'Staying Up' by R.A. Gekoski (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I wish there were some city books available as e-book :(

Joy Division

Its probably 15+ years since I read this, was a great read from what I can remember. Wasn't there some incident between John Salako and Gordon Strachan? I seem to recall Salako not being not being to fond of him.

Shakeitup

Really good book. Interesting for any city fan and for football book the quality of writing is very good. (After all he was a professor from Warwick Uni).

Terry Gibson's perm

just ordered this, cheers

maybe we could start a skybluetalk book club for the closed season, least give us something to talk about over the next 9 weeks

was strange to read in staying up that he has a problem with northern towns beginning with the letter B, I always had a problem with the ones beginning with H :D

Hope you enjoy it no pressure hey;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Agreed...enjoyed reading that one many years ago.
Tony Cascarino's book was quite good-he was very honest.
Tony Adam's book was interesting too, especially when you found out how much beer he drank and could still function as a pro.

The sequel was good as well, I also read Cascarino's book and that was a good one. Reccently read Andrea Pirlo's book and that was an interesting but quite short read, also enjoyed Kevin Kilbane's book as much for the family side of things as it was interesting to see how he dealt with having a daughter born with Down's Syndrome compared to how I dealt with it.

Users who are viewing this thread