Surprised by some of our future 'fans' (1 Viewer)

shazula

Facebook User
This is my first post on here. Thought it was a good idea to offer Kids for a Quid to encourage parents to bring future supporters to a game. However, my opinion changed in the second half.
I'm a season ticket holder in Block 20 and 2 rows behind us there was a group of 4 kids (aged about 7-8) with what I presume was one of their fathers.
In the 2nd half after Marlon missed a comparatively easy shot one of the kids shouted out that Marlon should go back to prison and continued to comment on his past.
Is this the future Sky Blue supporter that we wish to encourage to attend when King is our leading goalscorer?

oakey

Yes it is.
Do you want kids to come but not express an opinion?
Are you going to filter out those who have opinions you disagree with?
I don't like any City player being slagged off...but it's all about opinions.

SkyBlueUkeman

It would have been better one of the kids took the end of their fag, flicked it at a stewards face and swaggered off down the stairs, strolled up to Marlon King and just gave him the V's.

I mean, it would be shocking, but my word it would have been hilarious.

Richard Smith

your right on the opion oakey but at the same time i can see what yor saying shazula i think its more down to the parents and what there letting there chirlden get away with saying.

gouldberg

It's not ideal having someone saying negative things about the club from the stands, but I'm sure there are people that have the same opinion as that lad that have been up the Ricoh for years. It's not just the 'new' fans.

To balance this out, I think I should add that there was a young lad in the row in front of me today in Block 22 with his Dad singing and chanting his head off all game. He knew the Play Up Sky Blues song off by heart and had even made a little sign on a sheet of A4 paper. Clearly nobody even close to the pitch would have seen it, but the sentiment was there. With lads like him turning up, the schemes to bring in new fans are fine by me. To every 1 of the anti-King new fans you spotted today, there will be a bunch of energetic pro-Coventry fans turning up for the first time too. Nice to see some diversity and new opinions in the crowd today.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im afraid that this is what we have got to expect with the way most kids are brought up today! Lose count how many times you see kids of a young age strolling round with a swagger. Their parents couldnt give a dam, and they usually encourage them!!

Im no parent myself, but it does concern me when youngsters are allowed to do such yobbish things!!

Im not old myself, but can still see the failures in some upbringings!!

Im not going to stereotype all kids into this category, but it does seem all to familiar now a days!

Rant over yobs over!! :D

Covstu

I am sorry folks but i think this is certainly the minority rather than the majority of kids these days. I see lots of well behaved kids who love city and want to be playing in a city shirt.

tippex9

Yep I can balance that out too. Took a 9 year old 'Chelsea fan' yesterday. He loved it, up and down out of his seat all game. He told me he's going to ask his mum for one of those cards so he can go to every game!!! Lol

I'll be campaigning on his behalf.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
They are just kids, probably emulating their uneducated father anyway ! Wait until they get to 17 or 18 to judge them.... I personally can't stand going to a game and having some stupid teenager swearing and making things unpleasant, but kids I will give the benefit of the doubt. Still i'm sure the majority of kids go to just have fun :)

Macca

It sounds quite funny protecting our shrinking violet Marlon against a 7 year old who is probably copying what he has heard elsewhere :)

Nick

Administrator
Last week there was a bloke who took his kids who kept standing up to call King a "black c**t" in front of his kids. I wonder how his kids will turn out. Probably with me the taxpayer funding their 12 kids and drug habit no doubt!

im-confused

The kids really annoy me. You hear them making totally untrue comments, and it seems as if they think that every game should be like a top class premiership game. Either that or they think football should be like fifa.

Nick

Administrator
The kids really annoy me. You hear them making totally untrue comments, and it seems as if they think that every game should be like a top class premiership game. Either that or they think football should be like fifa.

Very true. Nothing annoys me more than people who know nothing about football shouting stuff.

Nonleagueherewecome

There's two pretty annoying kids sat near me, but they are quite entertaining at times. Whenever the King song is sung by opposing fans, they start up with their version of "she said yes". And when the old geezer sat near me shouts his weekly "sack the board!", they join in, attempting to match his grizzzled delivery, but with a tinge of sarcasm. Cracks me right up.

Of course, it's not actually possible to "sack the board". I think the kids know this, but the old geezer hasn't grasped it...

jim20

I took my 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son for the first time at the end of last season, and there were several kids behind me with one fat lady, and all game they were using the C word, fing and blinding, threatening to kill the players, chop off colemans testicles. I asked them at half time to tone down the language and they started spitting and me and threatining my children, I spoke to the stewards and they refused to do anything, so I had to take my children home, I can't subject them to this abuse. It is a disgrace

Covstu

thats just not good, doesnt encourage kids to come up and watch if they are subject to that kind of abuse!

Users who are viewing this thread