ST sales (3 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

They haven't extended the early bird twice, the first deadline was for seats.

You can't claim opinion for everything.
But why extend every year just make it a week longer to begin with, that would stop all this bickering.
It does look like desperation.

Nick

Administrator
But why extend every year just make it a week longer to begin with, that would stop all this bickering.
It does look like desperation.
What bickering? It's pointing out it's extended every year, people have pointed out all along it will be extended.

Sorry if pointing it out doesn't fit the narrative and happiness. There are people on Dave's link thinking it's extended for a takeover.

It's embarrassing. It's almost like the "guilty email" crap because they get sent newsletters.

Are people really that blinded before they go off on rants and think things?

theferret

I note this season in Division 1 17 teams had average home attendances over 5000 in Division 2 17 had less, don't think there away following will be that good .Only"my opinion"

Your opinion is fine, and I have not challenged your right to one, so not sure why you are labouring that point.

My point is that revenues might not be impacted all that much by reduced sales of say 1000 given that potentially more people will buy game by game paying £22 rather than £13. But that depends on how the season pans out of course.

Away followings at the Ricoh may not reduce either. Many clubs will have never visited and it will be a standout fixture for many, regardless of what they get at home. We'll see.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I have said before we have been told on Friday before games that the sales are " x" only to find after the game the attendance was "x-" are these figures true only time will tell.

theferret

I have said before we have been told on Friday before games that the sales are " x" only to find after the game the attendance was "x-" are these figures true only time will tell.

You're welcome to count the dots on the ticket map if you really want to know! It looks about right at a quick glance to be fair, certainly seems quite a few shifted today, which is understandable as it is payday for many.

Nick

Administrator
Your opinion is fine, and I have not challenged your right to one, so not sure why you are labouring that point.

My point is that revenues might not be impacted all that much by reduced sales of say 1000 given that potentially more people will buy game by game paying £22 rather than £13. But that depends on how the season pans out of course.

Away followings at the Ricoh may not reduce either. Many clubs will have never visited and it will be a standout fixture for many, regardless of what they get at home. We'll see.
Agree, teams will have it as their big day out where they can get as big an allocation as they can fill.

steveo1987

There isn't a booking fee in early bird is there?

I had so much trouble trying to renew online with assigning my lads name to his seat that I gave up and did it on the phone today.Thats where the £4 administration cost came in.I don't know what sort of employees work for ticket master but I had to hang up first time as I simply couldn't understand what the guy was saying.The three different people I spoke to all sounded french weirdly.Anyhow all done and dusted now for another season.

Nick

Administrator
I had so much trouble trying to renew online with assigning my lads name to his seat that I gave up and did it on the phone today.Thats where the £4 administration cost came in.I don't know what sort of employees work for ticket master but I had to hang up first time as I simply couldn't understand what the guy was saying.The three different people I spoke to all sounded french weirdly.Anyhow all done and dusted now for another season.
Really? Did it just not let you pick his seat?

Great_Expectations

I renewed a few weeks ago and I'm (genuinely) looking forward to next season.

I appreciate that feeling may have completely disappeared by September (as is the case most seasons), but based on Robins ability and his actions transfer/contrast wise, we have more reasons than usual to be hopeful.

Also, as a ST holder I can't wait for my extra six tickets again when we get to Wembley next April.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Do hope your right but attendances in Div 2 in general are only 60% of Div 1 .As for Fridays I sure it happened once or twice last year sorry can't be bother to check.

clint van damme

All my on line booking troubles have stemmed from tickets for my son. Found out he was somehow registered twice with the club which was causing the problems.

Nick

Administrator
Just seen some more "fan" comments, jesus Christ.

It's like fans are celebrating an extension and gloating about it because they somehow think "they have won". It's done every year FFS by lots of clubs.

giphy.gif

Grendel

Really? Did it just not let you pick his seat?

It doesn't on certain search engine software. It does on Explorer

Astute

Just seen some more "fan" comments, jesus Christ.

It's like fans are celebrating an extension and gloating about it because they somehow think "they have won". It's done every year FFS by lots of clubs.

giphy.gif
That's nothing. We have a few that will be frothing at the mouth if our STH's don't buy the full allocation for our away games.

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
STOP THE PRESS !!!!!!!!!!!
The early bird season ticket deadline has been extended.
How utterly laughable.
SISU ARE SCARED, VERY SCARED.
NOPM is working and only the few idiots who are still spending on season tickets and merchandise are stopping them from giving up and selling.

It's almost as if people don't actually know it's a standard thing or they just completely bypass facts to give themselves back pats for something in their head.

ajsccfc

It's like those furniture stores where SALE ENDING SOON ads are replaced the next day by SALE NOW ON. We all know a sales tactic when we see it, but it still tends to be effective.

Nick

Administrator
It's like those furniture stores where SALE ENDING SOON ads are replaced the next day by SALE NOW ON. We all know a sales tactic when we see it, but it still tends to be effective.

Exactly.

Next time I watch the shopping channel and they say "great news, we are extending this deal" I am going to phone them up and shout about them being desperate and that my boycott of their steam mops is working.

Adge

Exactly.

Next time I watch the shopping channel and they say "great news, we are extending this deal" I am going to phone them up and shout about them being desperate and that my boycott of their steam mops is working.
Not one steam mop more!

Nick

Administrator
Not one steam mop more!

Damn right.

Same goes for those vegetable slicers that make things into spiral shapes and abs machines.

THEY ARE DESPERATE, MY BOYCOTT IS WORKING!*

*Or it's just a general sales tactic to try and give people a kick to buy which always happens.

Ranjit Bhurpa

The biggest impact on revenues is likely not to be related to the mix of ST's versus paying on the day but more on success on the pitch. Our level of support has always been fickle, even when we were in Division 1/Premier League. Give us a consistently successful team and the crowds will be there, whatever the League.

Not sure about your point regarding away followings at the Ricoh. Didn't we say the same when we dropped into League 1, yet some away followings over the last couple of seasons were pitiful. Probably just less of the four figure away followings in League 2.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

CET and social media.
I've stopped reading the CET fan comments, it's either WUMs or complete morons who haven't got a brain cell to have a valid opinion to what's happening.

Tried to debate once, just got called a SISU sheep, and told I don't know anything, all followed by "top point" when nobody actually made a point.

I mean I'm up for opinions being different and healthy debate, but at least read about the situation, and have reasoning behind what you say. I don't agree with a few people on here, but at least they've read enough to explain their logic

Nick

Administrator
I've stopped reading the CET fan comments, it's either WUMs or complete morons who haven't got a brain cell to have a valid opinion to what's happening.

Tried to debate once, just got called a SISU sheep, and told I don't know anything, all followed by "top point" when nobody actually made a point.

I mean I'm up for opinions being different and healthy debate, but at least read about the situation, and have reasoning behind what you say. I don't agree with a few people on here, but at least they've read enough to explain their logic

I'd say it's a bit of both with multiple accounts galore. It's embarrassing that normal readers see that and will think it's the general view of CCFC fans.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'd say it's a bit of both with multiple accounts galore. It's embarrassing that normal readers see that and will think it's the general view of CCFC fans.
I've got a mate who thinks our fans are idiots, he's not a coventry fan, but looks in from the outside. I've explained the stance but he just thinks we're going to kill the club, and we deserve it.

Although he's an Arsenal fan who is Wenger out... so I've been getting my own back about their fans recently

Nick

Administrator
I've got a mate who thinks our fans are idiots, he's not a coventry fan, but looks in from the outside. I've explained the stance but he just thinks we're going to kill the club, and we deserve it.

Although he's an Arsenal fan who is Wenger out... so I've been getting my own back about their fans recently

Sadly these are the target audience for media and fans groups.

Liquid Gold

That's nothing. We have a few that will be frothing at the mouth if our STH's don't buy the full allocation for our away games.
Is that aimed at me for taking the piss? If so you need a humour transplant, all that driving is making you mad.

Users who are viewing this thread