Talks with Mowbray to continue (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

TM knows without it right off the field, on the field you have no chance to compete and stay consistent to the plan set out..If the plan is to produce players to sell to fund the club TM is not the man,, as he wants progression.. If you are going to build squad, keeping the best players and build foundations off the field, that allows players to believe in what the club is doing and direction they are taking, then TM will be a part of that...

It really is not hard to understand or work out what TM is asking for,, but the longer it goes on TM will be getting his agent on the phone to find other clubs, who will give him backing and power to succeed. SP was a yes man,, TM is not and SISU will have to work out, do they want TM in full control. Or will they let TF and SW spin and appease the fans with the same old rhetoric like we have had, we have Not been good enough,, we have learn our lesson,, we will listen to fans,, be open and transparent, while taking the club backward every year etc.....

I think what is being asked or what TM has said are things that most managers have and take for granted in the responsibility they take..I know if i was the Manager i would want to be judged on the structure i set out and the transfer policy i bring in, not to be judged on someone else's decisions and judgments...SW has never yet took responsibility for his own actions just palmed it on other s when it has gone wrong,,TF well say no more, someone else's fault every step of the way.... My biggest worry is TM has asked and SISU have known his concerns and request before today,, if talks carry on he will be out there looking at other options, if not already, if this is the case where does it leave the club and what message does it send out in the football business..

Last edited:

ccfclinney

It was never going to be sorted in the first day of talks whoever thought it was hasn't listened to TM interviews.. The simple fact if we went down he wouldn't be here next season he openly said that so the club couldn't have signed anything before ..
TM wants to change a lot of things at the club (rightly so) he wants assurances but no doubt so do the owners if they give him this budget and control of this and that what is he going to do..
It's not a 5 minute conversation I expect it to be done by Friday though and have an answer for the weekend.. But we have to give the club time. Fair play to them also for giving an update something which in the past they have been poor at doing. Hopefully the communication with fans is improving !!

PUSB

Gazolba

Forward planning, making decisions, it is basic business. Just as it is basic business to be on the front foot

Maybe that is one thing on TM's agenda - the lack of forward planning?

As for the speed of progress, once TM and SISU have agreed terms, the lawyers have to get involved and translate that to legal contracts. Until then it is 'agreed in principle only'.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

Talks...

Sisu: Tony, we'll give you £20 a week.

Mowbray: Bugger off.

Sisu: Okay, we'll give you £20 a week plus some new shoe laces.

Sisu: We love your no nonsense style Mowsy! £25 a week every third week of the month.

This will carry on for weeks until Sisu give him what he wants or he walks.

Gazolba

Timing of the negotiations:
TM explaining everything wrong with the club - 1 day
TM explaining what he wants to change - 1/2 day
SISU asking for clarification 1/2 day
SISU decision-making 1 1/2 days
SISU saying 'No' to every request - 1/2 day
SISU deciding how to spin news to the supporters - 1 day
Total time = 5 days

Astute

Talks...

Sisu: Tony, we'll give you £20 a week.

Sisu: Okay, we'll give you £20 a week plus some new shoe laces.

Sisu: We love your no nonsense style Mowsy! £25 a week every third week of the month.

This will carry on for weeks until Sisu give him what he wants or he walks.

£30 a week and some superglue for Fisher's mouth?

Astute

Total time = 5 days

You missed out the two month delay in letting us know so that they can sell more season tickets.

chinamans view

They are still talking and have further meetings planned, This is a good sign, Sisu could of just said no we run it our way. I think they may well try to give him most of what he wants, hope its enough for him to say yes.

Chipfat

Sisu will not want to be backed into a corner,, TM will not want this to turn into a long drawn out situation.. He will want what he ask's for and will walk if he doesn't get it... He really does have the leverage in this situation as fans know what he has asked for and are looking at Sisu to show desire of making this club move in the right direction for once..

I leaning towards longer it goes the more worried we should get as Sisu have known for a few weeks what TM wants and should of been working on them issues even if relegation was the outcome. Plan A and plan B should be in place its just a matter of yes we can or no you have this much power and deal with it..

Otis

Well I guess we are not going to get our retained and released list for at least a few days then. :(

I was sincerely hoping for a very, very quick 'thanks for nothing, now fook off' to certain players the minute the season was over.

Hobo

Maybe that is one thing on TM's agenda - the lack of forward planning?

As for the speed of progress, once TM and SISU have agreed terms, the lawyers have to get involved and translate that to legal contracts. Until then it is 'agreed in principle only'.

I know it takes time for contracts to be sorted. But what worries me is I do not sense we are at the'agreed in principle only' stage.'

Astute

Some people never learn. It has taken SISU a couple of years so far on this new stadium and all we have is a few pictures, yet they expect all the problems that TM points out to be resolved in a day :whistle:

stevefloyd

Lets assume hypothetically that TM asks for £20 million ( remember its hypothetical) and Sisu within their own budget can only afford or appease their board that the maximum they could raise/muster is £2 million the 2 parties are miles apart, so talks continue. TM is not happy with the amount being given to build a new structure/team so with reluctance he has to walk... Do we blame Sisu or TM...? Obviously there is a limit that the club can procure but there is going to be compromise...TM has played a good game so far PR wise saying all the right things and so far Sisu have played a very bad game...trusting managers etc with funds that appear to have been wasted and not progressed but regressed us...If its in the best interests of CCFC as a club/team I am prepared to wait.. TM seems to be the right man atm but we all know from bitter experience how quickly a saviour can turn to a despised figure... Lets let the owners take their turn and get the right man on board NOW !!

Godiva

Lets assume hypothetically that TM asks for £20 million ( remember its hypothetical) and Sisu within their own budget can only afford or appease their board that the maximum they could raise/muster is £2 million the 2 parties are miles apart, so talks continue. TM is not happy with the amount being given to build a new structure/team so with reluctance he has to walk... Do we blame Sisu or TM...? Obviously there is a limit that the club can procure but there is going to be compromise...TM has played a good game so far PR wise saying all the right things and so far Sisu have played a very bad game...trusting managers etc with funds that appear to have been wasted and not progressed but regressed us...If its in the best interests of CCFC as a club/team I am prepared to wait.. TM seems to be the right man atm but we all know from bitter experience how quickly a saviour can turn to a despised figure... Lets let the owners take their turn and get the right man on board NOW !!

TM said:
“I’m not asking her to invest any more money, I’m asking her to allow me to divert the money to where I want it diverted to. I’ll not be standing there demanding more money, I’ll be saying, ‘allow me to re-direct it where I think it’s important for the club'.”

Astute

TM has made a smart move. He has let us all know the basics of what he wants. It would be hard for Fisher and Co. to make out that he wanted too much.

skybluetony176

promising statement as it sounds like they know the fans wont be happy if we dont retain mowbray

If you're refering to the SW statement I'd argue it could also be a pre-runner to a "we did everthing we could, we've been quite clear in our desire to retain TM's services" type of statement.

Lets hope you're right.

Manchester_sky_blue

Perhaps this is just "we didn't get relegated!" optimism but I kinda sense that SISU went for Mowbray so that he could tell them what to do and might just give him some backing.

I have believed for a long time that SISU were just using us as some kind of massive tax dodge and genuinely didn't care how we performed on the pitch. Appointing Mowbray has made me question that. Really hope he stays.

duffer

Total time = 5 days

I like your plan, but everyone knows that key announcements have to wait until "Bullshit Thursday". It will have to be sorted by tomorrow, or expect to wait another week. :)

Users who are viewing this thread