Stuart Urquhart (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Is this guy injured or does SP not rate him at the moment? Sorry if its been discussed elsewhere and I've missed it, but surely giving him a chance could be a short term fix in defense? Surely can't do any worse than what we currently have.
[h=1][/h]

edgy

He was signed for the Academy initially. We don't need anymore kids in the side. We need experience.

Nick

Administrator
I was thinking the other night that surely he is better than some that are getting onto the bench?

swisstony

I say throw him in .Webster's pace is suspect and in my opinion Clarke is a decent full back but just a stop gap centre half.
If this kid has represented the jocks at u18 level,give him a go.
Might save us a few quid!!

Hobo

He was bought for the future clearly stated at the time of his signing. Half the people on the bench aren't ready yet we don't need to rush another.

We need a couple of experienced heads.

The youngsters need 10 minutes here 15 minutes there. Chance to find there feet.

People were calling for Billy Daniels then when he played were posting get him off.

Not the way to develop your future folks....youngsters need support and encouragement not a mountain of unrealistic expectation to climb.

covcity4life

seen rotheram goals, jordan clarke got out jumped for 2(regular occurrence) and webster also for 1 and gave awy shit pen

change is required.

Joy Division

I know it was stated at the time he was one for the future, but also remember him saying in the interview that he left Rangers as he was frustrated at not getting a look in at first.

Gint11

We do not need any more youngsters, I agree, we need experience now.

Joy Division

We do not need any more youngsters, I agree, we need experience now.

Obviously yes we do need experience, but at the moment it seems we can't quite get what we want. As mentioned, maybe a stop gap until we can do something?

will am i

i dont go sixfields no and SP is clearly looking for loans.

and are you STILL saying we dont need to sort defence out? ahahahahahahahahah

You never answer a question. Have you been to a game this season - you may have noticed we play away games too. And, who are you replacing our centre halves with. Simple questions. We drop them both what is your team for Saturday. I think I previously explained that we all want better players but not sure we have any, and that i doubt many are desperate to join us. Come on lets have some answers smart arse.

Gint11

Obviously yes we do need experience, but at the moment it seems we can't quite get what we want. As mentioned, maybe a stop gap until we can do something?

Its tricky because you dont want to bring in any old tat but we clearly need a revamp

covcity4life

You never answer a question. Have you been to a game this season - you may have noticed we play away games too. And, who are you replacing our centre halves with. Simple questions. We drop them both what is your team for Saturday. I think I previously explained that we all want better players but not sure we have any, and that i doubt many are desperate to join us. Come on lets have some answers smart arse.

learn to read

i never said drop them now,not in this thread and not in JC thread

i said change is needed and SP obviously believes that too, only you and sky blue jon wanna persist with clarke webster full time.

you dont know anything about football, you have been proven wrong by results, go back read the JC thread and cringe fella.

covcity4life

Clarke got out jumped for 1 not 2, the first was a volley from a cross not a header.

just rewatched and he gets outjumped for 2, volley it may have been but it shudnt have been allowed by jc

i am not saying second goal is solely his fault mate, but he was out jumped in the immediate lead up.

will am i

learn to read

i never said drop them now,not in this thread and not in JC thread

i said change is needed and SP obviously believes that too, only you and sky blue jon wanna persist with clarke webster full time.

you dont know anything about football, you have been proven wrong by results, go back read the JC thread and cringe fella.

Still no answers. Incapable of putting forward any rational argument

If change is needed, I think you would have to drop them to put two new centre halves into the team. So claiming you dont want them dropped is nonsense - unless we are playing them and two new centre halves

I think Pressley said he is finding it difficult to get a centre half what a surprise

We have lost two games you flapper. Did you think we would never lose. JC and AW must have been world beaters when we were winning. Seems to be your argument in reverse.

i think you have confirmed you never go to games. I know nothing and you can judge players from 2 minutes of highlights a week. Of course you can.

Never claimed I wanted to persist with JC and AW you are making things up. Just asking for your alternatives - as you dont have any Ill stick with supporting the players we have. Im a disgrace Im sure.

So who are your alternatives. Come on lets have an answer.

covcity4life

Still no answers. Incapable of putting forward any rational argument

If change is needed, I think you would have to drop them to put two new centre halves into the team. So claiming you dont want them dropped is nonsense - unless we are playing them and two new centre halves

I think Pressley said he is finding it difficult to get a centre half what a surprise

We have lost two games you flapper. Did you think we would never lose. JC and AW must have been world beaters when we were winning. Seems to be your argument in reverse.

i think you have confirmed you never go to games. I know nothing and you can judge players from 2 minutes of highlights a week. Of course you can.

Never claimed I wanted to persist with JC and AW you are making things up. Just asking for your alternatives - as you don't have any Ill stick with supporting the players we have. Im a disgrace Im sure.

So who are your alternatives. Come on lets have an answer.

your whole argument is irrelevant

if i was here saying drop them both now!!!!!!!! then i could understand why you would want to know who i want to replace them

but i am not, i am saying change is needed,but have stated numerous times that i am well aware of our squad limitations. so SP is looking at loans,if they dont happen we can look buys at xmass,if that dont work out we can reshape in summer. but we WILL change.

also please dont act like i only been saying this since we started losing,you know full well i have mentioned it before that. thats a low move by you to outright lie. unlike you i wasnt blinded by wins.

so an appropriate response form you would be "yeh it don't look good at back and JC isnt long term fix i agree but till SP can sort it we just have to carry on" but no you couldn't do something that simple. you had to talk about me being a bully and asking me to name a replacement right now, i dunno if you are just bad at debating or if you are trolling but either way please sort yourself out kid.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, against Rotherham the midfield could have been blamed for at least 2 of the goals by waiting for full backs to bomb on and then playing shit passes that left us wide open when they gave the ball away.

covcity4life

noone is denying that nick

is it not possible to have a thread about our centrebacks without having to try and excuse them and make out like it isnt an issue?

RFC

To be fair, against Rotherham the midfield could have been blamed for at least 2 of the goals by waiting for full backs to bomb on and then playing shit passes that left us wide open when they gave the ball away.

Glad you've stated the obvious Nick, we were carrying 2 midfielders against Tranmere and at least 1 against Rotherham and far to often the gap between midfield & defence was far to great.

Not all the defences fault IMHO!

Joy Division

Glad you've stated the obvious Nick, we were carrying 2 midfielders against Tranmere and at least 1 against Rotherham and far to often the gap between midfield & defence was far to great.

This is true for sure. But with something like the 3rd worst goals against in this division you have to look at the defence first, and stats wise its not as if we are being battered by opposition teams.

covcity4life

once again...no one is saying it is.

RoboCCFC90

Yeovil defender Dan Seaborne set to join Coventry City on loan. #ytfc #skyblues

Jay88

gotta b worth giving him a shot! trying to get a defender on loan by this evening. Midfielders have been sloppy too.

RoboCCFC90

Danny Seabourne played for two clubs I used to play for, makes me feel so much better about his signing :)

Hobo

Danny Seabourne played for two clubs I used to play for, makes me feel so much better about his signing :)

Fancy a game Robbo?

Re this post, it is far too easy to blame centre backs for goals conceded. What goes on in front of them and behind them is key.

It is like blaming attackers for not scoring when they don't get any service.

One area we do have a replacement for is goalkeeper. I rate Murphy but the last few games he has contributed to the poor performances with some bazaar positioning and decisions. A spell on the bench might clear his head.

Users who are viewing this thread