Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

Or Robins knew they would be ahite in front of goal as they were but wanted a GK that would be in charge of his area and catch every ball that came near him.

Robins is a master tactician. Doesn't always pay off as he can't control what happens on the pitch but he picks sides that many don't agree with yet we still win. Look at the shite he got us promoted from League 2 with.
Collins v Plymouth. He had a habit of not adapting to the players on the pitch. Long punts to the left hoping JDS would win an aerial duel was simply bonkers for example.

Wilson kept a clean sheet so I see him starting against Preston.

I wonder who Robins picks for the cup now?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Calf strain is a couple of weeks

How do you know because Mark Robins doesn't know, yet 😕

But what he did say at the end of the interview, he's giving the players 3 days off to recover, except those players who are injured. 😀

hamertime

I'll say it again, Stoke is one of the worst away game in the football league for me. Can't think of many worse. Must be what away fans experience at the CBS
I’ve quite enjoyed it last 2 seasons, not great for pubs though. I’ve drove both times and been in and out fast and only an hours drive. If you park at the truck stop you can walk up the canal and there is a barge selling beer and food, Stoke fans there been sound too.

hamertime

How do you know because Mark Robins doesn't know, yet 😕

But what he did say at the end of the interview, he's giving the players 3 days off to recover, except those players who are injured. 😀
Haha no he said they are having a break but those injured will be in at ryton, for treatment..

aloisiwouldhavescored

We have no control over the game. If they can get a shot on target, we could lose this.

Keep hold of the ball, in the last 10 minutes have we played more than 5 passes in succession?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Had a part to play in the goal but besides that I think that was Wright’s worst game for us, including his pants performances early in the season. Didn’t think O’Hare was particularly at it today, and Tavares looked completely lost - shock.

Bloody hard work holding on to the win but the best part is Simms won it for us, stick that up your jumper.

Astute

Whatever it is, he definitely know a lot more than us😂 I’m giving up now criticising or guessing anything he does now because he just pulls it off every time! If he ever leaves my world will be a very dark place!
Why do tou think I always say trust Robins 😂😂

He will leave one day. I just hope it isn't for several years yet.

What would piss me off the most would be if we got promotion to the Prem then had a bad start and King decides to go for an experienced Prem manager. I would be happy to keep him to get us back up again.

hamertime

Why do tou think I always say trust Robins 😂😂

He will leave one day. I just hope it isn't for several years yet.

What would piss me off the most would be if we got promotion to the Prem then had a bad start and King decides to go for an experienced Prem manager. I would be happy to keep him to get us back up again.
That would be my worst nightmare too, surely king not that stupid.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

They should go on the piss they deserve it, want to see vids of them drinking pints poured off the tities 😂

Behind The Scenes Drinks GIF by Little Mix

StrettoBoy

It's strange because Robins has gone from having zero budget to spending £20m in 6 months.

Who decided to spend a lot of money on very few players instead of spreading it out a little.

We needed a couple of strikers and even half decent ones don't come cheap. Simms and Wright took up a big chunk of the budget.

I think we have done well in the transfer market and we will get a few more in over the summer.

SkyBlueMatt

Care to comment?

I don't think that's overly negative. We didn't have any control over the game and Stoke ended up having more shots.

Astute

Care to comment?

I don't think that's overly negative. We didn't have any control over the game and Stoke ended up having more shots.

I know most won't agree but our defence did well. They hugged and puffed yet didn't get any clear cut chances.

rob9872

As an aside that Latibeaudiere chant can get in the bin. Learned nothing from the Sheffield Wednesday nonsense
We're in Mallorca so missed 2 aways, what's the chant? I'm guessing it wasn't...

🎵🎵 Whoa, we're almost there
Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-di-ere
Premier League, we'll make it, I swear
Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-di-ere 🎵🎵🤣🤣

HadjiChippo

Stranger things happen. Birmingham got rid of a manager doing well for Rooney....
Was a little different though as that was the ownership change in the summer with the Americans wanting a big name over the guy doing a good job.

I think they’d have sacked Eustace for Rooney even if they were top at the time.

Grendel

I was just thinking that the only thing missing from this win is all of those always having a go at Simms saying how shite he is and making out he has had a run in the side.

Small Business Owner Broken Record GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts

skyblue_55

Well thankfully Stoke are a one dimensional team & had only a few accurate crosses into the box that Rosey ( bless him ) put over the bar .
We were carrying Tavares , who won’t be around after this season ….. loan is expected & a disappointing shift from Wright , who left the pitch celebration early , possibly due to a little embarrassment .
An easier fixture than expected, made to look hard, but were still in that 6th position 👍

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

One other thing Mark Robins said in the after match interview, he wants to get into the quarter- finals.

Probably one of the reasons why he's been resting players.

steveo1987

Battled hard today, thought Stoke were fairly decent, they had two absolute clear headers from corners which was a let off. Simms ran himself into the ground, fair play to him, Wright knew he had a poor game but at least clapped the fans as he went off on his own. 50mins to get away and poured down on the way home, happy with that though.

SBbucks

Might not be a pull or worse
May have just felt it tighten
We’ll see

He pulled up just after he took 2 corners in succession and it appeared that he had pulled something. It looked like he asked to go off, spoke to Robins and then carried on for 5-10 mins up to half time. It was pretty obvious he wouldn’t be coming out for the second half.

Users who are viewing this thread