Steven pressleys record (1 Viewer)

Evans1883

I dont want to villify the guy , i am on the he has had nothing to work with bus , but after saturday , thats 4 wins in 25 league matches , how has this gone unnoticed

Nick

Administrator
I think the gap between seasons hides it a bit also. Whereas if it was that record at the start of seasons 20 odd games people would notice more

bringbackrattles

I dont want to villify the guy , i am on the he has had nothing to work with bus , but after saturday , thats 4 wins in 25 league matches , how has this gone unnoticed
That's why he won't be offered the Huddersfield job then ? It doesn't look good though, but as you say the cards he's had dealt to him have been rubbish.

Evans1883

That's why he won't be offered the Huddersfield job then ? It doesn't look good though, but as you say the cards he's had dealt to him have been rubbish.
some managers in this league do fantastic jobs with very little , he bought in alot of loan players that were frankly , pants , its just a very poor run we are on , i hadnt noticed it ,like nick said , its the close season that does that , robins walked rrom huddersfield after 2 wins in 22

Chipfat

He record is bad, but i think most understand that he is running a squad controlled by Sisu who have and are running this club into the ground.. Merlin would struggle to make a good fist of competing at this level with what he has....Is he great, i don't think so, is he going to last, i don't think so but has he got an excuse for not being able to compete,, a massive yes....

Evans1883

He record is bad, but i think most understand that he is running a squad controlled by Sisu who have and are running this club into the ground.. Merlin would struggle to make a good fist of competing at this level with what he has....Is he great, i don't think so, is he going to last, i don't think so but has he got an excuse for not being able to compete,, a massive yes....
i look at the loan players bought in , many teams use the loan system in this league , like i said there will have to be a point we look at pressley , beyond the issues at the club

RFC

Good reasons why, got to look at the bigger longer term picture and sometimes you need to stick with it and have belief.

Our season turned because the formation employed lost 2 key players @ the same time (Callum through injury 4 months & Clarke who manipulated a move).

Let's wait and see what transpires with a different system a new skipper and the new players who may take time to bed-in (with more still to come, hopefully) before we make rash judgements.

We badly need a longer term more stable plan than revolving door culture previously adopted by successive chairman & owners. PUSB!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Good reasons why, got to look at the bigger longer term picture and sometimes you need to stick with it and have belief.

Our season turned because the formation employed lost 2 key players @ the same time (Callum through injury 4 months & Clarke who manipulated a move).

Let's wait and see what transpires with a different system a new skipper and the new players who may take time to bed-in (with more still to come, hopefully) before we make rash judgements.

We badly need a longer term more stable plan than revolving door culture previously adopted by successive chairman & owners. PUSB!

Youre right keep the same manager and get a new team every season:claping hands::facepalm:

Evans1883

definately willing to see pressley here for this season , but if we finish 16th for example , are we still going to forgive him because wilson was sold

skybluebeduff

With SP in charge, our future isn't looking like the picture he tries to paint. But does it matter? We'll never have the squad capable of beating this league due to ... (insert blame here)

sky blue john

To be honest i'm not expecting much from the team that's been assembled. Definitely the worst ccfc team squad in my lifetime.
Sisu are obviously not interested in us getting promotion. The way I see it panning out we will be in the bottom eight at xmas. Then we will get two or three loans in to make sure we don't get relegated.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm waiting for hm to leave just so that I can say: "ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!" :D

Kingokings204

I want to blame SP as his record in the last 20 odd games is abysmal. We just keep losing.

I really want to blame him but if I had someone moaning there arse off to me about how I was doing a shit job when I had no help whatsoever and just cutback after cutback with no investment and financial support I would probably go for them.

Grendel

I want to blame SP as his record in the last 20 odd games is abysmal. We just keep losing.

I really want to blame him but if I had someone moaning there arse off to me about how I was doing a shit job when I had no help whatsoever and just cutback after cutback with no investment and financial support I would probably go for them.

I can gaurentee if we go back to the Ricoh Pressley will struggle to survive beyond Christmas if we are not in the top 6

Chez78

definately willing to see pressley here for this season , but if we finish 16th for example , are we still going to forgive him because wilson was sold

I would consider 16th a poor season but still not a sacking, I don't rate the attacking signings so far but happy with Pugh and Johnson. The problem I have is I'm not convinced he's signing players he genuinely wants more a case he's having to make do.

Biggest worry this year is we have no real danger going forward so our already nervous and fragile back line will come under even more pressure, and if someone can actually tell me how Webster keeps his place it would be appreciated.

Kingokings204

I can gaurentee if we go back to the Ricoh Pressley will struggle to survive beyond Christmas if we are not in the top 6

It changes then though Grendel as SP should be getting some more money from increased sales etc as we know as its a major advantage to play at you own ground with 10k plus fans so yes he should be more scrutinised at the Ricoh if we ever get back.

For example this same record he is currently on at if this happened at the ricoh then he would be gone by now.

Hobo

I think fans are well aware of the second half of season form or lack of it. Some of us were not getting carried away with that promotion malarkey in November like the eternal optimists were, not with the lack of depth to our squad. The lost Clarke and followed by injury to Wilson

Now has lost Wilson.

I don't know if Pressley has the skill set we require? But he is someone we can afford. We need stability, a 4-5 year plan.
He knows Coventry when it had a prouder history, I genuinely believe he has a point to prove coming back here and a desire to succeed.

He believes in developing youth, something we need to do, he seems to have the right vision re tactics etc., whether he has the players that can deliver what he preaches who knows?

I believe he is a genuine guy. I believe he is trying to change the culture within the club. Under 21/18 train with first team. Trying to cultivate a winning mindset. We have a lot of new faces. Every player has to buy into the system. So do the fans. There is life beyond 4 4 2 and life beyond SISU. I am happy with what Pressley is trying to achieve and I will stick by him for now, he has come here prepared to work with practically nothing and he has worn the Sky Blue shirt and he wore it with pride, rash at times but he was young. He deserved longer last time, let's give it him this time.

samccov1987

The fact he kept us up last season having experienced a 10 point deduction and move to sixfields for me gives him this season at least. I'm not sure he's a great manager and other managers in our league have to work on similar budgets but I can't overlook how de motivating it must be playing at sixfields and harmful to recruitment.
If he had a full season at the ricoh and finished outside the top 6 it would be time to say goodbye but until then just staying in this league is success.

kg82

SACK HIM... I love looking for new managers all the time! I also love us selling all our players, playing 35 miles from Coventry and our ownership/financial situation. I mean sod it, we may as well carry on with this perpetual spiral of crapness and knee jerk reactions

mark82

Ffs give the guy a break hes got the tosspots that are sisu as bosses .

So did Andy Thorn. There is only so much you can blame them. Despite popular opinion we still have a decent budget for this league. More than what Yeovil were promoted with 2 years ago and more than many teams who finished above us last year.

mark82

We shouldn't have some knee jerk reaction over 1 game though. New season, clean slate. Lets at least give it a few weeks. Disappointing the obvious failings from last year seemingly haven't been fixed though.

Would I lose any sleep if Huddersfield poach him? No, probably wouldn't be as upset as when Robins left. Pressley is replaceable. But for a good 2 to 3 months last year he would have been gone by now.

kg82

So did Andy Thorn. There is only so much you can blame them. Despite popular opinion we still have a decent budget for this league. More than what Yeovil were promoted with 2 years ago and more than many teams who finished above us last year.

Do we know our budget compared to other teams for certain? Sheff Utd have got a bigger budget than us I would've thought and they've been in the league a year longer. Also, the crap that's gone around this club, 4 or 5 different managers (temp and perm) since being in this league do nothing for it. I honestly don't know what people expect, it's not as if we've had a decent finishing spot in god knows however many years yet for some reason, with the club at it's lowest ebb that a lot of fans can remember, some fans are expecting us to turn these decades of under achievement and suddenly do well.

That wasn't a dig at you by the way mate.

Noggin

There is no way we still have a decent budget for this league, First year we had a budget aimed at promotion, second year we devastated the squad, 3rd year we cut the already devastated budget by another 60%. So we presumably have at best 20% of the budget we had for our first year in league one.

There is no way we still have a decent budget for this league, First year we had a budget aimed at promotion, second year we devastated the squad, 3rd year we cut the already devastated budget by another 60%. So we presumably have at best 20% of the budget we had for our first year in league one.

Spot on Noggin

Players are leaving CCFC in their numbers to obtain salaries of between 3 and 5 times greater at other clubs (primarily Championship)

No brainer innit ??

mark82

The budget is undoubtedly a lot lower than when we first came down. That said, it's probably about average for league 1.

A club like CCFC should obviously have a budget in the higher end of this league and the one above so am by no means defending anyone. It's just not as low as people like to make out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd guess Sheffield Utd, Bristol, Preston, MK Dons, Peterborough, Leyton Orient, Doncaster and Barnsley all have bigger budgets than us.

Bradford, Swindon, Notts County, Port Vale, Scunthorpe have similar budgets I reckon. I'm not sure how Yeovil's budget this year compares to their promotion year but I imagine it will have increased and Fleetwood supposedly have a lot of cash behind them don't they.

I reckon I could say Walsall, Crewe, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Crawley, Colchester, Oldham all likely have lower budgets than us. So at a guess our budget is between 9th-16th in the division.

I think the budget now is cut by 60% of the budget we had in the first year of L1, not cut by 60% from last year. I think I remember reading our budget in the first year was 4 million, your calculation would make the current budget less than 1 million. I reckon it is around 1.5-1.7.

The majority of this is all guesswork without any facts about the budgets of the rest of the division

Users who are viewing this thread