Swindon Match Thread (1 Viewer)

stupot07

They seem more confident away from home.....why is that?

perhaps its because we don't have players good enough to control and breakdown the opposition, but can hit teams on the counter away from home? or are you suggesting its the fans fault they are crap at home?

robbiethemole

the master plan to bring in Webster to counteract their big striker failed in spectacular fashion tonight then. Webster stood like a scareceow as the big lad ran in front of him to score and he was even slower when he bundled the lad over for the pen. No clue about positional play or marking and no pace........................basically a feckin donkey.

I thought Pressley should have put Martin in the centre with Pennington and moved Willis to r/b, but he dont listen to anyone and lives in a bubble....TWAT he has to go.

Nonleagueherewecome

It was Nouble with the foul for the pen. Agree with everything else that you say, though.

robbiethemole

yes just realised it was Nouble, ut should he have been defending in our own box?? Webster just shouting and armwaving most of the game

Nonleagueherewecome

As I said at the time, one of the problems with playing a striker on the left wing is that he will have to defend at times-which obviously, he aint too good at! But at least he did graft today and he was one player who's head didn't drop.

Gazolba

Dross = waste matter, refuse, dregs
Dregs = the least valuable part of anything

thanks to my dictionary.

zigojacko

Well swindon have the best away record in the league , they have improved dramatically over the course of the season , wheras we are still inconsistent and sit 18th in league 1 . The performance at walsall gave me actual positives and if we play that way then who knows .
but i cant see it and i think we will be beaten and beaten well tonight ...Coventry 0-3 Swindon att.7500

Pretty much spot on!

gooner

watched the game on sky last night and it doesnt look good for you sad to say, plenty of heart but so any silly mistakes, but swindon are a good team so keep the faith . #pusb

SkyBlue_Bear83

Swindon should be the model for us, good links with Tottenham and other premier league clubs allowing them to loan in the best young talent and pick up those that don't quite make the grade at a premier league club. Recruit talent from the lower leagues, may require nominal transfer fees but shouldn't cost as much in wages as a Tudgay or a Jackson and then compliment that with the best of our academy.

RoboCCFC90

Frustrating times.. 7 points from the play offs and 4 points off from the relegation zone.. We need 3 back to back victories from Gillingham, Yeovil and Rochdale to have any hope..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Frustrating times.. 7 points from the play offs and 4 points off from the relegation zone.. We need 3 back to back victories from Gillingham, Yeovil and Rochdale to have any hope..

I admire your optimism.......but we're simply not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RoboCCFC90

I admire your optimism.......but we're simply not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I know exactly the point your stating Stupot, but I want to look up, rather than down and I'll continue to do so..

Grendel

Swindon should be the model for us, good links with Tottenham and other premier league clubs allowing them to loan in the best young talent and pick up those that don't quite make the grade at a premier league club. Recruit talent from the lower leagues, may require nominal transfer fees but shouldn't cost as much in wages as a Tudgay or a Jackson and then compliment that with the best of our academy.

Yes the loan recruits we have made from Arsenal Chelsea etc. have been very succesful.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes the loan recruits we have made from Arsenal Chelsea etc. have been very succesful.

There are good players there to be had if you know what you are doing and what you are looking for, and by building links with premier leagues and getting a good reputation for playing good football and developing players your more likely to get the top players rather than the cast offs we normally get. Unfortunately our manager couldn't spot a good player if it was handed to him on a plate.

Luongo, Obika, Byrne, Stephens, Toffolo, Turnbull, Swift all were either bought from a premier league club or loaned in from one. All played last night bar Luongo who is probably their best player.

stupot07

• 01 Foderingham (23) - undisclosed in Jan 2012 from Palace
  • 05 Stephens (20) - loan from Southampton
  • 02 Thompson (24) - Swindon Academy graduate
  • 06 Turnbull (20) - loan from Southampton
  • 03 Byrne (22) - free transfer Tottenham
  • 19 Thompson (20) -loan from Norwich
  • 07 Gladwin (22) - Free from Marlow
  • 15 Toffolo (19) - on loan from Norwich
  • 14 Swift (19) - on loan from Chelsea
  • 09 Smith (23) - undisclosed from Charlton Jan 2014
  • 10 Williams (28) - free from Yeovil
  • and i doubt they actually paid much for either Foderingham or Smith.

Last edited:

Gazolba

There are good players there to be had if you know what you are doing and what you are looking for, and by building links with premier leagues and getting a good reputation for playing good football and developing players your more likely to get the top players rather than the cast offs we normally get. Unfortunately our manager couldn't spot a good player if it was handed to him on a plate.

Luongo, Obika, Byrne, Stephens, Toffolo, Turnbull, Swift all were either bought from a premier league club or loaned in from one. All played last night bar Luongo who is probably their best player.

First, you need the connections, then you need to choose the players, then you need to motivate the players and gel them with the rest of the team. CCFC and SP have failed on all counts. I wonder if Swindon ever had a 'bomb squad'.

Gazolba

A win and two draws is the most I would hope for. More likely is one win, one defeat and one draw.

K

Kavomatovldag

Swindon Match T

Talk to Glowworm, Sann0638 or Hudson, they are all members of the Swindon league, amongst others.

wingy

Highlight of the night has to be the sight if all the chavs in flat caps or whatever they're called walking along the tesco stand closely followed by a hi viz :D
What an absurd over reaction there was to the whole thing
When that happened they got a right earful off me and promptly got to their knees

Nick

Administrator
What an absurd over reaction there was to the whole thing
When that happened they got a right earful off me and promptly got to their knees
Easy now! So glad you didn't say they got a mouthful and got to their knees

wingy

I was livid Nick
As dire as it had been me and the Weeman love to sit right at the front and get in the players earshot
Who wants to see a wall of orange lard
we left soon afterwards

Nonleagueherewecome

Nah, you want Wingy After Dark for that. It's a pay site, I believe ;)

ccfcway

"Monday's game showed us we've still got a lot of work to do to get to the top of the league and we'll strive to do that"

Users who are viewing this thread