Stoke game likely to be postponed (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I would be interested to know if clubs have to submit proof of players positive Covid test to the EFL.

larry_david

Someone’s posted on the stoke local rag that stoke city players went to London at the weekend on their Xmas party.

if I was the f.a. And found that to be true i’d make them play the u18’s.
This is what winds me up. Still, karma gets you in the end. Rotherham were loving their 7 games in hand.

Skyblueweeman

I can honestly see very little football between now and the new year. I reckon they'll put a 2 week window in place with no fixtures.

Sky Blue Harry H

From Stoke's Oatcake forum: Their players went to London for a Xmas 'bash'. In which case, how f&cking stupid (and not our fault!..................

'Ouch, it's at our end? Didn't our lot go down to London at the weekend just gone for their Christmas do?

I wonder if 6 is the best case scenario?'

David O'Day

From Stoke's Oatcake forum: Their players went to London for a Xmas 'bash'. In which case, how f&cking stupid (and not our fault!..................

'Ouch, it's at our end? Didn't our lot go down to London at the weekend just gone for their Christmas do?

I wonder if 6 is the best case scenario?'

If true it would be laughable for the Football League to call it off without punishing Stoke,

In Scotland when one Celtic player broke the rules by travelling to Spain the government got involved

Evo1883

If true it would be laughable for the Football League to call it off without punishing Stoke,

In Scotland when one Celtic player broke the rules by travelling to Spain the government got involved

I'm not sure , but were they breaking the rules ? Not sure they were last Saturday

David O'Day

I'm not sure , but were they breaking the rules ? Not sure they were last Saturday

What were the covid agreements the clubs all signed up to? It's not the breaking off Government laws but EFL rules I'd look at

Grendel

No rules broken as far as I can see

Evo1883

What were the covid agreements the clubs all signed up to? It's not the breaking off Government laws but EFL rules I'd look at

Possibly not sure but alot of things have relaxed since last year so maybe not the case now

Brighton Sky Blue

The relevant passage

In the wake of recent EFL fixture postponements due to COVID-19 cases at Clubs, the EFL has also provided guidance on non-fulfilment of fixtures, confirming that Clubs will be expected to play where it has 14 players including a goalkeeper available from the Club’s registered squad list, Under 21 players not on the squad list but have played one League match, or any other contracted player not on the squad list but otherwise would have been eligible to play. The EFL will assist Clubs in their deliberations.

Nick

Administrator
In the wake of recent EFL fixture postponements due to COVID-19 cases at Clubs, the EFL has also provided guidance on non-fulfilment of fixtures, confirming that Clubs will be expected to play where it has 14 players including a goalkeeper available from the Club’s registered squad list, Under 21 players not on the squad list but have played one League match, or any other contracted player not on the squad list but otherwise would have been eligible to play. The EFL will assist Clubs in their deliberations.

They would need a fair few out.

Bugsy

The game will go ahead, no drama, see most of use at the CBS ....PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread