Summer transfer window 2024 (23 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Judging by what we need this is my ideal window based on who Saddle has said is on their way out (+12m from Gyok)
Out
Simon Moore (free)
Luis Binks (end of loan)
Jamie Allen (500k)
Liam Kelly (free)
Callum O’hare (free)
Matty Godden (500k)
Jake Bidwell (750k)
Justin Obikwu (loan)
Dermi Lusala (loan)
Jack Burroughs (loan)

In
Paddy McNair (free)
Michal Helik (2m)
Sam McCallum (free)
Cody Drameh (free)
Hector Kyprianou (750k)
Alan Browne (free)
(Only if Sheaf goes: Juninho Bacuna (3m))
Zian Flemming (5m)
Sorba Thomas (3m)
Daniel Jebbison (free)
(Pad out with 1/2 top quality loan/s)

DrPoolittle

Not so sure anyone will spend £500k on Godden…….thats got free transfer written all over it.

And 12 million pay on for VG is over optimistic

rexo87

Judging by what we need this is my ideal window based on who Saddle has said is on their way out (+12m from Gyok)
Out
Simon Moore (free)
Luis Binks (end of loan)
Jamie Allen (500k)
Liam Kelly (free)
Callum O’hare (free)
Matty Godden (500k)
Jake Bidwell (750k)
Justin Obikwu (loan)
Dermi Lusala (loan)
Jack Burroughs (loan)

In
Paddy McNair (free)
Michal Helik (2m)
Sam McCallum (free)
Cody Drameh (free)
Hector Kyprianou (750k)
Alan Browne (free)
Zian Flemming (5m)
Sorba Thomas (3m)
Daniel Jebbison (free)
Lol - Posh will want at least 3m for Kyprianou and having watched a few of their games this summer i dont think hes even that good. Archie Collins is their best midfielder.

Dont mind some of the other suggestions but not Flemming or Thomas (both overrated and we can do much much better)

DrPoolittle

We know that Cov wanted another of Peterborough’s players, so I suspect we will follow up on that.

but our squad is weak, why get rid of Bidwell, for example?

The obvious lesson is that Robins needs a bigger squad. Let’s bring players in first.

Oh and another thing ;) Allen and Bidwell wont attract fees of that size either

Matt smith

Out
Simon Moore (free)
Luis Binks (end of loan)
Jamie Allen (500k)
Liam Kelly (free)
Callum O’hare (free)
Matty Godden (500k)
Jake Bidwell (750k)
Justin Obikwu (loan)
Dermi Lusala (loan)
Jack Burroughs (loan)

In
Paddy McNair (free)
Michal Helik (2m)
Sam McCallum (free)
Cody Drameh (free)
Hector Kyprianou (750k)
Alan Browne (free)
Zian Flemming (5m)
Sorba Thomas (3m)
Daniel Jebbison (free)
I don’t get the obsession with Flemmimg to be honest.

Sorba Thomas I can’t see either, Rudoni and Dolan would be much better signings in these positions and suit our profile more

hector K will be 2.5 million minimum not 750k, think Watford were in for him and got batted away for 2 and a half

I’d take McCallum on a free though that’s for sure

shmmeee

No Peterborough players. One signing per club now please. Also I think we can do better than most of the ones we’ve been linked with.

Sniffer

I'd 100 % keep Allen and Bidwell, we need that strength in depth.
Godden will probably want to move but I would try and keep him (he'll probably want the move after limited playing time i know), we need 4 strikers ideally,

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Kyprianou is out of contract end of next season and I forgot they turned down 2m from watford I saw his value on TM was 600k and made an assumption, the 12m from Vik is based on 15% of 80m, and there’s a +3m net in revenue so even if its less its still doable

DrPoolittle

Kyprianou is out of contract end of next season and I forgot they turned down 2m from watford I saw his value on TM was 600k and made an assumption, the 12m from Vik is based on 15% of 80m, and there’s a +3m net in revenue so even if its less its still doable
Unless Sporting accept the 2 player plus cash deal offered by Chelsea, apparently. Then Cov get about £2 million

ccfc_Tom

Williams the Barnsley defender and captain is out of contract. Sibley, been linked before. Burrows - EMC link. few out of contracts . (disclaimer, I have not seen any of them play).

CovLad94

Genuinely think we should have gotten Brekalo in the last window, I’m still convinced he’d be a rock at the back and have the ability to drive forward, something we don’t do enough of.
Could probably get Better now, I'd love to see an experienced leader come in to help out and then a younger CB like Charlie Hughes or Olly Casey

Viktor17

Out
Simon Moore (free)
Luis Binks (end of loan)
Jamie Allen (500k)
Liam Kelly (free)
Callum O’hare (free)
Matty Godden (500k)
Jake Bidwell (750k)
Justin Obikwu (loan)
Dermi Lusala (loan)
Jack Burroughs (loan)

In
Paddy McNair (free)
Michal Helik (2m)
Sam McCallum (free)
Cody Drameh (free)
Hector Kyprianou (750k)
Alan Browne (free)
Zian Flemming (5m)
Sorba Thomas (3m)
Daniel Jebbison (free)
Thoughts - some good options below:

Paddy McNair (free) - Agree, as long as fitness issues clear
Michal Helik (2m) - Its him or McNair as we need a LCB (Binks - can we get Doyle?)
Sam McCallum (free) - Jury out for me
Cody Drameh (free) - Agree - really dropped off radar since Luton, really liked him, could be great option
Hector Kyprianou (750k) - Will cost more, highly rated, but not seen
Alan Browne (free) - Wages issue, he's on circa 30k I think. But this is the type of gritty player we need OR Alex Mowatt type
Zian Flemming (5m) - Ummmmm think we can get better value
Sorba Thomas (3m) - Dolan better
Daniel Jebbison (free) - Not seen enough

We must and should use Loan market better, couple of real decent prospects make world of difference.

If sheaf does go, his fee should go in on 2/3 proper ready made replacements for midfield - we could really take one step and 3 forward with good investment there. (Clearly would love to keep BS, but the cards are in our favour and life moves on as we have seen with Vik/Gus)

Bertola

Of the names mentioned on here, I'd like Alex Mowatt and Zian Flemming.

Rudoni looks a decent player in spells, but lack of output puts him on a similar level to Palmer, and we need more.

Expect a few players based further abroad to come in again

Hobo

Out
Simon Moore (free)
Luis Binks (end of loan)
Jamie Allen (500k)
Liam Kelly (free)
Callum O’hare (free)
Matty Godden (500k)
Jake Bidwell (750k)
Justin Obikwu (loan)
Dermi Lusala (loan)
Jack Burroughs (loan)

In
Paddy McNair (free)
Michal Helik (2m)
Sam McCallum (free)
Cody Drameh (free)
Hector Kyprianou (750k)
Alan Browne (free)
Zian Flemming (5m)
Sorba Thomas (3m)
Daniel Jebbison (free)

I think we are more likely to be saying 'who' when we make signings as with Wright, Sakamoto, Van Ewijk and Torp.

One player I would like to see come in on a free is Dolan (Blackburn).

Mucca Mad Boys

We know that Cov wanted another of Peterborough’s players, so I suspect we will follow up on that.

but our squad is weak, why get rid of Bidwell, for example?

The obvious lesson is that Robins needs a bigger squad. Let’s bring players in first.

Oh and another thing ;) Allen and Bidwell wont attract fees of that size either

We need a better option than Bidwell and JDS. His contract is expiring and the wrong side of 30 so you want to be improving that position.

A left footed MVE is the dream.

Matt smith

We need a better option than Bidwell and JDS. His contract is expiring and the wrong side of 30 so you want to be improving that position.

A left footed MVE is the dream.
How much is burrows gonna be though, 4/5 million? Be the dream signing but very optimistic

Mucca Mad Boys

How much is burrows gonna be though, 4/5 million? Be the dream signing but very optimistic

I don’t think we’ll try and sign Burrows, probably a player who’s unknown on here because a lot of people, myself included, have limited knowledge outside of the EFL/Prem.

That said, the Championship and League 1 is producing a lot of reliable talent atm. Maatsen playing well in the UCL semi final having spent 2 seasons in the EFL.

JSL

I guess it also depends on if Peterborough get promoted or not. if they dont, then they may be more willing to sell

SkyB

I don't think that Burrows is the Peterborough player we have the option on. While we do need a long term replacement for Bidders, when the transfer was negotiated, Jay DaSilva was probably still the future of that position in this team.

Users who are viewing this thread