Target Man or More Creativity? (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Following on from Nicks post Second loanee imminent about a loanee or thinking of the upcoming window, I agree with the need of an established target man. I'm no knowledge bank and don't get involved in these kind of debates, but I've thought for ages we have an established formula that usually at some point a lump comes into the mix. Its either a 30 yard chip from the back up the wings or towards the front two, or a pitch lengh punt from Burge (which is frustrating as half the time with a bounce or two it ends up in the other keeper's gloves).

We don't seem to roll it out to the back four and progress along the ground to the other box. Maybe they aren't skillful or confident enough, maybe there isn't enough creativity in the middle and we need a playmaker, maybe the pitch is fucked from the Rugby, somebody with insight can answer that one. But at the moment, getting from one end of the pitch to the other in less than 5 seconds isn't working. I'm probably missing something or stating something so obvious I'm an idiot, but thats how it looks to me.

stevefloyd

If we had an effective target man generally menacing oppositions defences it would create openings for others to hopefully take advantage of but Robins don't set his team up like this even though the ball is lumped forward on numerous occasions

NortonSkyBlue

Following on from Nicks post Second loanee imminent about a loanee or thinking of the upcoming window, I agree with the need of an established target man. I'm no knowledge bank and don't get involved in these kind of debates, but I've thought for ages we have an established formula that usually at some point a lump comes into the mix. Its either a 30 yard chip from the back up the wings or towards the front two, or a pitch lengh punt from Burge (which is frustrating as half the time with a bounce or two it ends up in the other keeper's gloves).

We don't seem to roll it out to the back four and progress along the ground to the other box. Maybe they aren't skillful or confident enough, maybe there isn't enough creativity in the middle and we need a playmaker, maybe the pitch is fucked from the Rugby, somebody with insight can answer that one. But at the moment, getting from one end of the pitch to the other in less than 5 seconds isn't working. I'm probably missing something or stating something so obvious I'm an idiot, but thats how it looks to me.
In the games I have seen generally we have mixed the distribution from Burge to the showing players and kicking it long.
At Port Vale everything went long once we had 4 strikers on except the ball which went out of play.

Gaz71

When Vincenti plays its all too obvious that we lump the ball in his direction every long kick we have and the opposition surround him and mop up the second ball.

Covstu

For me it’s a winger or an attacking midfielder if we are going for a loanee. We have two of these injuried somwouldnt make sense to bring in another permanent one. If we were looking to sign I would opt for a striker to partner McNulty or Give ponticelli a fair crack at the front

Gaz71

Just thinking of some our recent targetmen/finishers...... Henderson, MAF, Nouble, Armstrong, Madine, Proschwitz, any others?

stupot07

We lack creativity, a winger or attacking midfielder is a must, our 2 most creative players are injured the for season and we already have 5-6 strikers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Every team would love a new striker but we have plenty and robins has to work with what he's got. If he could offload a striker then maybe. Creativity is the priority.

Adge

Just thinking of some our recent targetmen/finishers...... Henderson, MAF, Nouble, Armstrong, Madine, Proschwitz, any others?
Nathan Ecclestone, Nathan Delfouneso.

Hobo

We need creativity. Doesn't matter how good your target man or finisher is...if they don't get the right deliveries you may as well play anybody up front. Our problem is midfield the final third and getting bodies in the box. We don't threaten from set pieces either.

SkyBlueZack

We lack creativity, a winger or attacking midfielder is a must, our 2 most creative players are injured the for season and we already have 5-6 strikers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah but mcnulty isn't the player MR thought he was. He needs too many chances to score. No one wants to pass to him etc. Nothing to do with there being no one to pass to him or giving him genuine goalscoring chances.

Hobo

Manset, Denzil Slager, Roy O'Donovan, Fortune.

mark82

Yeah but mcnulty isn't the player MR thought he was. He needs too many chances to score. No one wants to pass to him etc. Nothing to do with there being no one to pass to him or giving him genuine goalscoring chances.

The same McNulty that has scored 6 in the last 7? If he scored every chance he got he wouldn't be in the 4th tier. McNulty won't be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread