Statement by Councillor Ann Lucas (3 Viewers)

Tonylinc

It seems to me that this statement is shouting" COME AND TALK AND WE WILL SELL THE RICOH TO YOU". Hope I'm wrong but that is how it comes across. For the love of god I can't think why JS has so far not got in touch!

RoboCCFC90

Really sick of this situation, like many have doubted for sometime this is no longer about our club or the fans of it, it's personal, immature based childish attacks from both sides, if they ever sit at a table to discuss the issue of the Arena they're going to need a babysitter not a mediator!

I don't care how they get it done, just get this situation resolved!

(One other thing I saw except for the continuous personal sniping on behalf of both parties is that there is a deal to be had, Joy the ball is yours)

sky blue john

Lucas she shoots she scores !!!!
Looks like she has outed Seppela for the mug she really is.
Maybe Joy will have to write that letter now of invitation of talks or how about just contact Ann's office and make an appointment ?
Well am i not right in the business world if you want a discussion with someone or organization you phone up and make an appointment ? or even email ?
If you want to create delays you write a letter and send it via the post office, obviously making a statement to the press first !!!

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Lucas she shoots she scores !!!!
Looks like she has outed Seppela for the mug she really is.
Maybe Joy will have to write that letter now of invitation of talks or how about just contact Ann's office and make an appointment ?
Well am i not right in the business world if you want a discussion with someone or organization you phone up and make an appointment ? or even email ?
If you want to create delays you write a letter and send it via the post office !!!

No offence John but I think me and many others are past the point where these two parties are 'scoring'.

For everyone and most importantly the fans there needs to be some resolution and we need to bring our club home.

sky blue john

No offence John but I think me and many others are past the point where these two parties are 'scoring'.

For everyone and most importantly the fans there needs to be some resolution and we need to
bring our club home.

Like all of us i want answers from the secret mayfair hedgefund why they have stolen my club and dumped a load of debt into it !!!
What do they hope to achieve ?

covmark

Like all of us i want answers from the secret mayfair hedgefund why they have stolen my club and dumped a load of debt into it !!!
I just want the club home, not too much to ask is it?
Don't give a shit who's to blame anymore

RoboCCFC90

Don't disagree with that and would love the answers myself, but most imprtantly I just want the club home..

lewys33

I do love how they both talk about not getting involved in this "tit for tat" game ........ yet both continue to do so!

I must say I think the Ann Lucas statement has more substance than the CCFC statement though. For example ......

And we’d still like to know the real reason why Cllr Lucas authorised ACL’s rejection of the CVA which cost “my beloved Sky Blues” another 10 points.

Seven. The statement by Coventry City Football Club states "there is never any legal bar on the truth". Again, I agree with Coventry City Football Club on that point so I ask why their statement claims:
"..and we'd still like to know the real reason why Councillor Lucas authorised ACL's rejection of the CVA which cost "my beloved Sky Blues" another ten points."
That statement suggests that I authorised ACL's rejection of the CVA. That is untrue. The decision to reject the CVA was made by the Board of ACL. Neither I nor any other councillor serves on that board. To claim, as Coventry City Football Club did, that I authorised the refusal of the CVA credits me with an authority and a power that I did not and do not possess.

All I can think is "Aww, bless! They have let Tim use the crayons again!"

singers_pore

Anne should inform JS that she is coming down to SISU's offices next week to have talks and then invite the press to see her arrive. We will then know the truth as to who is refusing to have that meeting.

SkyblueBazza

Anne should inform JS that she is coming down to SISU's offices next week to have talks and then invite the press to see her arrive. We will then know the truth as to who is refusing to have that meeting.

If CCC were desperate to off-load the Ricoh that would be sensible apart from it would encourage a knock-down offer from SISU.
Alternately if SISU are desperate to buy it - shouldn't they be doing the chasing?

Maupet

Intermediary

So joy and ann both say they want to meet but neither will make the first move. I call on kevin reid or stuart linnell or anybody to arrange it for them. Then we ll see who is lying

lewys33

So joy and ann both say they want to meet but neither will make the first move. I call on kevin reid or stuart linnell or anybody to arrange it for them. Then we ll see who is lying

Reckon if I send them both a letter stating a date and time to meet at my house they would both turn up?

The Prefect

Seppala is playing games. The same tactics she uses to buy distressed businesses.

Firstly, Ann Lucas shouldn't go to meet Seppala. The council and ACL don't need to sell the Ricoh - SISU have asked to buy. Therefore Seppala goes to Lucas - in Coventry at the Council House after the council receive proof of funds for at least 80% of their asking price. Never meet on mutual territory.

There are a lot of games played in corporate 'deals'. I've worked on acquisitions and seen sellers make all sorts of mistakes buy allowing buyers to hold meetings where the seller in not in familiar surroundings. They get outnumbered and brow-beaten into deals. The council should be too cute to go along with this.

Watching this unfold I'm amazed at Seppala's tactics. Lucas invited here to talk previously so why would the club release the statement they did yesterday? It serves no purpose other than to make the fans nervous / hopeful (take your pick). I'm doubtful there is any serious intent from Seppala. My guess is that talks will happen close to Christmas (last minute of the suggested timescale) and Seppala will string the council out for months 'talking' in order to give the fans more hope when realistically there is none. That way she can push the Sixfields deal closer to the five years they agreed.

Seppala doen't seem to realise that she's in the sports business. She's playing games.

sky blue john

Seppala is playing games. The same tactics she uses to buy distressed businesses.

Firstly, Ann Lucas shouldn't go to meet Seppala. The council and ACL don't need to sell the Ricoh - SISU have asked to buy. Therefore Seppala goes to Lucas - in Coventry at the Council House after the council receive proof of funds for at least 80% of their asking price. Never meet on mutual territory.

There are a lot of games played in corporate 'deals'. I've worked on acquisitions and seen sellers make all sorts of mistakes buy allowing buyers to hold meetings where the seller in not in familiar surroundings. They get outnumbered and brow-beaten into deals. The council should be too cute to go along with this.

Watching this unfold I'm amazed at Seppala's tactics. Lucas invited here to talk previously so why would the club release the statement they did yesterday? It serves no purpose other than to make the fans nervous / hopeful (take your pick). I'm doubtful there is any serious intent from Seppala. My guess is that talks will happen close to Christmas (last minute of the suggested timescale) and Seppala will string the council out for months 'talking' in order to give the fans more hope when realistically there is none. That way she can push the Sixfields deal closer to the five years they agreed.

Seppala doen't seem to realise that she's in the sports business. She's playing games.

This sounds plausible and i am inclined to agree.
What i don't understand is the losses Sisu are prepared to incur by Nopm. They are still trying to distress Acl and value of the Ricoh ?

James Smith

the Council simply can not help themselves can they!!

" absolutely right that we should try to avoid 'tit for tat' press releases "

THE STUPID COUNCIL TRASH THEN GOES ONTO MAKE 7 TIT FOR TAT POINTS IN PROLONGED PARAGRAPHS BEFORE FINALLY SUMMISING!!!

PATHETIC THE COUNCIL ARE - THEY REALLY ARE. ALL THEY NEEDED TO DO WAS WAS RELEASE EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:

THE COUNCIL ARE HAPPY TO MEET WITH THE CLUB TO DISCUSS THE SALE OF THE RICOH ARENA

OR

THE COUNCIL IS REFUSING TO MEET WITH THE CLUB TO DISCUSS THE SALE OF THE RICOH
THE CLUB WANT TO BUY - SELL UP COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL BEFORE THE FANS OF THIS CLUB TAKE MORE DIRECT ACTION - MAYBE NOT PAYING THEIR COUNCIL TAX UNTIL YOU REFUND THE £14,000,000 YOU STOLE FROM YOUR TAX PAYERS WITHOUT ANY PUBLIC CONSULTATION[/COLOR]

So why haven't they made a sensible offer that the council could accept? And maybe you can explain why they need the freehold and not the revenues from ACL?

shmmeee

This sounds plausible and i am inclined to agree.
What i don't understand is the losses Sisu are prepared to incur by Nopm. They are still trying to distress Acl and value of the Ricoh ?

They need NOPM, otherwise so many fans wouldn't be desperate for a return. Political pressure is vital in the game they're playing.

Same reason there's no stadium plans, can't make it too real or people might support than instead of Plan A, I mean B.

I'd imagine that 3-5 years is how long they're willing to try this.

dongonzalos

A deadline

Superb Joy put your best bid in or agree a long term rent deal before Jan 31st.

Finally this rubbish will be over one way or the other

Didn't quite work out as I expected Dave :(

But a lot of people did see it as a deadline. Yet SISU never bid.

Didn't get Poundland G man :(

Grendel

Didn't quite work out as I expected Dave :(

But a lot of people did see it as a deadline. Yet SISU never bid.

Didn't get Poundland G man :(

Were the club offered the deal wasps were - yes or no?

letsallsingtogether

sisu weren't speaking to anyone bar some landowner in Beduff, didn't need 2 grounds.

So were Wasps offered the final deal or did they negotiate it?

That is what Sisu should have done Negotiate, not bully and then cry wolf when they are bitten yet gain..............

Kingokings204

Did sisu illegally stop paying rent to distress and piss off the council and ACL? Yes or no?

J

Jack Griffin

Have SISU purchased land to build a new ground on? Yes or No?

Astute

Should Joy have spoken to someone who could have negotiated a deal?

Should Tim have shut his gob about the new ground?

Should SISU have done something to get us behind them?

Yes or No?

olderskyblue

Did SISU ask for the deal Wasps got?

dongonzalos

If they bid then I was be stunned if they didn't get offered the same deal as Wasps.

If they ignored the deadline and said we are not interested we are building a new stadium. I would be equally stunned if the council rang up someone who is not interested telling them about a confidential deal they are the verge of agreeing with someone who is interested

chiefdave

Did SISU ask for the deal Wasps got?

To me that is a lesser question. SISU are a hedge fund, they don't have any responsibility to this city or its citizens. CCC on the other hand do and therefore should have, at the very least, given SISU the opportunity to match the Wasps deal.

dongonzalos

To me that is a lesser question. SISU are a hedge fund, they don't have any responsibility to this city or its citizens. CCC on the other hand do and therefore should have, at the very least, given SISU the opportunity to match the Wasps deal.

They have a responsibility to 310,000 people not just us 10k that go up the Ricoh.

The majority on here saw it as a clear statement saying come on Joy. Come and meet me and put in a bid or I am going elsewhere after January.

January came and went

Unfortunately Wasps came and stayed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Surely SISU are responsible for the state of the football club though so should have asked for it in the interests of the football club.

CCC were wrong for selling to the Wasps and seeming refusing to deal with SISU for years, there constant shoving of wasps down our throats is sickening, but SISU just seemed to sit back and let it happen with the attitude, we don't care we're building a new stadium. Whether this is what they were actually thinking, or was just for show who knows?

I'm really bemused as to there plan now, there not seriously going to build a stadium in Nuneaton are they? Maybe they are just happy to cut the budget until we're breaking even in this league playing at the Ricoh, just keep us plodding on as a L1 club which funds it self and then cash in on any academy players every few years? Are they hoping to try and recoup some cash through there legal action by the form of compo before leaving?

chiefdave

Surely SISU are responsible for the state of the football club though so should have asked for it in the interests of the football club.

CCC were wrong for selling to the Wasps and seeming refusing to deal with SISU for years, there constant shoving of wasps down our throats is sickening, but SISU just seemed to sit back and let it happen with the attitude, we don't care we're building a new stadium. Whether this is what they were actually thinking, or was just for show who knows?

SISU are absolutely responsible for he state of the football club I agree. However we know what SISU are and we know that ultimately their motive is to make money out of our club. The motive of the council should be very different.

I think SISU have said and done entirely the wrong thing at every turn. I would have loved Joys statement after the Wasps sale was announced to along the lines of 'this must be blocked, we need ownership of the Ricoh, there is no new stadium' and who knows why she said what she said but that doesn't give CCC & Higgs the green light to do what they have done.

Users who are viewing this thread