Stuart Linnell.... (1 Viewer)

warwickcccfc

...probably thinks that the majority of fans are still not opposed to SISU even after their decision to take the Council to court....it'd be interesting to get his view now.

He reads this forum, so, come on, Stuart....still think SISU are the good guys? :facepalm:

letsallsingtogether

Of course he does him and his followers on here some people can't see the wood..........................:blue::blue:
...probably thinks that the majority of fans are still not opposed to SISU even after their decision to take the Council to court....it'd be interesting to get his view now.

He reads this forum, so, come on, Stuart....still think SISU are the good guys? :facepalm:

Pavman

You have to remember BBC C & W have been trying for years to speak to Joy Sep. If he goes off talking about how bad her company is, they will never get a chance of speaking to her.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You know nothing but when all is revealed you will know something. Stuart knows everything even if it means nothing. Just remember Stuart is a representative of the BBC an impartial public broadcaster how you can have the temerity to insinuate that his views would in any way deviate from the BBC principles is frankly beyond me I am lost for words

Nonleagueherewecome

You have to remember BBC C & W have been trying for years to speak to Joy Sep. If he goes off talking about how bad her company is, they will never get a chance of speaking to her.

You might be being sarcastic, in which case I apologise, but...it hasn't really worked sucking up to her so far, has it? Maybe time to give up the sucking up/off and try a bit of impartial investigative journalism that we expect from the BBC?

georgehudson

hang on a mo'
impartial / investigative journalism ?
isn't that an oxymoron ?
from a CCFC fan &
spoken from a minority perspective, of course

Flying Fokker

You know nothing but when all is revealed you will know something. Stuart knows everything even if it means nothing. Just remember Stuart is a representative of the BBC an impartial public broadcaster how you can have the temerity to insinuate that his views would in any way deviate from the BBC principles is frankly beyond me I am lost for words

You did pretty well with the above!

RedSalmon

They are never going to get to speak to Joy, she ain't daft enough to put herself in the front line, thats what Tim is for.

CWR needs to grow a pair and start asking awkward questions, or at the very least be more objective in the way they report this story.

@richh87

CWR are pathetic. There is nothing stopping them asking difficult questions, it doesn't effect their impartiality.

Sbarcher

Difficult questions like:-
1. Where will we be playing next season?
2. When will ST's go on sale and at what price?
3. When will the transfer embargo be lifted?
4. Do you intend to continue to be in control of CCFC
etc

These aren't "difficult" questions - just straightforward enquiries.
As previous poster said - GROW SOME!!

japandy

I apologise for being against the flow but I like the presenters on CWR. You basically have 3. Geoff who loves ice hockey. Clive who loves cricket and Stuart who I believe is head of sport, and therefore has been lumped with us and footie. I think Stuart always come over as more of a neutral than most presenters around the country. It is only natural that through the demise of our club we have all been looking for scapegoats. The board, the team, the manager, the radio, the TV, Jim the gateman with the bad leg, Beryl the tealady et al.
CWR is broadcast to a fair number of people with a wide age range. We, on here, ontheotherhand are mainly male from 20+. The majority, on here, are half empty kind of people who get more pleasure out of negativity than positivity, so I think our listenership does not hold the majority of listeners. I know many people of all ages who love Stuart and I think he has done a remarkable job over the past number of years coming in for alot of abuse.
There is an old saying that if you don't like what a person is doing, do it yourself. I would bet the majority would crumble. Most of you I would switch off but I would love to hear Otis doing the show.:D

Sbarcher

The phone-in receives comments from all view of fans (mainly male 20+ therefore not just on here!).
Inviting comments will invariably mean some you will not agree with personally. If this is the case SL should say I respect your view and then move on. If we are asked to air our thoughts, we should not be pulled up unless something is factually incorrect. The "only playing Devil's advocate" card is merely SL's way of dissing the caller.

Sky Blue Kid

I apologise for being against the flow but I like the presenters on CWR. You basically have 3. Geoff who loves ice hockey. Clive who loves cricket and Stuart who I believe is head of sport, and therefore has been lumped with us and footie. I think Stuart always come over as more of a neutral than most presenters around the country. It is only natural that through the demise of our club we have all been looking for scapegoats. The board, the team, the manager, the radio, the TV, Jim the gateman with the bad leg, Beryl the tealady et al.
CWR is broadcast to a fair number of people with a wide age range. We, on here, ontheotherhand are mainly male from 20+. The majority, on here, are half empty kind of people who get more pleasure out of negativity than positivity, so I think our listenership does not hold the majority of listeners. I know many people of all ages who love Stuart and I think he has done a remarkable job over the past number of years coming in for alot of abuse.
There is an old saying that if you don't like what a person is doing, do it yourself. I would bet the majority would crumble. Most of you I would switch off but I would love to hear Otis doing the show.:D

Don't get me started on the sh**e this man spouts. From taking the p**s out of callers(Anyone remember James Bond)
Caller saying he hates SISU and what they stand for, then getting cut off(We have got a bad line and we'll try to get back to you) Fook all wrong with the line, we all could hear the caller clearly.
Remember this Linnel....The callers pay for the call not you, so treat them with respect!:slap:

Sba180

Don't get me started on the sh**e this man spouts. From taking the p**s out of callers(Anyone remember James Bond)
Caller saying he hates SISU and what they stand for, then getting cut off(We have got a bad line and we'll try to get back to you) Fook all wrong with the line, we all could hear the caller clearly.
Remember this Linnel....The callers pay for the call not you, so treat them with respect!:slap:

Good job we don't phone into talksport then, where i would say you get ten seconds and then the presenter jumps in and you don't get to talk again. At least SL gives you a chance. Do you agree with everything he says? No. He probably doesn't agree with everything you say either.

Opinions eh?

Difficult questions like:-
1. Where will we be playing next season?
2. When will ST's go on sale and at what price?
3. When will the transfer embargo be lifted?
4. Do you intend to continue to be in control of CCFC
etc

These aren't "difficult" questions - just straightforward enquiries.
As previous poster said - GROW SOME!!

5. When can I buy a new home shirt?

For fun "6. Where is the golden share" :D

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Good job we don't phone into talksport then, where i would say you get ten seconds and then the presenter jumps in and you don't get to talk again. At least SL gives you a chance. Do you agree with everything he says? No. He probably doesn't agree with everything you say either.

Opinions eh?

Well said opinions yes its all to do with opinions. Everybody that phones in has an opinion and its important to have an opinion however not so much if you are in the MINORITY because as we all know we live in a democracy where the MAJORITY view is all important, more than your opinion. Unless the MINORITY is the MAJORITY but of course that is based on your opinion. Opinions eh?

psgm1

Banned
How can Mr Linnell be head of a department when he is FREELANCE (His own words). Why are the BBC using a freelance journalist? Sky blue kid seems to be referring to someone other than the person named in this thread.

He went overboard in his praise for Andy Thorn when they won 3 games on the trot. Based on that run, he claimed he was validated in his support. He ALSO then stated that the majority of callers agreed with him, therefore he was proven right. Strangely though now he claims that you cannot claim the majority of callers wanting rid of SP means it is just a minority, and he simply doesn't believe them!

Double standard methinks!

WHY didn't he accept me phone call when he called me a coward on air? STrangely no-one answered the phone!!!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

How can Mr Linnell be head of a department when he is FREELANCE (His own words). Why are the BBC using a freelance journalist? Sky blue kid seems to be referring to someone other than the person named in this thread.

He went overboard in his praise for Andy Thorn when they won 3 games on the trot. Based on that run, he claimed he was validated in his support. He ALSO then stated that the majority of callers agreed with him, therefore he was proven right. Strangely though now he claims that you cannot claim the majority of callers wanting rid of SP means it is just a minority, and he simply doesn't believe them!

Double standard methinks!

WHY didn't he accept me phone call when he called me a coward on air? STrangely no-one answered the phone!!!

What a really stupid question you hurt his feelings so much so that he has to go on about it on HIS show and shows everybody how important he is by the mere fact that he has lawyers(not just one) then being a member of the MINORITY expect him to give you airtime on HIS show when he attacks you. Thank god Stuart is above all that

Sba180

Well said opinions yes its all to do with opinions. Everybody that phones in has an opinion and its important to have an opinion however not so much if you are in the MINORITY because as we all know we live in a democracy where the MAJORITY view is all important, more than your opinion. Unless the MINORITY is the MAJORITY but of course that is based on your opinion. Opinions eh?

Even Mr linnell is entitled to his opinions is he not? Im not going to say he is always right, far from it, but he also can't go around SISU bashing. He has to remain impartial to suit everyone. Especially on the juggy show or CWR are likely to be banished from home games

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Even Mr linnell is entitled to his opinions is he not? Im not going to say he is always right, far from it, but he also can't go around SISU bashing. He has to remain impartial to suit everyone. Especially on the juggy show or CWR are likely to be banished from home games

He's not impartial though. That's the point. He holds a view many feel is errant. I consider it ill-educated. If anyone calls in and he doesn't like their stance, their moment of glory is truncated as they're cut off. At least Jon Gaunt will debate with someone. Linnell just cuts them off. Or claims he's party to some clandestine knowledge he can't pass on; but claims it as a secret trump card that's all glorious.

And it's not his show. People are more interested in the topic than the presenter. The BBC have an obligation to do better.

I wonder what BBC Merseyside would do, or what the presenter would do, if Everton or Liverpool suffered the same ignominious fate as we have in recent years? They'd have someone on there who would tell it as it is. He, and they are pathetic

psgm1

Banned

NOT if he works for an organisation that has in its constitution to be impartial!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Of course he is isnt thats what I was saying

psgm1

Banned
Of course he is isnt thats what I was saying

If he cannot go around sisu bashing, then how can he go around calling people "idiots" for saying Andy Thorn is a poor manager or calling peiople mindless if they boo? Cannot have it both ways - no matter how badly Mr Linnell would like to!

Seems you cannot dare criticise someone on CWR who has money behind them !

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If he cannot go around sisu bashing, then how can he go around calling people "idiots" for saying Andy Thorn is a poor manager or calling peiople mindless if they boo? Cannot have it both ways - no matter how badly Mr Linnell would like to!

Seems you cannot dare criticise someone on CWR who has money behind them !

He can call anybody he likes an idiot its his opinion his show his department and his radio station sorry its not its ours but anyway Tranmere Clive gets a bit techy lately as well perhaps its getting to both of our illustrious presenters.

J

Jack Griffin

Talking bollocks!

theferret

Got to love japandy. Not sure I can vouch for his sanity, but still a message board legend from the days of dial-up.

Users who are viewing this thread