Swansea ball boy gets a kicking (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

So he walked up to him and just kicked him? No attempt for the ball?

No, he was trying to get the ball. But didn't. He kicked him. I get the ball boy didn't help the situation, but hazard could have gone about it better.

Nick

Administrator
No, he was trying to get the ball. But didn't. He kicked him. I get the ball boy didn't help the situation, but hazard could have gone about it better.

Yes he probably could but was in the monent of a semi final and just wanted the ball and was trying to get the ball and looking back i bet he thinks it was wrong!

It wasnt like he just ran up and booted a 5 year old in the face!

Macca

Footballers, they do what they want, get over it. Unless of course it would have been to a city ball boy at which point a nuclear armed indignation bomb would have gone off

Otis

Yes he probably could but was in the monent of a semi final and just wanted the ball and was trying to get the ball and looking back i bet he thinks it was wrong!

Which was kind of what I was getting at.

Read the headline and it will sound 100 times worse that it actually was.

Tad

Maybe the poor lad was confused. It was an amazing try after all...

ccfc92

As in wrong to do it, or wrong to get sent off? And I know, it wasn't random, but he should have thought better.

ccfc92

Sorry, just to clarify, I never said he was 5. Definition of child is someone aged 17 and under. Sorry I don't know his age, date of birth, and blood type.

Otis

Thought 'a child' was under 16 not 17?

Okay, just looked it up and it says 18.

Bit surprising that cos you can get married at 16.

Does that mean you can marry a child?:(

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ball boy was being a dick so hazard thought he would give him a cheeky kick in the ribs. Was never going to get away with it

Paxman II

This come back in 4o years as an assault charge no doubt. ;)

The hypocracy at the moment though if you think about it. Police charge man in crowd for yelling racial abuse (no actual harm done) yet ignore charges of footballer kicking out at child? Well I never.

TBH though if you study what happens here closely ypou will realise that the ball boy (wrong in his actions) does shield the ball and hazzard merely attempts to locate it and kick out from underhim. He achieves this successfully and retrieves the ball. No malice intended.

So down to the silly powers that be to settle it which they have appeared to have done. But we are talking mega rich football club and footballer here so something tells me someone may try to change that kids mind? :(

Personally? No harm done, ball boy stupid in the first place. Charged up moment but move on nothing going on here.

Sutty

People who are getting so worked up about a 22 year old giving a little kick to a 17 year old need to spend some time in Glasgow. All that was missing was the bottle of buckfast.

Seriously though, heated moment, stupid action, apology issued. Ban him, fine him, end of story. Doesn't need to be any more than that. No doubt we'll get another dragged out media circus though and yet more football stories that aren't football stories.

Otis

Here we go ...... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

BBC Breakfast .... 'Coming up, the shocking moment where a Chelsea player kicks a ball boy.'

Shocking moment? :facepalm::facepalm:

Sky Blues

To me it looks like he tries to kick the ball out from underneath the ball boy but misses.

As I said earlier, mountain out of a molehill.

Shake hands, give the ball boy a gift voucher and soon as his electronic tag is removed he can go and shop at Argos and buy a duffle bag.

Which one is tagged in this scenario? TBF, I'm not sure either of them need an Argos voucher. The ball boy's dad is reportedly Martin Morgan, Swansea Football Club director and, I believe, owner of the poshest hotel in Swansea. Where, coincidentally, a certain team in blue were rumoured to be staying last night... Oh to be a fly on the wall!

Tad

He's on twitter: @CHARLIEM0RGAN

He seems like a bit of knob to me...

Otis

Poshest hotels?That means nowt though.

Peter Stringfellow owns one of the poshest nightclubs, but when he was younger he was a tie salesman and barber and car mechanic, and spent time in prison and and whose dad was a steelworker.

Otis

Well said Pat Nevin.

Having a bit of a row with Mike Bushell live on the BBC.

Talking of 'perspective' and that the lad shouldn't be allowed to be a ball boy considering he is 17 and called him a disgrace.

Also, like me, said that Hazard was clearly trying to kick the ball from under him.

The bloke got sent off, there's been handshakes since and unsurprisingly, the ball boy is not going to press charges.

Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

Sub

the only thing that i was suprised about was that hazard never went down claiming he was fouled like most of the chelsea players do when they are hardly touched anywhere near the box
;):whistle::whistle:

Sky Blues

Poshest hotels?That means nowt though.

Peter Stringfellow owns one of the poshest nightclubs, but when he was younger he was a tie salesman and barber and car mechanic, and spent time in prison and and whose dad was a steelworker.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't making any comment on wealth and behaviour, but was querying, in jest, wealth and choice of shop. But you might be right: Maybe the footballer or the ball boy likes to shop at Argos... Who knows? Not I.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
All blown out of proportion IMO. Hazard tried to get the ball from under the "boy". Not an assault. Hazard gets a red card, Morgan misses out on an Oscar!

Otis

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't making any comment on wealth and behaviour, but was querying, in jest, wealth and choice of shop. But you might be right: Maybe the footballer or the ball boy likes to shop at Argos... Who knows? Not I.

Yep, sorry, misunderstood.

Thought you were making out that as the family was rich the lad couldn't be a chav and would get his duffle bag from Fortnum and Mason rather than Argos.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Yep, sorry, misunderstood.

Thought you were making out that as the family was rich the lad couldn't be a chav and would get his duffle bag from Fortnum and Mason rather than Argos.

I dunno. All these posh shops with double names..... Fornum AND Mason, Marks AND Spencers......... We're just off to Tes AND Co to get our weekly shopping!

Otis

Reminds me of a silly old joke. Think it was Ken Dodd who said it many years ago.

Queue of people lining up at a building site for a job. First one goes to the counter .....

Building Site Manager: 'Name please!'

Man: FW Woolworth.

Building Site Manager: 'I've no time for time wasters! Next!'

Man2: 'Hello.'

Man2: 'JS Sainsbury.

Building Site Manager: 'No time wasters I said! Next!'

Man3: 'Hello.'

Man3: 'JD Wetherspoon.'

Building Site Manager: 'Next!'

Man4: 'Hello.'

Man 4: 'Ken.'

Building Site Manager: 'That's better! Surname?

Man 5: 'Tuckyfriedchicken.'

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Storm in a teacup really. Ballboy's a twat and was quickly shown up when it was basically hinted at beforehand on his account and how he rolled over and appealed to the referee Busquets-style. Hazard was immensely thick and looked like he was trying to poke the ball out but obviously caught the ballboy, albeit with the force you'd use to get someone's attention with your toe. The red card is right, but that's about it.

To hear it being equated with child abuse is hilarious, not just because there are about three years between the two involved. It's closer to child abuse when John Terry gives Hazard a reducer in training.

Nick

Administrator
There is one at the Ricoh who looks about 17 as well.

It is nice to see the press making a mountain out of a molehill. the sun say that he has booted a ball boy.

Look at the state of this:

ipbd8GD5P5EhD.gif

If anything, the lad / bloke has shown himself up!

ajsccfc

I know the one you mean at the Ricoh. He was in shorts like a lunatic last home game, so there's no way he'd be rolling around like a queen if that happened to him.

Nick

Administrator
I know the one you mean at the Ricoh. He was in shorts like a lunatic last home game, so there's no way he'd be rolling around like a queen if that happened to him.

That's the one, usually sits texting all game!

WillieStanley

I know the one!! He wears shorts wind rain or shine... Obviously because he's proper hard, like.

Users who are viewing this thread