Stelling quits Soccer Saturday (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Is this the end of the show then?

SkyBlueMatt

20 years he's been doing it, that's mad! I've wasted plenty of Saturday afternoons watching Soccer Saturday. He is a great presenter and he had built up a great rapport with the reporters, it'll be tough to find a replacement.

Otis

20 years he's been doing it, that's mad! I've wasted plenty of Saturday afternoons watching Soccer Saturday. He is a great presenter and he had built up a great rapport with the reporters, it'll be tough to find a replacement.
He's actually now got me keeping an eye on Hartlepool's progress every Saturday and smiling every time they score or win.

The man is the devil. 👿 Such witchery, bedevilment and sorcery.

He will be sorely missed.

rob9872

Tbh I can't believe the fall out from a presenter quitting a show that is primarily there to advise the watching public of the latest football scores. Yes he does it well and yes it's entertaining, but some of the reactions you'd think it was a minimum of a family death. That said, I guess it likely affects Premier League fans more as they don't kick off at 3pm on Saturday as often, so the rest of us who have done most weeks we've perhaps seen a lot less of him.

As for who takes over - probably Paddy McGuinness or Alex Scott I'd assume .... :)

Sbarcher

Claire Balding would tick most of the woke boxes.

Covkid1968#

oh I know but it’s a tough act to follow
Let’s face it… he’s no Frank Bough is he. When it comes to reporting the final scores I like my presenter to have a certain understanding of the best way of snorting Coke off high class prostitutes breasts. Or is that just me 🤷🏻

Gint11

Let’s face it… he’s no Frank Bough is he. When it comes to reporting the final scores I like my presenter to have a certain understanding of the best way of snorting Coke off high class prostitutes breasts. Or is that just me 🤷🏻

seriously though, the bloke rattles stats off that you shouldn’t know.

“Corby town have gone 1-0 with goal scorer Smith who’s on 3 in 6 games etc”
how does he know stuff like that?
Always wondered what he has in front of him to help

Covkid1968#

He is class…. Knowledgeable funny warm and a king of banter!!!

skyblue1991

Don't have sky sports but have watched Soccer Saturday a few times and occasionally go through the funny clips on YouTube

Big loss to Sky Sports, Soccer Saturday won't be the same again

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Well he's a pretty loyal Hartlepool fan so probably follows lower and non league football a lot more than most. Was weirdly touching when they got relegated in the last moments of the season and the other pundits rallied round him

Nick

Administrator

It will be on a screen on the desk.

Bugsy

CCFCSteve

If that's a requirement there must be a few pundits on there who forged theirs.

The pundits maybe but to front a show like that for 5 hours is totally different. Did you see Baldings nightly Olympic programme ?!

Talking of pundits, Soccer Saturday is a lot worse for the changes sky made over recent months.

Bugsy

If that's a requirement there must be a few pundits on there who forged theirs.

agreed. few pundits I cant stand but must say I like Alan McInally who used to be/ or not sure if he is still on the show personally

Gint11

agreed. few pundits I cant stand but must say I like Alan McInally who used to be/ or not sure if he is still on the show personally

yeah he tends to be at a ground covering a game. He covered ours against Derby I think. Rarely in the studio now

clint van damme

The pundits maybe but to front a show like that for 5 hours is totally different. Did you see Baldings nightly Olympic programme ?!

Talking of pundits, Soccer Saturday is a lot worse for the changes sky made over recent months.

To be honest I rarely watch it. I do like Stelling but he's decided to call it a day so good luck to him.

Gint11

The obvious fit would be Jules because he does the midweek one and he’s good in his own way.

Terry Gibson's perm

He has an ear piece in that they talk to him through although still a skill to listen to the producer and the studio people

Terry Gibson's perm

If it starts to fail it won’t be just because of Stelling going some of the studio people are poor like Morrison.

Skybluefaz

This is beautiful, never let anyone tell you Jeff Stelling isn't real. How else would he deliver all those stats in one day? It's obviously magic.

Gint11

This is beautiful, never let anyone tell you Jeff Stelling isn't real. How else would he deliver all those stats in one day? It's obviously magic.

It is possible to have solid memory and a keen interest in stats of football, in a way that quizzers do with certain subjects or general knowledge. I’ve always known he has assistance though but in what way I wasn’t sure.

Some of the pundits they have on now are pants

Skybluefaz

It is possible to have solid memory and a keen interest in stats of football, in a way that quizzers do with certain subjects or general knowledge. I’ve always known he has assistance though but in what way I wasn’t sure.

Some of the pundits they have on now are pants
I've no doubt he retains plenty of the goalscorers etc in fairness to you.

Users who are viewing this thread