Take That (1 Viewer)

simmouk

Administrator
So, who here, if anyone, went to watch Take That at the Ricoh?

I am in the very fortunate position of working for the club as a Steward and as such we were required to Steward for the concerts as well! Which meant I could catch glimpses of the show - and from what I saw - it was maybe, NEVERLY, the best spectacle I've ever seen! (in terms of gigs etc).

I'm not a massive Take That fan it has to be said, and I mainly new their "famous" songs and some of the modern ones like Shine and Rule The World etc, but it wasn't really about just the music, it was about the show and the performance and the display that was put on. And I have to say, it was absolutely amazing! On the first night my breath was taken away a bit because I just didn't know what to expect from it and my jaw hit the floor (not literally!)

Plus, as a perk of the job, I got to meet The Scipt on the Wednesday night, as their dressing room was up on the Corporate Stand :)

So, anyone else go? If so, what did you think?

simmouk

Administrator
I have to say I made myself a bootleg of the concert (from a 1 hour highlights show they did on Radio 1 from Wembley) and I do keep listening to the newer songs! I think there is a lot of nostalgia with the older stuff but it's not for me - I haven't actually for their latest album "The Circus" but I do like the songs from it, like Said It All and Rule The World. Shameful I know but what the hey!

simmouk

Administrator
Haha, fair enough! To be fair it's only because I was too lazy to put a new CD in the car, but I've rectified that now :)

simmouk

Administrator
Oi, No lol! I've got Elbow's latest album in, Seldom Seen Kid - went to see U2 in Sheffield the other day and they were AMAZING...and Elbow were one of the supports - never seen them live before and they blew me away!

Users who are viewing this thread