Swansea Pitch (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Live game on tele - Pitch looks fantastic
They share it with Ospreys rugger
wonder why ours is so bad

Leamington Pete

More likely than not it will be down to the use of lighting rigs to stimulate grass growth. Clubs who have money to throw at these things use them all the time and have a near perfect surface for most of the season.

shmmeee

More likely than not it will be down to the use of lighting rigs to stimulate grass growth. Clubs who have money to throw at these things use them all the time and have a near perfect surface for most of the season.

Wasn't there a photo of exactly this at the Ricoh the other day?

fernandopartridge

Wasps are the heading towards being the greatest club in Europe or whatever the latest line is

stupot07

Agree. But £100K covers very little for 50% of pitch use.
We also pay match day costs, which will contain an element towards pitch maintenance, along with utilities, cleaning, security, etc. Funny how people conveniently forget the matchday costs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Grass was longer for the last league game ( as they were playing the day after) then it was shorter for the Wycombe game which made for a better game

westofrayne

The pitch is a disgrace.

Due to the type of sports being played it will need replacing every year, last summer it was covered for concerts, loosing valuable growing/repairtime.

Although it looked ok in August, it hadn't fully recovered from last season. the dry warm autumn didn't help as when the weather changed quickly to cold, grass stopped growing, grass does not grow very well below 12 degrees.

The lighting rigs need to be used as soon as grass growth slows down, whenever the pitch is not in use, I'm assuming this didn't happen.

Wasps employed a company to advise them on the pitch, assuming they followed the advice, I would suggest they go back for a refund.

Pitches take a lot of maintenance which is costly, what have wasps paid out in terms of groundsman cost and materials/machinary? Has this been cut back from what the consultants have recommended? if yes then there's your problem. if not consultants are partly to blame.

another factor is the length of the grass, to me the pitch is cut too short, doing this causes problems during the winter periods.

someone said it needs rolling, this is one of the worse things you can do, compressing the top soil reduces root grow, meaning less grass. once the pitch gets to the state the ricoh is in now, the is very little you can do other than spike, drag, run the lights 24/7 and pray for warm weather.

I can go on and on about pitches and surfaces, I have built 5 pitches in my time from a cow fields and maintained them over an 8 year period. it takes a lot of hard work

Wasps have failed in their duty of providing an fit for purpose surface as part of the rental agreement.

italiahorse

Come on, its the clubs fault that Wasps owned and maintained sports pitch is in a poor condition. Fact. No point arguing it.

No it's the fans, the Wasps and now the grass that makes us so crap.
Nothing to do with under investment in the playing staff.

Moff

.... because we don't contribute perhaps ?
Wasps do use lighting rigs though I notice when I drive past.

Get over yourself, anything to defend Wasps. The pitch is crap end of.

Wasps charge us a rent we pay it. The pitch is still crap.

Swansea's pitch isn't crap. Our pitch is still crap.

Wasps bloody own the freehold its their responsibility, and the pitch is crap.

You try to deflect the blame from Wasps. The pitch is still crap.

(Don't try to muddy the waters by talking about anything but the pitch, its crap)

italiahorse

Get over yourself, anything to defend Wasps. The pitch is crap end of.

Wasps charge us a rent we pay it. The pitch is still crap.

Swansea's pitch isn't crap. Our pitch is still crap.

Wasps bloody own the freehold its their responsibility, and the pitch is crap.

You try to deflect the blame from Wasps. The pitch is still crap.

(Don't try to muddy the waters by talking about anything but the pitch, its crap)

Never said it wasn't crap ??
Just informing previous poster that we do use lighting rigs.
You've missed the point again.

olderskyblue

I guess highfield road was perfect all year round, every year then?

Moff

Never said it wasn't crap ??
Just informing previous poster that we do use lighting rigs.
You've missed the point again.

Coming from you and the dog abuse you get when you just trot out the usual banal Wasps defence is very rich. Its a tired old line of deflection as you constantly trawl out the same balls.

What is your point? apart from taking a sensible discussion off topic.

Its Wasp's responsibility and its crap. Deal with it. You've missed the point again.

Nice to know you are now Wasp's....'we do use lighting rigs' Paid up spokesman now are we?

fernandopartridge

A simpleton would make a comment like yours, surely ?
Are all people that watch rugby simpletons in your small mind ?
You are a simpleton.
I didn't see a post from you after Tuesday night, must really hurt you to see CCFC grabbing the headlines and confirming once again that it is number 1 sports team in Coventry.

stupot07

No it's the fans, the Wasps and now the grass that makes us so crap.
Nothing to do with under investment in the playing staff.
No its the wasps fault the pitch is in a terrible state. Stay on topic, plenty of other threads about how shit we are and who's to blame. Nice attempt at diversion though.

fernandopartridge

I guess highfield road was perfect all year round, every year then?
The point was a comparison between two pitches used by two teams. The Ricoh pitch is in desperate condition compared to the Liberty one. Simple as that.
Causes could be many and may include poor maintenance by Wasps amongst others.

italiahorse

Coming from you and the dog abuse you get when you just trot out the usual banal Wasps defence is very rich. Its a tired old line of deflection as you constantly trawl out the same balls.

What is your point? apart from taking a sensible discussion off topic.

Its Wasp's responsibility and its crap. Deal with it. You've missed the point again.

Nice to know you are now Wasp's....'we do use lighting rigs' Paid up spokesman now are we?

I can take the abuse as I point out the fault is not wasps for where we find ourselves.
I see 'we' as CCFC/Wasps/Ricoh as I still feel the stadium is ours when we play on it.
The people that put these threads off topic are the ones that give abuse when someone gives a counter perspective.

Is there a hidden list that Nick has put out to some that says what people want to hear on this board?

Moff

I can take the abuse as I point out the fault is not wasps for where we find ourselves.
I see 'we' as CCFC/Wasps/Ricoh as I still feel the stadium is ours when we play on it.
The people that put these threads off topic are the ones that give abuse when someone gives a counter perspective.

Is there a hidden list that Nick has put out to some that says what people want to hear on this board?

Fucking hell man get a grip. Is the pitch crap or not?

The Nick comment is pathetic. Grow up and stop being a childish prick. CAN YOU NOT KEEP SOMETHING ON TOPIC?

italiahorse

You are a simpleton.
I didn't see a post from you after Tuesday night, must really hurt you to see CCFC grabbing the headlines and confirming once again that it is number 1 sports team in Coventry.

So this is on topic ?
Why would a long standing CCFC season ticket holder want them to fail ?
You do know that you can support both CCFC and Wasps ?

On the subject, the pitch was the same for both teams and I only heard the away manager complain about it.

Moff

So this is on topic ?
Why would a long standing CCFC season ticket holder want them to fail ?
You do know that you can support both CCFC and Wasps ?

On the subject, the pitch was the same for both teams and I only heard the away manager complain about it.

No its not.
I do know you don't want the club to fail, but sometimes the way its written it could be misconstrued. (purely my opinion, I accept others may see it differently)
Yes sadly I accept some people will have such poor taste (joke)
The pitch is the same for both teams but is shocking. Surely it should be in a better state. It may be better for Rugby than football, but is very poor for football.

italiahorse

Fucking hell man get a grip. Is the pitch crap or not?

The Nick comment is pathetic. Grow up and stop being a childish prick. CAN YOU NOT KEEP SOMETHING ON TOPIC?

The pitch was crap but it was the same for both teams.
I started on topic but because I put some reasoning into it my support of Wasps comes into it.
Calm down.

Moff

The pitch was crap but it was the same for both teams.
I started on topic but because I put some reasoning into it my support of Wasps comes into it.
Calm down.

The point was the pitch, and its state, compared to the Liberty stadium.

I am calm. I had to use capitals as you seemed to have missed the point old chap. Using expletives was a form of stress relief in a previous life, its not everyone's cup of tea but sometimes I find it most agreeable.

italiahorse

No its not.
I do know you don't want the club to fail, but sometimes the way its written it could be misconstrued. (purely my opinion, I accept others may see it differently)
Yes sadly I accept some people will have such poor taste (joke)
The pitch is the same for both teams but is shocking. Surely it should be in a better state. It may be better for Rugby than football, but is very poor for football.

Perhaps I'm watching to much rugby where most grass based pitches are a lot worse than the Ricoh.

Watched Cov Welsh at the weekend and that was a bad pitch.

ae66e20d110e6820d614b86dd4305e51.jpg

7833de468561824c2ced0d8829b5b4e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Moff

Perhaps I'm watching to much rugby where most grass based pitches are a lot worse than the Ricoh.

Watched Cov Welsh at the weekend and that was a bad pitch.

ae66e20d110e6820d614b86dd4305e51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without the stands it looks just like the Ricoh pitch. Now that pitch is ideal for Rugby!

Users who are viewing this thread