Strachan Football Foundation (1 Viewer)

Walsgrave

I didn't know that such niche post-16 education providers existed, I thought people had to be into college/sixth form or apprenticeship.

What's it all about? The website's a bit vague. And are there are exciting players who Coventry might want to snap up?

Skybluefaz

I didn't know that such niche post-16 education providers existed, I thought people had to be into college/sixth form or apprenticeship.

What's it all about? The website's a bit vague. And are there are exciting players who Coventry might want to snap up?
We've picked up Ponticelli from them, who is scoring goals for fun at the moment for the youth side. It seems like a great thing and is giving these young guys a second chance at making it.

shmmeee

As long as they're "in education" theyre OK. That's why McDonalds suddenly started doing NVQs in burger flipping.

WestEndAgro

Luke Leahey up at Falkirk, went there via the Stachan Academy, friend of mine had trials at Forest via the SA unfortunately nothing came of them.
In its first year Gavin Strachan was running it, but he got offered a job at Peterborough working with Darren Ferguson and was off within 2-3 weeks.

Esoterica

I can only assume it was called the 'Strachan Football Foundation' because 'The Toxic Ginger Poison Dwarf Wankademy' was already trademarked! (Just joking, I'm sure they all do a great job and everyone there works really hard)

SlowerThanPlatt

We've picked up Ponticelli from them, who is scoring goals for fun at the moment for the youth side. It seems like a great thing and is giving these young guys a second chance at making it.
We also had striker Dylan Otshudy on trial towards the back end of last season. Now at Kettering

Users who are viewing this thread