Takeover (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

Who was the cock on the radio who on Twitter said it would happen before Christmas?

trevelfarandwide

If we we're still in league two in two years time under new owners that would most likely be a league or two higher than we would under SISU in that same period. This decline under SISU is speeding up if you didn't notice.
Indeed, the decline has velocity and momentum, bit like Timmy making an exit from the Ricoh at the merest sniff of a protest.

Nothing but failure and a continued drop will be achieved via SISU's stewardship, because their operating method is one counter to investment and productivity - hopefully their recouping drive will end when our stint in L1 does, and maybe then they will finally, finally, fuck the fuck off.

L2 with new owners, a fresh young manager (Ricketts), eager young players and many prayers to God may indeed be something positive to ponder.

If we had our own ground, yes, I'd be even more optimistic, but who knows what's around the corner. I'd settle for deckchairs and torches on Gosford Green if it meant a revitalised CCFC, with no more failure in it's DNA.

Malaka

My insiders are no longer able to get information, I believe the OP as I was told it would be the new year, I wrongly assumed that it would be around the transfer window time and I was told that it was Red Bull. Technically, it is still the New Year and I'm pretty sure there is a lot of stuff to be ironed out before a takeover can be facilitated. My understanding was it was around the purchasing of the freehold, and if so, WASP's have a massive say

fernandopartridge

My insiders are no longer able to get information, I believe the OP as I was told it would be the new year, I wrongly assumed that it would be around the transfer window time and I was told that it was Red Bull. Technically, it is still the New Year and I'm pretty sure there is a lot of stuff to be ironed out before a takeover can be facilitated. My understanding was it was around the purchasing of the freehold, and if so, WASP's have a massive say

As far as I am aware the club / SISU hasn't made any statement about JR2 as yet? Or did I miss it?

RegTheDonk

Wasn't Lucas always banging on about the uncumbored freehold wasn't for sale? If they sold now after all the past statements wonder if thats basis for another round of legal shenanigans

Kingokings204

Wasn't Lucas always banging on about the uncumbored freehold wasn't for sale? If they sold now after all the past statements wonder if thats basis for another round of legal shenanigans

No it was joy sepalla who asked for the uncumbored freehold of the Ricoh and also in the same interview said she would never come back to the Ricoh and rent again. Clearly her word doesn't mean an awful lot. I've never forgiven her for that statement. After a year ccfc came back to rent again. She wouldn't let her word or morals get in the way of best for sisu. Obviously.

mark_ccfc

My understanding is that the council still own the freehold, WASPS only own the leasehold. I that case WASPS would have no say in it at all, it would be down to the council.

shmmeee

I suppose one good thing is that investment required for good div 4 players is far less than investment required for good Championship players.

Prize money for going up "should" go a long way to strengthening as you rise.

This is my hope. Someone comes in (or fan led consortium) with enough to get us up the top of L2, then a promotion campaign pushes up crowds enough to challenge in L1, then once you get to the Championship anything is possible. I think it was Bristols chairman I heard this morning say their revenue quadrupled between L1 and Champ and would do the same again if they got to the Prem. Most important is getting that winning feeling back IMO.

Malaka

My understanding is that the council still own the freehold, WASPS only own the leasehold. I that case WASPS would have no say in it at all, it would be down to the council.
True but as the lease holder, they have the right as tenant's to all income generated from parking etc. that is potentially a massive income stream that we need access to. Think about it, if you rented house and your landlord said, sorry Mark, but you are now sharing, you would have something to say about it. Hence, WASP's refusal to negotiate an extended period at the Ricoh with CCFC when the current agreement expires

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What is it that is thought to be being purchased? The Ricoh freehold? CCFC? Wasps? Wasps & CCFC ?

If someone buys the freehold at the Ricoh then that doesn't change that Wasps have a 250 year lease that entitles them to be on the site and the income streams for the next 250 years. So long as the leaseholder remains within the terms of the lease then the freeholder only has rights to the peppercorn rent it receives from the long lease. How does that help CCFC? Why would CCC want to sell there is little value in the Freehold as it stands, the value is all with the long lease

CCFC is being sold, how does that affect Wasps? what say have CCC or Wasps in who becomes the new owners of CCFC? - I would suggest little or none

Wasps being sold how does that change anything for CCFC? The freeholder can not arbitrarily change the nature or the terms of the long lease or dictate how income streams are shared? Wasps have no duty to share anything unless they want to no matter who owns the Ricoh freehold. Not sure why there is an assumption that Wasps is for sale.

Wasps & CCFC both being sold. Seriously think about it ...... where do the major assets lay,where are the major incomes, ..... then think as to who would be in control of any negotiation.

These rumours are centred on the BPA & CRFC if anything, I do not see how buying the Ricoh freehold forces Wasps to do anything at all or how it would benefit CCFC. I seriously doubt Wasps are for sale yet, or that they would be involved in projects driven by Fisher

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

Indeed, the decline has velocity and momentum, bit like Timmy making an exit from the Ricoh at the merest sniff of a protest.

Nothing but failure and a continued drop will be achieved via SISU's stewardship, because their operating method is one counter to investment and productivity - hopefully their recouping drive will end when our stint in L1 does, and maybe then they will finally, finally, fuck the fuck off.

L2 with new owners, a fresh young manager (Ricketts), eager young players and many prayers to God may indeed be something positive to ponder.

If we had our own ground, yes, I'd be even more optimistic, but who knows what's around the corner. I'd settle for deckchairs and torches on Gosford Green if it meant a revitalised CCFC, with no more failure in it's DNA.
I would love for someone to give me a rational explanation why Ricketts seems to be the next manager designate?
I have nothing against him at all but I am trying to find a reason to justify any elevation for him.

Last edited:

hill83

Most important is getting that winning feeling back IMO

Without doing the 'how long I've supported the club' nonsense. How far are we going back in time where we are getting the winning feeling 'back'. Because I've never known it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You know something is really fucked up with your club when you could be 3-0 up at half time, but still think the game isn't safe.

As it happens, we haven't been 3-0 up in ages, but even in some games recently (Wycombe for example), I was in the concourse at half time when we were winning 2-0, and was certain we'd blow it (we almost did)!

That winning feeling only kicks in once the whistle has gone, and up until that point it is not enjoyable whatsoever. I don't know why I bother half the fucking time come to think of it actually.

Ian1779

No it was joy sepalla who asked for the uncumbored freehold of the Ricoh and also in the same interview said she would never come back to the Ricoh and rent again. Clearly her word doesn't mean an awful lot. I've never forgiven her for that statement. After a year ccfc came back to rent again. She wouldn't let her word or morals get in the way of best for sisu. Obviously.

I agree.... I've not forgiven Lucas either.

NortonSkyBlue

Without doing the 'how long I've supported the club' nonsense. How far are we going back in time where we are getting the winning feeling 'back'. Because I've never known it.
Your comment made me think about that "that winning feeling" aside from the FA Cup win in 87, when we all hoped it was the start of something, all I can come up with is 77-78 when Ferguson and Wallace were on fire and we finished 7th and 69-70 when we got in to Europe and a spell under Strachan where it was good.
Up to 01 it was ultimately unappreciated but fair by and large with the great highs of staying up so often and some stand out results but since then I really feel for the younger fans and you have my utmost respect for hanging in there.
I used to think the term "win a few, lose a few" was coined for us, now it feels like a game without losing is a vintage period!

Captain Dart

Adding 2+2 together and making 5 this suggests she had Red Bull interested when she said that (3 1/2 years ago).

trevelfarandwide

I would love for someone to give me a rational explanation why Ricketts seems to be the next manager designate?
I have nothing against him at all but I am trying to find a reason to justify any elevation for him.
Given his comments regarding "next steps in his career" etc, coupled with Slade's inevitable exit between now and August, it's a theory based on nothing but logic and foresight.

He (Ricketts) could be given a chance to take over the managerial duties, it just seems likely to me. Whether he could have an impact or not is debatable...

SISU will, imo, look internally should Slade walk or get sacked.

shmmeee

Exactly. Any guesses about potential of the club looking at the last 30 years are meaningless. We've essentially been in a long slow decline almost as long as I've been alive.

trevelfarandwide

Your comment made me think about that "that winning feeling" aside from the FA Cup win in 87, when we all hoped it was the start of something, all I can come up with is 77-78 when Ferguson and Wallace were on fire and we finished 7th and 69-70 when we got in to Europe and a spell under Strachan where it was good.
Up to 01 it was ultimately unappreciated but fair by and large with the great highs of staying up so often and some stand out results but since then I really feel for the younger fans and you have my utmost respect for hanging in there.
I used to think the term "win a few, lose a few" was coined for us, now it feels like a game without losing is a vintage period!
Under Strachan, for me, we had our best-ish two seasons: 97-98 and 99-00. Plenty of memorable moments, for me personally. I still, to this day, maintain that had we won 5 or 6 away games in 99-00 we'd have been close to European Qualification.

clint van damme

True but as the lease holder, they have the right as tenant's to all income generated from parking etc. that is potentially a massive income stream that we need access to. Think about it, if you rented house and your landlord said, sorry Mark, but you are now sharing, you would have something to say about it. Hence, WASP's refusal to negotiate an extended period at the Ricoh with CCFC when the current agreement expires

Did you say in your initial posting Makala that RB wanted the freehold and to buy CCFC and wasps and that wasps were receptive to it but CCC weren't?

Samo

The biggest indicator by far that something has been agreed was that our youngsters were not sold off in January.

Malaka

Did you say in your initial posting Makala that RB wanted the freehold and to buy CCFC and wasps and that wasps were receptive to it but CCC weren't?
I think I said that WASP's might welcome the chance to have another investor. They have a bond scheme and are struggling to pay it, maybe they would like a lease that is shared and can pay back some of the money that they borrowed.
However, it would still need some agreement with regard to revenue etc. I think it is an ideal scenario for WASP's, but I don't own them and I'm sure they would want the best deal possible, who wouldn't?
Like I have said, I have reported what people have told me and when I have speculated, I have tried to be upfront about it. If you were misled, I apologise, that was never my intention

Paxman II

The lease can be subject to reviews and I suspect a new rental agreement for renting it from 'new owners', could become extortionate....though that would be challenged in the courts.
However the current peppercorn rent would not survive would it if new owners wanted fair market levels? Perhaps they could rightly argue it was set at such a level not commensurate with the norm?
Apart from that I see no avenue in owning the freehold at this time and doubt any of the above would ever happen.
The logical way is to purchase WASP. If we were talking about the likes of Red Bull I could see that happening. Two for the price of one and the Ricoh.

clint van damme

I think I said that WASP's might welcome the chance to have another investor. They have a bond scheme and are struggling to pay it, maybe they would like a lease that is shared and can pay back some of the money that they borrowed.
However, it would still need some agreement with regard to revenue etc. I think it is an ideal scenario for WASP's, but I don't own them and I'm sure they would want the best deal possible, who wouldn't?
Like I have said, I have reported what people have told me and when I have speculated, I have tried to be upfront about it. If you were misled, I apologise, that was never my intention

I wasn't accusing you of being misleading mate, someone posted something along those lines, I wasn't sure if it was you or not.

Users who are viewing this thread