Summer transfer window 2024 (34 Viewers)

BlueSkiesForever

Players I’d be happy to show the exit door to.

Godden
Kelly
Moore
COH
Da Silva

We need..

GK
2 CBs (I would keep Binks if possible)
LB
CM
Winger (who can operate both sides)
CAM
ST

Couldn’t agree more, if we’re to break out of the championship we need better players and depth, simple as that. I think we’ve proved that the “cobble together a semi-fit squad and hope we make play-offs” model isn’t currently working. Relying on the likes of Palmer, Allen, Eccles, Godden, Da Silva, Collins, even Kitching etc every week isn’t going to cut it.

Diogenes

Exactly, punts on lower league players are fine as long as they are backups/understudies to proven top quality championship level players.

There's a reason clubs aren't queuing up for the list of players above but Hamer/O'Hare/Sheaf all have suitors.

Tea & Busquets

@Tea & Busquets been told were looking at a 20 year old swedish Keeper, youre a man who has knowledge who could that be??
Do you know if he’s exactly 20 or is that just ballpark? Would hedge my bets on 21 yo Oliver Dovin playing at Hammarby (same club as Adjei we were scouting) and Sweden international. Turns 22 in July. Would be a very good pickup as he’s already one of the best young keepers in Europe outside of the top 5 leagues and would definitely be a step up from whatever the fuck we have going on right now. He was also born in England which gives him English second nationality which I’m sure is useful for something. Real sweeper keeper. Definitely Swedens next permanent #1 if he makes the right move (to us). Contract up in 2026.

Tea & Busquets

Do you know if he’s exactly 20 or is that just ballpark? Would hedge my bets on 21 yo Oliver Dovin playing at Hammarby (same club as Adjei we were scouting) and Sweden international. Turns 22 in July. Would be a very good pickup as he’s already one of the best young keepers in Europe outside of the top 5 leagues and would definitely be a step up from whatever the fuck we have going on right now. He was also born in England which gives him English second nationality which I’m sure is useful for something. Real sweeper keeper. Definitely Swedens next permanent #1 if he makes the right move (to us). Contract up in 2026.
Forgot to mention but he also has the same agent as Hamer and loads of other big names/championship/former cov players. Though I would take that connection with a grain of salt as it’s a pretty large agency.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Potentially, I was told weeks ago we're playing Sunderland (came from there side) in Alicante, short trip along the coast from Valencia.
Think you misheard. We're taking a lad from Sunderland on trial called Ally Kante.

Legia Sky Blue

Potentially, I was told weeks ago we're playing Sunderland (came from there side) in Alicante, short trip along the coast from Valencia.

You're surely either bullshitting or your source is winding you up? Playing them there would be a recipe for disaster, attracting a load of numbskulls from each side, which would then keep this stupid rivalry even more alive than present. Can't see either club being interested in such a game. Besides which when was the last time we played a pre season friendly against another team from the same league as ourselves?

Last edited:

Balli001

You're either bullshitting or your source is winding you up. Playing them there would be a recipe for disaster, attracting a load of numbskulls from each side, which would then keep this stupid rivalry even more alive than present. Can't see either club being interested in such a game. Besides which when was the last time we played a pre season friendly against another team from the same league as ourselves?
It is difficult to get opposition that early so it's possible we are both in the same region and arranged a game

Offhegoes

Wouldn’t say it’s particularly his job to play keep-ball. That being said, he does often try to force the issue at times and if we’re honest, it doesn’t work out as often as it should - the pass for Wrights goal the other week was what I’d want to see him doing more often.
Palmer will always divide. For me, I love him, he drives forward, is always on the front foot and tries to make things happen. He might give the ball away but no-one else plays like him. O'Hare likes to play little triangles around opposition box, but if we're not bossing possession he's not as effective. People slated Palmer for his performances against Hull & Ipswich, but he ends up with a goal & assist in those 2 games.

bukayosakamoto

Palmer will always divide. For me, I love him, he drives forward, is always on the front foot and tries to make things happen. He might give the ball away but no-one else plays like him. O'Hare likes to play little triangles around opposition box, but if we're not bossing possession he's not as effective. People slated Palmer for his performances against Hull & Ipswich, but he ends up with a goal & assist in those 2 games.
I quite like Palmer, he's just not good enough to be a regular starter for us next season. Maybe in a game with 20 minutes left when we need some new ideas, but he's nowhere near consistent enough and is absolutely useless in front of goal. The bloke will send 50 easy chances off target and follow it by making it look easy scoring an absolute screamer

CovLad94

MR stating he wants to get business done early, will be easier this time around without a playoff run so can plan ahead for the league we're in, hopefully get some announced soon. @Saddlebrains anything on this swedish keeper or any likely business that gets don?

junglej13

MR stating he wants to get business done early, will be easier this time around without a playoff run so can plan ahead for the league we're in, hopefully get some announced soon. @Saddlebrains anything on this swedish keeper or any likely business that gets don?
Pretty much a standard line from any manager. The summers with tournaments are always difficult at our level to recruit particularly any fringe Premier League players as they are making up the squads while players involved in the Euros have late summer holidays.

Hincha

I wouldn't expect players in any quicker than last year.

At least this time we can already field a whole team rather than having Howley & Bidwell at CB.

Saddlebrains

I cant see anything being done in the near future, they're off on their Jollys from today

11 or 12 have all gone to Vegas courtesy of Doug for the cup run

Winny the Bish

Agree. Palmer may give the ball away but he’s always trying to find killer passes through the defence. We’ve moaned all season about our players not finding Simms and Wright runs behind but KP at least tries.

I do still hate it when he backheels straight to an opposition player though.

Users who are viewing this thread