sunday 8,400 at Cov, 4,000 at WASPS (1 Viewer)

Moff

Guess at the very latest we'll find out on Dec 21st.

Why not look longer term and see how the rest of the season pans out? I think the blinkers the owners are wearing seem to forget Coventry and Warwickshire has a hardcore of CRFC fans, whilst also a lot of other fans already with allegiances to more 'local' teams than Wasps and these allegiances wont change.

I would hazard a guess that the rose tinted spectacles that the owners of Wasps have, talking about dominating the league, and Europe will prove sadly misguided and they will remain the busted flush that they currently are, enjoying regular mid-table mediocrity whilst local neighbours Saints and the Tigers enjoy the spoils.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And this is why this board is so damn shite now. I report back, factually, from a meeting I was privy to, and carefully add the wording 'please note well, this is not my view - I am reporting back what was told last night'; and people pass it off within a handful of posts as my view, my propaganda, my spin. At least Grendel has the decency to wait a few months before misrepresenting folk

Moff

And this is why this board is so damn shite now. I report back, factually, from a meeting I was privy to, and carefully add the wording 'please note well, this is not my view - I am reporting back what was told last night'; and people pass it off within a handful of posts as my view, my propaganda, my spin. At least Grendel has the decency to wait a few months before misrepresenting folk

I appreciated your feedback from the meeting, and I hope you continue to feedback what others have said regarding this matter.

Raggs

Why not look longer term and see how the rest of the season pans out? I think the blinkers the owners are wearing seem to forget Coventry and Warwickshire has a hardcore of CRFC fans, whilst also a lot of other fans already with allegiances to more 'local' teams than Wasps and these allegiances wont change.

I would hazard a guess that the rose tinted spectacles that the owners of Wasps have, talking about dominating the league, and Europe will prove sadly misguided and they will remain the busted flush that they currently are, enjoying regular mid-table mediocrity whilst local neighbours Saints and the Tigers enjoy the spoils.

Longer term is the most important thing. And how Wasps play in this first match will probably be one of the largest influences on how successful they'll be for the rest of the season. Wasps have only just started being able to tempt quality players, have a number of our best extending contracts, and currently have the smallest coaching staff in the AP. Even without amazing straight off success, just a small amount of extra funds will allow them to start developing a lot better.

fernandopartridge

Good to see Wasps fans getting the poor attendance excuses in early. Perhaps both Wasps and CCFC could have a competition for the lamest excuse for a poor attendance.

italiahorse

One mile outside Cov, yes. Five miles outside Cov, yes. 85 miles like Wasps, no. That's when the hypocrisy comes to the fore from people on here. Like you they say I'm not going to see CCFC if they build outside the City boundaries, yet stick up for Lucas for moving a team 85 miles into a stadium that was built for the City's football club.

You have a go at me when I'm "challenged" yet you bend over backwards to stick up for ACL and the Council, who are just as culpable for our mess. Like I said, Wasps have paid less for a 250 year lease than we have paid in rent since the Arena opened. Do you agree with that? Is that fair to the City's football club? IS it fair that a London team gets a deal that we didn't get? And before you drone on about "it's all SISUs fault, blah, blah, blah". Yes, it is SISUs fault but they won't be here forever and the decision the Council have now made will haunt us for a hell of a lot longer than SISU have.

Sisu didn't want it fairly so someone else stepped in FFS
Sisu are the biggest reason here, how has it become equal blame?

fernandopartridge

Aww

letsallsingtogether

One mile outside Cov, yes. Five miles outside Cov, yes. 85 miles like Wasps, no. That's when the hypocrisy comes to the fore from people on here. Like you they say I'm not going to see CCFC if they build outside the City boundaries, yet stick up for Lucas for moving a team 85 miles into a stadium that was built for the City's football club.

You have a go at me when I'm "challenged" yet you bend over backwards to stick up for ACL and the Council, who are just as culpable for our mess. Like I said, Wasps have paid less for a 250 year lease than we have paid in rent since the Arena opened. Do you agree with that? Is that fair to the City's football club? IS it fair that a London team gets a deal that we didn't get? And before you drone on about "it's all SISUs fault, blah, blah, blah". Yes, it is SISUs fault but they won't be here forever and the decision the Council have now made will haunt us for a hell of a lot longer than SISU have.

Chill out we are where we are,I have been told that much bullshit by our owners that I just don't trust them full stop.

So yes I do have a more one sided view don't disagree but that is because they were the main reason for us being in this mess.

Didn't agree with the Ricoh sale
Didn't Agree with sixfields move
Don't agree with moving out of the City no matter how far.

I have stood by my principals have demonstrated blew whistles tied ribbons stood on the Hill got grief from posters have been threatened at games for doing things that they believed were a waste of time.

Ultimately Sisu are the ones to blame.

Me and my friends have been to over 10 meeting with Tim and co.

We told them to buy the Ricoh.
We told them to come back before it is too late.
We told them to speak to the Fans.
We told them to put their offers plans etc out in the open.
We told them they need to build bridges to get the fans back on side.

They agreed with this every time we met yet did nothing.
We now know that they were not interested in any of these and just wanted to carry on in their own way.
Well fair play to them they got what they actually wanted?

torchomatic

To be honest it should not matter to us what the percentage of fucking blame is. We are where we are and because of SISU and CCC/ACL we will never have a slice of the Ricoh in our lifetimes. Or that of our kids, or grandkids, or greatgrandkids....

Now, I know you have the "ha! ha! ha! ha!" attitude about it all, but as I said to LAST - and I thank him for his reasoned and eloquent reply - things have now changed. Regardless of what SISU did, the council's little masterplan will have a far, far longer affect on the football club we support. That's a hell of a lot more important than percentages of blame.

Sisu didn't want it fairly so someone else stepped in FFS
Sisu are the biggest reason here, how has it become equal blame?

NorthernWisdom

Two things. Firstly, whatever the number, they're not freebies. Even for RFU-affiliated clubs, the deal is buy 10 and get 2 free; so pay for 8. They're not being scattered around like confetti.

Is that compulsory? Because I'd have assumed whatever else you do, for the first game you hand tickets out at schools, you offer them as prizes, you do whatever it takes to get a big crowd.

Surely they'd be given dispensation to do this for the first game, even if they weren't allowed to for any other? Because from a RFU perspective if they allow this move and it falls flat on its face, it's a disaster. Surely they *have* to make sure the start is as big a crowd as possible so the perception is it'll be a success, and they can build momentum?

A crowd of 6k v London irish doesn't guarantee failure any more than a crowd of 25k guarantees success, but it's a lot easier to work with some forward momentum...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

.....and lets all give our cash to MK Franchise.

hinkleee boyz

Bit of an exaggeration there Moff about Cov and Warwickshire having a hardcore of CRFC fans! I would suggest that the only 'hardcore' CRFC fans reside in Coventry. Their 'bumper' gate remember was just 1,300 last week. Cov and Warwickshire has a lot of other reasonable clubs, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Barkers, Broadstreet, Leamington, Kenilworth, Rugby etc. Rugby fans in those areas are more likely to continue to watch them AND attend the occasional AP game at the Ricoh on Sundays, particularly the big games.

Bannister

I know of at least 3 coachloads of supporters already confirmed from a Sth Warwickshire club for the 21st Dec match. Also the CEO of Wasps met representatives of local clubs last night and confirmed that over 15k tickets had been sold.

letsallsingtogether

I know of at least 3 coachloads of supporters already confirmed from a Sth Warwickshire club for the 21st Dec match. Also the CEO of Wasps met representatives of local clubs last night and confirmed that over 15k tickets had been sold.

And only 2 0f the local clubs invited never turned up.

Users who are viewing this thread