Super Jim O'Brien (1 Viewer)

Speedies_Chips

Seems a different/better player now that he isn't captain and therefore not trying to do everything himself.

I think Vincelot's signing is allowing him (and Fleck) to do what they do best. Well done TM.

rupert_bear

Agree and he was one I thought Mowbray is looking to replace with his quest for pacey wide players. Again he is under a different class of manager and coaches and it shows

skybluetony176

I'll be watching O'Brien with interest on Tuesday. I don't think you could ever criticise his work rate last season, it just never seemed to gain us anything. He's in a very different team in terms of set up and direction this season and his game seems to be benefiting from it. That on it's own could be a good yard stick on the progress we're making.

Hobo

You are only as good as the players around you. Yes, last year JOB was trying to cover too many bases. This year there is more movement from players off the ball giving him more options when he is on it. We also have more players who can pick a pass to feed his running off it.

Tudgay was superb in the build up to JOBs goal on Saturday. Easy to forget when Armstrong had played so well.

Users who are viewing this thread