Summer Break ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

What are your plans during the close season ? For me before we start our season in League Two I'm hoping to do a walking holiday in England or Wales. And going to a couple of concerts too. Hopefully I'll be refreshed by the start of the campaign ! Any other plans ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Moving house in the next couple of weeks so will be working on that and then three days in Cromer and if I am not working by then I guess keep looking for a job.

Marty

Planning on a mountain biking break, looking at the Forest of Dean to prepare for possibly Whistler (Canada) next year. Mainly just days away for me though and getting back into golf if my injuries hold up.

pastythegreat

What are your plans during the close season ? For me before we start our season in League Two I'm hoping to do a walking holiday in England or Wales. And going to a couple of concerts too. Hopefully I'll be refreshed by the start of the campaign ! Any other plans ?
If you're looking at a walking holiday, I loved the wainwright walk. Coast to Coast. 192miles, 3 national parks and 2 counties. Some amazing views and scenery! It's an absolute must on anyone's bucket list!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

If you're looking at a walking holiday, I loved the wainwright walk. Coast to Coast. 192miles, 3 national parks and 2 counties. Some amazing views and scenery! It's an absolute must on anyone's bucket list!

That sounds great. I've walked the Peak District,Malverns,Torridon Hills/Scotland,and North Wales.I'll definetly go somewhere new though.

pastythegreat

That sounds great. I've walked the Peak District,Malverns,Torridon Hills/Scotland,and North Wales.I'll definetly go somewhere new though.
One place I haven't spent much time is Scotland! Nor North Wales (apart from Snowdon and Ben Nevis obviously)!
South Wales (brecon) and North Yorkshire I used to spend weeks at a time out in the wilderness! Love Yorkshire. Some of my best (and worst) days were spent up on the dales! Managed 13 trig points in one day once. Obviously a lot younger and fitter back then!

bringbackrattles

One place I haven't spent much time is Scotland! Nor North Wales (apart from Snowdon and Ben Nevis obviously)!
South Wales (brecon) and North Yorkshire I used to spend weeks at a time out in the wilderness! Love Yorkshire. Some of my best (and worst) days were spent up on the dales! Managed 13 trig points in one day once. Obviously a lot younger and fitter back then!

Another outdoor enthusiast ! I've been into walking/hiking for many years. Since I stopped playing football and rugby I needed something to replace it.
Done some tough hikes and some easy rambles too,but enjoyed them all. I took my son to Scotland when he was only about nine or ten years old, and he soon got into walking up hills ! Toughened him up he said in later years. Sod posh hotels we've done cheap digs and camped out in farmer fields,and slept like a baby !

pastythegreat

Another outdoor enthusiast ! I've been into walking/hiking for many years. Since I stopped playing football and rugby I needed something to replace it.
Done some tough hikes and some easy rambles too,but enjoyed them all. I took my son to Scotland when he was only about nine or ten years old, and he soon got into walking up hills ! Toughened him up he said in later years. Sod posh hotels we've done cheap digs and camped out in farmer fields,and slept like a baby !
Nothing better than the outdoors! My lads eight. We'll often go for a long weekend without a tent! Sleeping bag and bivvi bag. Maybe a tarp if it looks wet. Spent a night on a hillside in Wales in mid Feb with just my sleeping bag and bivvi bag! Woke up at 6am buried under a foot of snow!
I'd love to live somewhere I could just go after work on a Friday locally for a night or 2 with him. Rather than him sit in on the ps4 all weekend. Everywhere is a drive away and needs pre planning though so doesn't happen as often as I'd like. We've been and wild camped in berkswell before. Slept it the woods at Draycott Water before too! The Park Rangers didn't like that

bringbackrattles

Nothing better than the outdoors! My lads eight. We'll often go for a long weekend without a tent! Sleeping bag and bivvi bag. Maybe a tarp if it looks wet. Spent a night on a hillside in Wales in mid Feb with just my sleeping bag and bivvi bag! Woke up at 6am buried under a foot of snow!
I'd love to live somewhere I could just go after work on a Friday locally for a night or 2 with him. Rather than him sit in on the ps4 all weekend. Everywhere is a drive away and needs pre planning though so doesn't happen as often as I'd like. We've been and wild camped in berkswell before. Slept it the woods at Draycott Water before too! The Park Rangers didn't like that

The Lickey Hills in Brum is near so is Sutton Park. Your lad will love both places.

Gazolba

Check out BritishWalks.org Walks Index

clint van damme

Normally have a couple of weeks in the sun but not bothering this year so looking for a few UK short breaks. Some good suggestions on this thread.

no_loyalty

Off to Fuerteventura in 3 weeks time, will be drinking plenty of Tropical lager

Will be taking my CCFC flag to display in the window of apartment

Users who are viewing this thread