Strange Band Names (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

There's been some weird names for bands and many leave you thinking what does that mean ? Take: Bat For Lashes or Tenacious D or Bowling For Soup. I guess the stranger the name the more you want to find out about them ? Any others ?

Otis

There's been some weird names for bands and many leave you thinking what does that mean ? Take: Bat For Lashes or Tenacious D or Bowling For Soup. I guess the stranger the name the more you want to find out about them ? Any others ?
Obviously know what these mean, but they are great names all the same.

The Stinky Puffs. The Nipple Erectors. Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's Dead. Half Man Half Biscuit. The Four Skins.

Otis

Love the answer on Yahoo answers.

Someone asked 'What does Bowling for Soup mean?'

And a reply came back 'It means all the good band names were taken. '

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

ConnorDevine

Supposedly the Pigeon Detectives didn't have a band name the night before an early show and had been joking about worst band names possible, the next day someone asked what they were called and as a joke one of them brought up one of the shit names so pigeon detectives just stuck

bringbackrattles

Been trying to find out about Bat for Lashes but no joy.
She's a solo artist and pretty good I've heard, but no explanation on her stage name ?

bringbackrattles

Thanks for that. I hoped it would mean something deep and meaningful ! I recall reading about Prefab Sprout and how they got their name. They were all sitting having a meal together,and one of them was asked if they wanted peas or something ? One replied no thanks she preferred sprouts. They thought she said Prefab sprouts. They liked it so much they decided to have it as their name. Now that is rock and roll !

Grendel

Peter and The Test tube babies - great name - awful band.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Spooky Tooth. Band from the mid '60's. They had an album with the great title "You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw"!

Monners

King Kurt ("Ooh Wallah Wallah!)
U2 - named after a spy plane - what's all that about?
Artie Gruber and the Kortizones

Grendel

Interesting when you look at successful bands and their original names

I wonder if a band called Daddy would had international success in the 70's.

Captain Dart

Last edited:

Gazolba

A few from back in the 60's:
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Electric Prunes
Peanut Butter Conspiracy
New Riders of the Purple Sage
Chocolate Watchband
Moby Grape

More recent ones:
Born Loser and the Hangers On