Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (4 Viewers)

baldy

If Stoke had scored, there'd be a lot on here throwing shit at him. Everyone complained we hadn't got clean sheets recently with Collins in goal. Now Wilson gets one, he isn't entitled to praise ?

He did have defenders in front of him believe it or not

ProfessorbyGrace

Great win, that’ll do nicely. 👏⚽️

Clive was making Stoke sound threatening and dangerous with his sudden bursts of energetic urgency, though. 🤣

Just so I’m kept abreast of what’s occurring, who is this Carlton bloke on CWR? WHERE IS MARTIN WINCH?!?!

baldy

Great win, that’ll do nicely. 👏⚽️

Clive was making Stoke sound threatening and dangerous with his sudden bursts of energetic urgency, though. 🤣

Just so I’m kept abreast of what’s occurring, who is this Carlton bloke on CWR? WHERE IS MARTIN WINCH?!?!

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Terry_dactyl

Honestly you’d think we were absolutely battered for 90 minutes. They had one shot on target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. We had 3 good goal scoring opportunities and rarely looked threatened.
Stoke must be shocking if that performance gets that analysis. We weren’t great but we didn’t have to be - it feels good saying that.

slowpoke

Wilson is a sub standard keeper - it’s nonsense to suggest otherwise
He did okay today took a number of crosses what more do you want ?
You were on his case last season and he rammed your criticism down your throat, are you looking for some sort of revenge ?

Happy_Martian

He did have defenders in front of him believe it or not

And so has Collins. But he doesn't get the shit Wilson does. Even if he doesn't catch and just punch balls away (comments others have raised on here)
What's it about then? Goalscoring?

Some people on here love to target players regardless of how they play. Godden, Wilson, JDS, Simms. Never do anything right for forumites.

Grendel

He did okay today took a number of crosses what more do you want ?
You were on his case last season and he rammed your criticism down your throat, are you looking for some sort of revenge ?

I don’t see him as a good enough keeper Rupert - calm down

baldy

And so has Collins. But he doesn't get the shit Wilson does. Even if he doesn't catch and just punch balls away (comments others have raised on here)

Some people on here love to target players regardless of how they play. Godden, Wilson, JDS, Simms. Never do anything right for forumites.

And likewise,they're always golden no matter what - he had nothing to do ffs

rob9872

He had 1 shot to save. I wouldn’t want him against Southampton Leeds and Ipswich
He also took 3 good clean catches and cleared the danger each time. Nothing spectacular and I'd have been disappointed if he'd dropped any, but it's the one attribute he has over Collins imo and I wish he'd come out and claim more often.

shmmeee

@shmmeee still worried about Thomas?

In all seriousness he’s our best RCB, I just think he’s raw and blows hot and cold. I think Esoterica’s point about Kitching is fair, and he’ll probably calm down with experience. I just think we could do better and he’s behind Binks and Kitching in terms of quality, especially on the ball.

Sky Blue Pete

In all seriousness he’s our best RCB, I just think he’s raw and blows hot and cold. I think Esoterica’s point about Kitching is fair, and he’ll probably calm down with experience. I just think we could do better and he’s behind Binks and Kitching in terms of quality, especially on the ball.
My mom today

TomRad85

He's far superior to Binks imo and looks a future Prem centre back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

51 pts now, staying up at least!

wingy

Had a light pass early on didn't he but he's solid for me, getting rotated out is not benifitting this team or him particularly.

Evo1883

Really struggled today for large parts , but not every match will be perfect and we ground it out , so for that I'm delighted .. great to see simms score again, he was probably MOTM

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Where about are you. Looking at India for next year
Thiruvananthapuram, capital city of state of Kerela. Been a busy day took a incredibly scenic boat trip from Alleppey to Kottayam and then 3.5 hour train to Thiruvananthapuram.
India isn't easy but super cheap.
Boat was 29p for 37k journey
Dinner 80p
Train was 3 or 4 gbp
Tea 180 p

Kingfisher expensive at 2.40 gbp. Having my second.

Daily spend averages 9 to 10 gbp per day excluding hotels. I took out 80gbp on Monday and still plenty left.

SkyBlueMatt

Great win and I'm glad Simms got the goal. His celebration to the crowd to get them going (more Bidders than MvE ). Good to see.
Nothing to do today but that’s fine

Tjomas mom for me Dasilva good again

Hope torp not injured.
Definitely going to need Torp against Preston. Then give him the day off Vs Maidstone.

Fingers crossed Saka can get over what he has then since we've more or less got a full week before Preston. We should be playing a full strength side (barring injuries).

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

shmmeee

He's far superior to Binks imo and looks a future Prem centre back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Too rash for me and not great when he’s being run at. Reminds me of Hyam. Gives his full back absolute crap to work with too.

Users who are viewing this thread