Statement against the Council and ACL (1 Viewer)

TheOldFive

I read this in the comments section of an article on the sky blue trust website and thought it was interesting. What does everybody else think?

"First and foremost the club should be playing in Coventry and I unite with all supporters in wanting this to happen. However, I DO NOT blame SISU (Otium) entirely for this sorry state of affairs. I agree that they are the wrong type of owners to be in charge, and even they admit they made mistakes when they first took over.

Supporters forget that they bailed out the club twice paying £60 million pounds to keep the club in existence. If you were a business person putting that amount of money in to rescue the club would you walk away? I think not. The financial difficulties of the club go back to when Richardson virtually condemned the club to go down. His famous quote before we were relegated from the top division was "The best thing to happen for this club is to go down and rebuild". In my opinion, an appalling comment. Since then before SISU took over, the club was continuing to lose money at the prestige Ricoh Arena because attendances were below the 21000 magic figure at most home games. Many of those same supporters who regularly shout SISU OUT are the same ones that failed to support the club when we were playing less attractive teams contributing to the losses being made at many home games.

On top of this Coventry City Council and ACL continued to milk the club dry by charging extortionate rents at the same rate despite going down two divisions. There was no sympathy from the Council and little support for their own football club. It took the Council a lot of persuasion to allow the Coventry City badge to be displayed on the outer walls of the Ricoh in the first place. On top of that they hired private contractors for catering companies at the Ricoh preventing SISU from getting any profits from food and drink - unlike many other stadiums around the country. One of the reasons why SISU are not returning at the moment is because our beloved Council and ACL are tied into contracts with these catering companies for the foreseeable future. Another example of this Councils viciousness was to price out the Coventry City ladies team having to play at Walsall for their final game. The Council and ACL were going to charge them £5000 for a match day fee. They couldn't afford that sort of money , and the Council and ACL knew it. Another example of financial profit before support for our local sides playing in our own stadium.

Most away games I have been to I hear "we want SISU out, we want SISU out" that's ok - but what is the alternative? Who is going to take over the club to fulfil the fixtures. I wouldn't rely on Coventry City Council. Many of them shouting this follow on like sheep with their friends and shout it for the sake of it without asking themselves "then what" ? SISU have been under so much stick from supporters that one must ask why they have not abandoned the club. They have not done so because they obviously want to stick by the club learning from their mistakes and develop the club for the future.

Every pundit on TV I have seen has said that the club must own it's own stadium. With Coventry City Councils stubbornness and abdication of their support for the club this clearly is not going to happen at the Ricoh Arena. Therefore SISU Otium have every right to say "stuff the Ricoh and we will build our own stadium" with a realistic capacity to reflect the usual maximum of 18000 supporters that we occasionally got at the Ricoh Arena. It is not the case that SISU want the Ricoh on the cheap. They want to own it at market value - not the ridiculous potentially illegal blocking of a £14 million pound mortgage using council tax payers money. Renting is no good, as we would be back to square one within a few years.

May I suggest that instead of firing on all cylinders at SISU all future protest marches should be directed at Anne Lucas and should take place outside the Council House in Coventry . This should have been done ages ago. There was a protest last Saturday by a small group of only 35 supporters. As for me, I have just bought my season ticket for further "away" matches at Sixfields next season in support of my sky blue team. Its not supporting SISU. It's in protest against Coventry City Council and ACL."

Nick

Administrator
Oh no you didn't.

oh-no-you-didnt-o.gif

Skyblueweeman

It'll prove a controversial article for some.

From my point of view, I agree with some of it. People seem to 'overlook' the fact that whilst we were signing stars in the later Premiership Years, we didn't have enough money to cover the singings/wages. Richardson is as much to blame for our current situation as SISU, CCC and ACL. Despite the fact we loved the likes of the Moroccans coming in, Robbie Keane knocking them in, Dion and Hucks running riot etc, had we been more business savvy at the time, SISU would never have needed to come in and 'rescue' us. So I agree with that point.

The points about CCC and ACL milking the club dry...I think that's a bit OTT but could be viewed as correct by some. On the flip side, the article doesn't mention the Due Dilligence carried out by SISU and the fact that if it was actually carried out, it must have been carried out over a few beers in the local Wetherspoons, an hour before kicking out time.

The main point I agree with on here though is the bit about 'SISU Out - but what's the alternatives'. I would love a new Sheik to come in and pour millions into the club without expecting any return, a la Sheik Mansour or Roman Abramovich. The truth is, there's nobody queuing up to buy us. I would love SISU to fork off...however, I think they might be here for a while yet and if a deal can be sorted surrounding the Ricoh, the club will be run in a much more financially stable manner than in Richardsons eras.

Just my opinion anyway....

WM

jimmyhillsfanclub

£60 million ?

really

OSB always states is closer to £40M of their own cash doesn't he? Apologies if that's wrong OSB.

....Anyway....this thread will rapidly deteriorate into the same tired old shite that every other thread does.....

..so with that in mind, I'll just cut to the chase & clarify the situation for everyone:

SISU = Cu*ts.
ACL = Cu*ts.
CCC= Cu*ts.
FL = Cu*ts.

ccfcway

Its gotta be RFC .

think your right, this is one of his normal lines, which is word for word what he quotes on here

"Every pundit on TV I have seen has said that the club must own it's own stadium"

whilst it might be right, always stuck me as a sort of odd thing to say.

NorthernWisdom

It'll prove a controversial article for some.

From my point of view, I agree with some of it. People seem to 'overlook' the fact that whilst we were signing stars in the later Premiership Years, we didn't have enough money to cover the singings/wages. Richardson is as much to blame for our current situation as SISU, CCC and ACL. Despite the fact we loved the likes of the Moroccans coming in, Robbie Keane knocking them in, Dion and Hucks running riot etc, had we been more business savvy at the time, SISU would never have needed to come in and 'rescue' us. So I agree with that point.

The points about CCC and ACL milking the club dry...I think that's a bit OTT but could be viewed as correct by some. On the flip side, the article doesn't mention the Due Dilligence carried out by SISU and the fact that if it was actually carried out, it must have been carried out over a few beers in the local Wetherspoons, an hour before kicking out time.

The main point I agree with on here though is the bit about 'SISU Out - but what's the alternatives'. I would love a new Sheik to come in and pour millions into the club without expecting any return, a la Sheik Mansour or Roman Abramovich. The truth is, there's nobody queuing up to buy us. I would love SISU to fork off...however, I think they might be here for a while yet and if a deal can be sorted surrounding the Ricoh, the club will be run in a much more financially stable manner than in Richardsons eras.

Just my opinion anyway....

WM

The problem with the 'no alternative' is there *are* always alternatives - hell, I'm an alternative if they want... for the right price ;)

But then you have to wade through the mentalists, self-interested egocentrics, shysters and dubious characters to find the best of the alternatives. That doesn't just mean jumping on an 'anyone but' bandwagon, but making sure it's the right mast in front of you when you're there with your sky blue colours and a hammer.

Grendel

misses the point that the club sold food and drink rights so if they want them back you have to buy them

Well we won't so either we get it free or we don't come back.

Skyblueweeman

The problem with the 'no alternative' is there *are* always alternatives - hell, I'm an alternative if they want... for the right price ;)

But then you have to wade through the mentalists, self-interested egocentrics, shysters and dubious characters to find the best of the alternatives. That doesn't just mean jumping on an 'anyone but' bandwagon, but making sure it's the right mast in front of you when you're there with your sky blue colours and a hammer.

Yeah, what you said...that's what I really meant :)

Grendel

your point sums up sisu attitude and is why myself and thousands like me are at the point of giving up alltogeather

It will be the same with any owner. They didn't sell it and they'd expect it as part of a deal. If you seriously think Haskell bung whoever will chuck £6 million someone's way then you are deluded. I suspect most fans would be happy to have it back for free.

Nick

Administrator
It will be the same with any owner. They didn't sell it and they'd expect it as part of a deal. If you seriously think Haskell bung whoever will chuck £6 million someone's way then you are deluded. I suspect most fans would be happy to have it back for free.

I agree, most would be if it went to the club..

torchomatic

Yeah we did. However, I'm more interested in CCFC and want them to get the money not some third party joint venture co.

misses the point that the club sold food and drink rights so if they want them back you have to buy them

J

Jack Griffin

This article is to date 'Pete from Styvechale's' finest work.

Wow, Mr Chambers really kept it together (for him), usually his comments are long winded in accurate rants... at least this one isn't as long as usual. at the end of the day this yet another one sided argument with enough holes to drive a double decker bus through (and there is more than enough of that about).

Grendel

Wow, Mr Chambers really kept it together (for him), usually his comments are long winded in accurate rants... at least this one isn't as long as usual. at the end of the day this yet another one sided argument with enough holes to drive a double decker bus through (and there is more than enough of that about).

Pretty rich Council Jack.

shmmeee

Has more holes than Swiss Cheese that argument. For a start, £5k is the standard cost for private hiring of the Ricoh, I know because I enquired. Hardly devised to spite CCFCL.

When did Sisu bail us out twice? And even by their own admission they've only put in £50m. The Richardson stuff is a red herring, the debt was restructured when Sisu took over. From Dec 2007 on is all them, may as well blame Jimmy Hill's poor chairmanship for Richardson's faults. The buck stops with the current owner and the facts are they've spent £50m to turn a mid Championship side into a lower L1 side with no ground and cut the fanbase by 90% in the process.

Richardson was shit.
McGinnity was shitter.
Sisu are the shittest.

No-one is covered in glory here.

RegTheDonk

I read this in the comments section of an article on the sky blue trust website and thought it was interesting. What does everybody else think?

Well, it is what it is. A comment. Some truth in it no doubt, but its just someone stating their point of view, just like we do on here.

RoboCCFC90

"First and foremost the club should be playing in Coventry and I unite with all supporters in wanting this to happen. However, I DO NOT blame SISU (Otium) entirely for this sorry state of affairs. I agree that they are the wrong type of owners to be in charge, and even they admit they made mistakes when they first took over.

Supporters forget that they bailed out the club twice paying £60 million pounds to keep the club in existence. If you were a business person putting that amount of money in to rescue the club would you walk away? I think not. The financial difficulties of the club go back to when Richardson virtually condemned the club to go down. His famous quote before we were relegated from the top division was "The best thing to happen for this club is to go down and rebuild". In my opinion, an appalling comment. Since then before SISU took over, the club was continuing to lose money at the prestige Ricoh Arena because attendances were below the 21000 magic figure at most home games. Many of those same supporters who regularly shout SISU OUT are the same ones that failed to support the club when we were playing less attractive teams contributing to the losses being made at many home games.

On top of this Coventry City Council and ACL continued to milk the club dry by charging extortionate rents at the same rate despite going down two divisions. There was no sympathy from the Council and little support for their own football club. It took the Council a lot of persuasion to allow the Coventry City badge to be displayed on the outer walls of the Ricoh in the first place. On top of that they hired private contractors for catering companies at the Ricoh preventing SISU from getting any profits from food and drink - unlike many other stadiums around the country. One of the reasons why SISU are not returning at the moment is because our beloved Council and ACL are tied into contracts with these catering companies for the foreseeable future. Another example of this Councils viciousness was to price out the Coventry City ladies team having to play at Walsall for their final game. The Council and ACL were going to charge them £5000 for a match day fee. They couldn't afford that sort of money , and the Council and ACL knew it. Another example of financial profit before support for our local sides playing in our own stadium.

Most away games I have been to I hear "we want SISU out, we want SISU out" that's ok - but what is the alternative? Who is going to take over the club to fulfil the fixtures. I wouldn't rely on Coventry City Council. Many of them shouting this follow on like sheep with their friends and shout it for the sake of it without asking themselves "then what" ? SISU have been under so much stick from supporters that one must ask why they have not abandoned the club. They have not done so because they obviously want to stick by the club learning from their mistakes and develop the club for the future.

Every pundit on TV I have seen has said that the club must own it's own stadium. With Coventry City Councils stubbornness and abdication of their support for the club this clearly is not going to happen at the Ricoh Arena. Therefore SISU Otium have every right to say "stuff the Ricoh and we will build our own stadium" with a realistic capacity to reflect the usual maximum of 18000 supporters that we occasionally got at the Ricoh Arena. It is not the case that SISU want the Ricoh on the cheap. They want to own it at market value - not the ridiculous potentially illegal blocking of a £14 million pound mortgage using council tax payers money. Renting is no good, as we would be back to square one within a few years.

May I suggest that instead of firing on all cylinders at SISU all future protest marches should be directed at Anne Lucas and should take place outside the Council House in Coventry . This should have been done ages ago. There was a protest last Saturday by a small group of only 35 supporters. As for me, I have just bought my season ticket for further "away" matches at Sixfields next season in support of my sky blue team. Its not supporting SISU. It's in protest against Coventry City Council and ACL."

I completely agree 100%.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wince

Sorry but only sisu took us out of coventry and only sisu can bring us back, it really is that simple ,the whys and wherefors can be argued all day long but it can not change that fact

RoboCCFC90

You're making It seem you could be the Author Robbo??

Not me Wingy I have been spending most of my time this afternoon nursing a very sore right knee.. I haven't had time to post something like that..

RoboCCFC90

duffer

With my toes usually as a matter of fact, it's difficult with just the left one..

Ah, you're still better than me. I use a toilet plunger stuck to my forehead to pound out my witterings.

It took me three hours to write this, and the bog's still blocked in the meantime. :)

shy_tall_knight

Is there anything worse than a hedge-fund, the bastion of dynamic commercial management bleating on about how much money they have lost on a commercial venture they went into with their eyes wide open, no gun was pointing at their head.

Whether its £50m or £40m the commercial world does care about the inputs its all about the outputs the results and wow is this one big disaster by them. When they had the Canadian flying in to suggest texting for subs or Ken Diddlydoo staying at Coombe Abbey or paying off Ransom his stake in the venture, they have mismanaged the whole thing and naive Cov fans are on here feeling sorry for them that they should be given a free asset like the Ricoh so they can claw back their lost investment.

Having your own stadium with full access to revenue streams is an ideal not a right and CCFC sold off both. But apparently if you want them you can just have them because that's the way to have a successful club.

mrtrench

Its gotta be RFC .

Very unlikely. All of the spelling is correct, it is not ungrammatical and the points are sequential and logical building up to a conclusion. Unless his Mum wrote it for him it's someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread