Swansea goal (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

Only if we get 3 points away to Boro will I accept this draw with Swansea. We squandered an opportunity today. I don’t think there are many other teams out there that are as charitable as we have been vs Swansea and Huddersfield. Think we’ve given up around 10 or more points from winning positions (if you consider Swansea away, Preston, Southampton, Hull, heck even Leicester) this season which is so frustrating.

BrisbaneBronco

Would have expected 4 points from Swansea and Boro so win on Monday and all is forgiven. More annoyed at the first goal tbh. Comical defending. Just knew Swansea would equalise once we sat back and stopped pressing. Still confident we will reach the play offs.

Sky Blue Pete

Only if we get 3 points away to Boro will I accept this draw with Swansea. We squandered an opportunity today. I don’t think there are many other teams out there that are as charitable as we have been vs Swansea and Huddersfield. Think we’ve given up around 10 or more points from winning positions (if you consider Swansea away, Preston, Southampton, Hull, heck even Leicester) this season which is so frustrating.
Most teams the same matey

Flying Fokker

Given that we were rebuilding the first 15 games, I think, on balance that we are well placed. Here’s hoping the other teams slump. It will take something like that to help with our efforts. A bit of luck along the way and we’ll be somewhere near the play-offs.

SBAndy

Just seen from behind goal for me wall broke Sheaf and Callum left a hole and goalie probably unsighted , very frustrating . Just to cheer us up only 3 lge defeats in the whole of 2023 not bad PUSB

Also seen it again this morning, O’Hare and Sheaf aren’t in the wall. Talk of the wall is a bit of misdirection, the guy has hit it the other side. It’s definitely on Collins.

robbiethemole

It looked to me in block 28 like the guy initiated the contact with Sheaf and went over and the ref bought it! He’d been lenient all game and was conned for the only one that mattered.
I thought Collins was one step too close to the centre of goal, so not really at fault, but I still thought he’d got to it.
The only person to blame is the crappy ref who let them get get away with fouling and tripping all game

clint van damme

Also seen it again this morning, O’Hare and Sheaf aren’t in the wall. Talk of the wall is a bit of misdirection, the guy has hit it the other side. It’s definitely on Collins.

Sheaf was in the wall, it looks like a Swansea player breaks away from the wall to create a gap.

Not sure who's at fault for not reacting to it but it's basic stuff.

SBAndy

The main error was Sheafs trip on the Swansea player, we can point fingers at wall position and goalkeeper but sticking his leg in needlessly from behind
And he did gave the Swansea lad the chance to go down.

The guy’s almost on the floor before Sheaf even makes an attempt to tackle.

It looked to me in block 28 like the guy initiated the contact with Sheaf and went over and the ref bought it! He’d been lenient all game and was conned for the only one that mattered.
I thought Collins was one step too close to the centre of goal, so not really at fault, but I still thought he’d got to it.
The only person to blame is the crappy ref who let them get get away with fouling and tripping all game

One step too close to centre as starting position. Then takes the crucial step to his right, behind the wall. That’s absolutely on him.

Frostie

Doesn’t reflect well on the keeper that
It's appalling.
It's literally impossible to get the ball over the wall & down again so he can't score that side so keeper should stand the other. Absolutely basic. We've just allowed him a free shot at goal.

Even more frustratingly, it's a clear dive for the free-kick too.

Frostie

I cant work out from that picture if O'Hare was on the end of the wall and got pushed to make the gap, I don't think he has but can't be sure.

It all looks very amateurish either way.
A little but Collins has intentionally set his wall like that. He wants a gap so that he can have a clear sight of the ball, the problem is he's too far over giving himself far too much to do.

Sky Blue Pete

A little but Collins has intentionally set his wall like that. He wants a gap so that he can have a clear sight of the ball, the problem is he's too far over giving himself far too much to do.
Yep one step too far to the right for me
He’ll know that
Still good shot to hit corner

Brighton Sky Blue

It's appalling.
It's literally impossible to get the ball over the wall & down again so he can't score that side so keeper should stand the other. Absolutely basic. We've just allowed him a free shot at goal.

Even more frustratingly, it's a clear dive for the free-kick too.
If it goes over the wall and back down what he’s done there won’t work either. Really disappointing stuff

Astute

Given that we were rebuilding the first 15 games, I think, on balance that we are well placed. Here’s hoping the other teams slump. It will take something like that to help with our efforts. A bit of luck along the way and we’ll be somewhere near the play-offs.

We don't need other teams to slump. All we have to do is continue as we are doing now.

Go back to last season. We kept drawing. The draws kept us at about the same place. The wins made a big difference. Teams have to play each other around us all the time. Only 1 side can win or just 1 point each. Then you get the surprise results. We've drawn a few lately but are still slowly climbing the table. And there's still nearly half a season to go.

Astute

Doesn’t reflect well on the keeper that

The picture doesn't show everything. There was no gap until the last second. Look at the attacker to the right of the gap. He had suddenly moved to the side taking the defender with him. A training ground routine that paid off.

Brighton Sky Blue

The picture doesn't show everything. There was no gap until the last second. Look at the attacker to the right of the gap. He had suddenly moved to the side taking the defender with him. A training ground routine that paid off.
What I meant was that the keeper ought to be able to reach the corner from his position.

SBAndy

If O’Hare is deemed in the wall, then it’s a foul and an indirect free kick.

stupot07

The main error was Sheafs trip on the Swansea player, we can point fingers at wall position and goalkeeper but sticking his leg in needlessly from behind
And he did gave the Swansea lad the chance to go down.
He didn't trip him it was a dive. Just like the one Godden did against Fulham.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Astute

What I meant was that the keeper ought to be able to reach the corner from his position.
Hit hard and low from 20 yards. If it's that easy to save from that distance why bother with a wall?

Take a look at the shot in real time. Less than a second to see where the ball is going and then get to it.

Sick Boy

Sheaf was in the wall, it looks like a Swansea player breaks away from the wall to create a gap.

Not sure who's at fault for not reacting to it but it's basic stuff.

The gap was there already, can only presume it was to give Collins sight of the ball.

Terry_dactyl

This is how it looked to me. Looked like a dive/that he was already going down.

Their first goal was all Allen. Yes he had to stretch for Sheaf’s pass but he’d recovered and then fucked it up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The gap was there already, can only presume it was to give Collins sight of the ball.
Then he puts himself behind Sheaf anyway.

The free kick was too close to get it up and down over the wall unless you are an elite kick taker. Collins should have made sure his side is covered.

There was only ever one position the swansea player was ever putting the ball with that set up.

Users who are viewing this thread