Sunderland fans still at it!! (1 Viewer)

Travs

When the 2006 World Cup was on I decided against going out to Germany with my mates (their view was that if we went out in the group stages we could set fire to the minibus outside the stadium and come home on the ferry), and went down to Greece with a mate who was hopefully a little less "fiery"....

Obviously spending every day from midday until the early hours of the morning in various bars watching football, led to some memorable moments (a dust up with a Spurs fan during the Trinidad & Tobago match) and a riotous night on the Sweden match. In the early hours after the Sweden match we were doing our 2nd 'lap of honour' round the square (a shot in each of the many bars surrounding the square), when we bumped into a football fan with his girlfriend, and proceeded to talk football for a while. All was going well until he told us he was a Sunderland fan. I'd already built up a bit of a dislike for them, and rattled off a few choice words, culminating in me calling him a "disgrace"..... to which he stormed off in a mood, leaving his (stunning) girlfriend with me and my mate.

Imagine my surprise about midday the next day when we were on about our 6th Erdinger of the morning, when he appeared with his lady at our swimming pool, he was staying at out hotel. I actually said hello to him but he wasn't in the mood for a chat with us. That day was another which descended into chaos, being so pissed I missed the Holland v Argentina match, which was just about the only group match I'd really wanted to see in the whole fortnight.

Terry Gibson's perm

When the 2006 World Cup was on I decided against going out to Germany with my mates (their view was that if we went out in the group stages we could set fire to the minibus outside the stadium and come home on the ferry), and went down to Greece with a mate who was hopefully a little less "fiery"....

Obviously spending every day from midday until the early hours of the morning in various bars watching football, led to some memorable moments (a dust up with a Spurs fan during the Trinidad & Tobago match) and a riotous night on the Sweden match. In the early hours after the Sweden match we were doing our 2nd 'lap of honour' round the square (a shot in each of the many bars surrounding the square), when we bumped into a football fan with his girlfriend, and proceeded to talk football for a while. All was going well until he told us he was a Sunderland fan. I'd already built up a bit of a dislike for them, and rattled off a few choice words, culminating in me calling him a "disgrace"..... to which he stormed off in a mood, leaving his (stunning) girlfriend with me and my mate.

Imagine my surprise about midday the next day when we were on about our 6th Erdinger of the morning, when he appeared with his lady at our swimming pool, he was staying at out hotel. I actually said hello to him but he wasn't in the mood for a chat with us. That day was another which descended into chaos, being so pissed I missed the Holland v Argentina match, which was just about the only group match I'd really wanted to see in the whole fortnight.

I wanted the story to end he left his girlfriend with us and she left our hotel room the next morning walking like John Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread