Match Thread Sunderland - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Dec (1 Viewer)

Boicey

We remain a bit of an oddball team. With a chaotic midfield and 2 very raw strikers who we basically don’t really understand.
We seem to be saved by a bit of flare from attacking midfield and by an increasingly solid formation. Nice to see Robins improved use of subs.
We need to sign up COH and Bidwell, another central midfielder in January and hope something clicks with Wright, Simms.

Martin180

We remain a bit of an oddball team. With a chaotic midfield and 2 very raw strikers who we basically don’t really understand.
We seem to be saved by a bit of flare from attacking midfield and by an increasingly solid formation. Nice to see Robins improved use of subs.
We need to sign up COH and Bidwell, another central midfielder in January and hope something clicks with Wright, Simms.
Wright is playing well to be fair , I know he’s still clumsy and awkward but he was involved in the goals today

Nuskyblue

At 3-0 all I could think about is how close the game was and that we were lucky to get the 3 points.

In the end, we won the game comfortably and we’re the better team who created the better chances.

It was by no means the perfect performance but Sunderland didn’t offer much despite a couple of chances after the HT break.

Thank you for the Xmas 3 points City and what a game to be at!
I'll thank them for their gift which was their abysmal finishing.

There was parallels to the Boro game at home, this was less even. We were very poor for spells but that O'Hare majick about the box saved us. Sign that boy up ASAP. He has literally been the difference I swear.

Merry Christmas Sky Blues.

Commiserations to the lurking mackems. Enjoy your blue drink and dippers this Christmas, ta for the 4 points.

fatso

Winning ugly is quite satisfying.

5 points from Soton, Leeds and Sunderland is a good return!
We didn't need to play well to beat Sunderland, they looked very poor.

For all their possession they looked weak upfront, and crumbled at the back when under pressure.

We were no where near our best today, we gave the ball away far too easily and too often, but still banged in 3 goals.
If only we could play them every week.

Looking forward to Boxing day, but I think Sheffield Wednesday could be a tougher nut to crack than Sunderland.

Offhegoes

We looked so more solid when Eccles came on. Just not sold om Allen at CM especially away from home.
Front 3 ware superb, and O’Hare although not at full form was a menace. Palmer brilliant when he came on

hill83

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

IMG_5865.jpeg

Martin180

We looked so more solid when Eccles came on. Just not sold om Allen at CM especially away from home.
Front 3 ware superb, and O’Hare although not at full form was a menace. Palmer brilliant when he came on
I like Allen but don’t feel he’s best utilised playing deeper . Eccles played well when he came on and Lati again showed his versatility

wingy

We didn't need to play well to beat Sunderland, they looked very poor.

For all their possession they looked weak upfront, and crumbled at the back when under pressure.

We were no where near our best today, we gave the ball away far too easily and too often, but still banged in 3 goals.
If only we could play them every week.

Looking forward to Boxing day, but I think Sheffield Wednesday could be a tougher nut to crack than Sunderland.
I think we'll see quite a turnover of players up there.

TomRad85

Don’t take the bait. It’s online nonsense.
I took the bait ages ago tbf. They wanted a rivalry and they've got it... not working out very well for them though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Been out for most of the day so only managed to listen to bits and pieces of the game on the radio but wow, what a result. Best win of the season by some distance. Seems that we’re really starting to kick on now. Last two play-off places seem like they’re a massive free for all again this season, definitely there for the taking.

Disappointed to see some reports of Bradley Lowery chants from our fans, would like to hope that we didn’t sink that low and it’s just Sunderland fans being Sunderland fans.

ms639

A solid enough performance away from home. 3-0 probably flattered us slightly but nice to see us be clinical.

Ellis Simms was truly truly woeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Been out for most of the day so only managed to listen to bits and pieces of the game on the radio but wow, what a result. Best win of the season by some distance. Seems that we’re really starting to kick on now. Last two play-off places seem like they’re a massive free for all again this season, definitely there for the taking.

Disappointed to see some reports of Bradley Lowery chants from our fans, would like to hope that we didn’t sink that low and it’s just Sunderland fans being Sunderland fans.

Did not hear that.

Martin180

I truly hope that isn’t true

TomRad85

Yeah, but turn your phone off and then how does that rivalry feel.
As a semi regular poster on this forum I think its fair of you to assume I don't turn my phone off much.
In seriousness I'm not proud that they've got me, but I do hate them and I don't see that changing soon.

pusbccfc

Sunderland fan throwing a bottle at the Coventry players at the end and the police officer just stood still.

hill83

As a semi regular poster on this forum I think its fair of you to assume I don't turn my phone off much.
In seriousness I'm not proud that they've got me, but I do hate them and I don't see that changing soon.

To be fair I’m fully onboard with what you are saying but trying a new perspective hence posting less on here.

TomRad85

To be fair I’m fully onboard with what you are saying but trying a new perspective hence posting less on here.
Tbf I think I have been posting less but its still arguably too much

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread