Match Thread Stoke City (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Changes surely need to be made,Robins said it was a game too far (as well as blaming the pitch) but I think we all agree we need Giles back in the side.Jamie Allen played well ok they sat off him at times but looked good at CDM.Godden has no choice but to start now with Walker out.

1-1 Draw

Wilson
DaCosta Osti fadz hyam Giles
Hamer sheaf Allen
O’Hare
Godden

aloisiwouldhavescored

U23s play Sheff Wed at Alan Higgs tomorrow Monday 21st December, could perhaps give him a run out then, if only for 45 mins?

Magwitch

Changes surely need to be made,Robins said it was a game too far (as well as blaming the pitch) but I think we all agree we need Giles back in the side.Jamie Allen played well ok they sat off him at times but looked good at CDM.Godden has no choice but to start now with Walker out.

1-1 Draw

Wilson
DaCosta Osti fadz hyam Giles
Hamer sheaf Allen
O’Hare
Godden
No Dabo ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

MR could use the Wednesday defeat as a reason to shake things up a bit and I do think we've got players in need of a rest. Main one I think is McCallum but he seems to be a bit of a favourite and against a physical Stoke MR may want to keep him in, although i'd swap him for Giles.

Up front is a quandary if Walker is out and I don't think Godden will be ready for a full game yet and we really don't want to risk him reinjurying himself and both our main strikers are out. Baka was useless yesterday but Biamou wasn't much better. Could we bring in Shipley to play off Biamou? But he's hardly looked up to speed either.

Midfield we're again looking at bare bones, but at least Hamer is back (I hope MR has been told he's available)

Wilson
Dabo Osti Fadz Hyam Giles
Hamer Sheaf Allen
o' Hare
Biamou​

Camp, Pask, McCallum, Dacosta, Shipley, Hilssner, Jobello/KastaBapaga, Baka, Godden

Brighton Sky Blue

MR could use the Wednesday defeat as a reason to shake things up a bit and I do think we've got players in need of a rest. Main one I think is McCallum but he seems to be a bit of a favourite and against a physical Stoke MR may want to keep him in, although i'd swap him for Giles.

Up front is a quandary if Walker is out and I don't think Godden will be ready for a full game yet and we really don't want to risk him reinjurying himself and both our main strikers are out. Baka was useless yesterday but Biamou wasn't much better. Could we bring in Shipley to play off Biamou? But he's hardly looked up to speed either.

Midfield we're again looking at bare bones, but at least Hamer is back (I hope MR has been told he's available)

Wilson
Dabo Osti Fadz Hyam Giles
Hamer Sheaf Allen
o' Hare
Biamou​

Camp, Pask, McCallum, Dacosta, Shipley, Hilssner, Jobello/KastaBapaga, Baka, Godden

We just have too many walking wounded or not walking at all. Shame we haven’t got the magician Daniel Farke

Sky Blue Harry H

Mentioned on another thread that Stoke have a cup Q final v Spurs on 23rd (so we will get a bit more rest than their team). I'd switch McCallum over to the right (he did well there before) and bring Giles to the left (rest Dabo). Agree it's too soon to risk Godden, so whoever is fit from Max or Baka has to start, and we'll have to play off them - maybe Shipley or Bapaga as a loose cannon. Don't know how Stoke tend to line up, but they are all about defence (6 clean sheets in seven? - think their manager needs to have a word with himself, should be trying to attack teams more, instead of being afraid of the other teams and setting up negatively :whistle::whistle::whistle:)

Last edited:

stupot07

For me we need to freshen it up a abit. McCallam, Dabo and O'Hare could all do with a rest.

Wilson

Da Costa
Osti
Mcfadz
Hyam
Giles

Sheaf
Allen
Hamer

Godden/Bapaga
Biamou

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

One of our best outlets is Dabo...why would you drop him when he is playing his way to fitness and still better than anyone else at the club?
Stoke have been strong until the last couple of games. We need our best out there. Godden not ready for 90 minutes so Max leads the line. We must be strong in the middle so, Hamer, Sheaf and Allen looks the best option.
McCallum is inconsistent of late, and may need a break so Giles to come in. That will give us a good option to attack with both wing backs.
Is Hilsner anywhere near match fit? DeCosta is not ready for 90 minutes and too many changes would disrupt the team.
No reason we can't get something here. Godden will come on and I hope it's not in the last 10 minutes.

cc84cov

One of our best outlets is Dabo...why would you drop him when he is playing his way to fitness and still better than anyone else at the club?
Stoke have been strong until the last couple of games. We need our best out there. Godden not ready for 90 minutes so Max leads the line. We must be strong in the middle so, Hamer, Sheaf and Allen looks the best option.
McCallum is inconsistent of late, and may need a break so Giles to come in. That will give us a good option to attack with both wing backs.
Is Hilsner anywhere near match fit? DeCosta is not ready for 90 minutes and too many changes would disrupt the team.
No reason we can't get something here. Godden will come on and I hope it's not in the last 10 minutes.
Our best outlet all season is Ryan Giles and the manager won’t drop his favoured McCallum for him regardless if McCallum has been poor and clearly tired 🤷🏻‍♂️

Londonccfcfan

I wouldn’t drop our only out and out DM, Allen and Harmer too similar in the role they do.
I agree. With this. But i guess he's trying to accommodate Giles. From the start.

I do with the that team apart from Sheaf for Giles.

But I'd make the changes at 60 mins (Get Giles on early). So there's time to effect the game.

That's my one criticism of Robins he needs to make changes earlier.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ideally yes but even if he's likely to be burned out after 60-70 minutes each game for a while and Dabo has to take his place it'll still be a bit more of a rest for Dabo than he'd otherwise be getting.
Yes - agree, but don't want either breaking down. I'd sooner play Pask than risk that.

steve101

I would give O'Hare a rest from starting and put Bapaga alongside Biamou. He is young and unproven but obviously has talent and likes to run at people. He has nothing to lose. If he is struggling O'Hare can come off the bench when Stoke are hopefully tiring and then utilise the space that he isn't finding when starting.
I also wonder about Hilssner starting as AM. I would hope by now that he is over his health issue and his fitness is much improved. He looked technically good and able to provide from set-pieces. He scored for U23s from one. I would prefer to give him a go than Shipley who has been given ample opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread