!!!!

If you can help then please do, this fund really does help people struggling for various reasons.

I won't apologize for saying this but, Doug King , please support the fund.

You want us to follow the journey and support the Club (we are doing that and it looks like record numbers), how about you supporting this cause, like Joy used to and even this season has (Anonymously) plus Mr Richard Overson.

Even your brother has donated, Mr King of Shaves.

I know you are busy restructuring the club from top to bottom, but only a small amount from you (let's say no cash but you honor what Joy has done and match the total raised (let's face it the money is coming back to you/club anyway, but will help so many people in a bad situation through no fault of their own) and create a lot of goodwill.

Doug King, you want us to support the club and we are (it looks like it will be record numbers).

We also support fans who are struggling, the club you have brought has a heart and the supporters always help each other out.

You asked US to be part of the Club's journey, can you be part of ours?

I won't apologize for posting this, I know the club read this forum.

This is such a worthy cause and no other clubs fans do this, it shows just how special we are as a club and a community.

In a time of living crises due to the cost of living, the fact that ordinary fans have raised 4K plus ( and Richard Overson and Joy's contribution) i think says so much about the clubs supporters.

Doug, it's not a big decision.

Either you want to help the local community from which you want record sales or you don't, i really hope you do to keep the goodwill going.

PUSB sorry for the rant, it never started that way but it's how i feel.

Last edited:

LincolnNick

Nan
The post about the poor family suffering domestic abuse was so moving. It brought tears to my eyes and was so humbling. Keep the fantastic work up.

skyblu3sk

Nan
Any chance of making an exception in this case and throwing a shirt in for them too?

skyblu3sk

How old is the kid? Might be some shirts of the right size that kids have grown out of to donate too.

Also can't you put up the knobhead who's been doing the domestic abuse and we'll get a vigilante group up too 🤔 😀👊
Agree with this too, never understand the mentality of a coward taking their own inadequacies out on someone else. Absolute pussy of the highest order.

Alex1987

I did not know what to do here, thumbs up or Happy as you now know of them and can help them.

PLEASE!!!!

If you can help then please do, this fund really does help people struggling for various reasons.

I won't apologize for saying this but, Doug King , please support the fund.

You want us to follow the journey and support the Club (we are doing that and it looks like record numbers), how about you supporting this cause, like Joy used to and even this season has (Anonymously) plus Mr Richard Overson.

Even your brother has donated, Mr King of Shaves.

I know you are busy restructuring the club from top to bottom, but only a small amount from you (let's say no cash but you honor what Joy has done and match the total raised (let's face it the money is coming back to you/club anyway, but will help so many people in a bad situation through no fault of their own) and create a lot of goodwill.

Doug King, you want us to support the club and we are (it looks like it will be record numbers).

We also support fans who are struggling, the club you have brought has a heart and the supporters always help each other out.

You asked US to be part of the Club's journey, can you be part of ours?

I won't apologize for posting this, I know the club read this forum.

This is such a worthy cause and no other clubs fans do this, it shows just how special we are as a club and a community.

In a time of living crises due to the cost of living, the fact that ordinary fans have raised 4K plus ( and Richard Overson and Joy's contribution) i think says so much about the clubs supporters.

Doug, it's not a big decision.

Either you want to help the local community from which you want record sales or you don't, i really hope you do to keep the goodwill going.

PUSB sorry for the rant, it never started that way but it's how i feel.

Is it worth tweeting his brother and asking if he can contact Doug himself?

Has Tom Grennan donated? I know he went big on the Argentina fan for example?

Christian Horner? Probably very difficult to track down but might worth a go....?

pipkin73

I would guess his brother knows what is happening at the club, and minimum has told him.
If Doug does not contribute it will be by choice not by having no option or no knowledge of what is going on but choosing not to. Let's hope he thinks we will sell thousands more and he wants to be the face of them. If not i am really disappointed in him. He should act like a leader and help sell tickets.

pipkin73

Let's assume DK has no idea, even then this is a community fund (feel-good factor) so the Cov Tel should be all over it.

Andy Turner (is he still our reporter)? for the Cov Tel should be asking him what he thinks of supporters doing that for each other and if he is prepared to contribute to the fund like the previous owners paid in or beat the amount.
Embarrass him if that is what it takes for him to contribute to the fund.

He has to either contribute to the fund or match the amount paid in or i for 1 won't trust a word he says about investment in the team. Time for action not words Mr King

pipkin73

Another 2k was donated this morning.

This is priceless PR for the club if they embrace it and what it's all about, they should be getting MMJ in for a meeting with the ticket office where he can be easily getting the tickets.

Would Doug King really not know about it?
Brilliant, could it be him? Who else is going to put that much in? With Joy we knew as we had her bank details from before so anonymous never worked lol. Whoever it was all I can say is thank you, you have just helped so many people have a smile in a otherwise crap life.

Terry Gibson's perm

If they have any shirts in his size in the sale at the shop when buying this morning then I will just buy it for him myself. Great suggestion

I’m happy to go halves with you on the shirt if you pm your bank details and if they haven’t got one in the sale, the offer will stand for a new style one when they are launched.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Quite a few other donations as well from people on here.

£73 needed to break £10,000 - which one of you kind donors will it be, I’ll see if I can get a frame made by Martin Coleman for the person that gets us over that amount.

rob9872

Quite a few other donations as well from people on here.

£73 needed to break £10,000 - which one of you kind donors will it be, I’ll see if I can get a frame made by Martin Coleman for the person that gets us over that amount.
Gone over the threshhold with an anonymous - who's going to claim to be it? :)

Well done everyone, next target £15k ;)

Grendel

Another 2k was donated this morning.

This is priceless PR for the club if they embrace it and what it's all about, they should be getting MMJ in for a meeting with the ticket office where he can be easily getting the tickets.

Would Doug King really not know about it?

Im pretty certain he knows about it

AStonesThrow

I’ve just donated £10, and I just wanted to say thank you to MMJ for the hundreds of memories with my children this fund provided me with. Without this, I would never have been able to go to the games and the joy it brought myself and my children over the years were priceless. I can no longer go to the game’s regularly as I now live in Dorset, although my children go to the games every weekend that they’re not down here with me.
Thank you so much to you Simon, but also to all of you who have donated over the years. You honestly can’t understand the difference it really makes to families 💙

letsallsingtogether

Nan
I have donated already but due to this story I will donate again made my voice break as I read it out to my wife.

pipkin73

The silence from Doug is deafening, he wants us to Support a new era and we are.
Come on Doug, support the local community that's supporting the club.

The old owner is still contributing (despite all the stick she got) to this fund as it is such a good cause, people who don't earn a lot are contributing.

Come on Doug, help the fund out 🙏

If you won't pay into the fund, can you at least let MMJ purchase season tickets at Family Zone prices?

These are season tickets that would have not been sold as the recipients are people who can't pay for them (life is not always kind), but the fund (supporters and the ex-owner have joined together to pay for them).

Please Doug, join our journey as we continue to support the clubs journey.

PUSB and bless MMJ, he does a lot of stuff not on here via his own pocket, the guy is a saint.

rob9872

The silence from Doug is deafening, he wants us to Support a new era and we are.
Come on Doug, support the local community that's supporting the club.

The old owner is still contributing (despite all the stick she got) to this fund as it is such a good cause, people who don't earn a lot are contributing.

Come on Doug, help the fund out 🙏

If you won't pay into the fund, can you at least let MMJ purchase season tickets at Family Zone prices?

These are season tickets that would have not been sold as the recipients are people who can't pay for them (life is not always kind), but the fund (supporters and the ex-owner have joined together to pay for them).

Please Doug, join our journey as we continue to support the clubs journey.

PUSB and bless MMJ, he does a lot of stuff not on here via his own pocket, the guy is a saint.
There was an anonymous £2k I'm not saying it was him, but some like to donate without publicity which imo is even better. I hope it is him, but if not then I echo what you say.

rob9872

I just donated £10 to the fund, still trying to find the money for me and my 2 boys season tickets but happy to donate to the fund in the meantime to help other people out 👍
I nominate sky blue 1987, he's even added a discount :)

Users who are viewing this thread