Taxi cancelled for Robins (3 Viewers)

Gregbant

What do you actually mwah by budget?

To be honest I don't think of it on the levels of you and OSB I am just going by Mark Robins saying we have the lowest budget. I genuinely don't understand it more than budget equals how much the manager gets to spend on the squad wages and transfer fees wise.

Grendel

To be honest I don't think of it on the levels of you and OSB I am just going by Mark Robins saying we have the lowest budget. I genuinely don't understand it more than budget equals how much the manager gets to spend on the squad wages and transfer fees wise.

you can have the biggest budget and the lowest spend on transfer fees

NorthernWisdom

Get over yourself , want to give shit out to robins and city but when it comes down to what you want you have no answer, to who you want to replace him and what better player we could buy within our budget. Give the solution or shut the fuck up!
tbf, and I do think Grendel's a bit of a mentalist ref: Robins, but it isn't his role to come up with the next manager, or the players. If he knew them, he'd be in charge!

It's about the general philosophy, and whether there are different directions to go - not specific names. There are always managers who'd take the gig, it's about getting the right manager at the right time.

Now FWIW, my view is that said manager is already here...

Grendel

Because you didn't spend it on fees?

Well you could be constrained as your already limbered with underperforming players who already exceed your budget

Mark robins is tasked with finishing 21st- sorry he’s talking utter rubbish when he says a club whose record transfer fee was £200,000 in 2014 has a bigger ability in the transfer market when he has spent £2.5m on 2 players in the close season - Sheffield Wednesday are in turmoil and doclef points

So his only job is to get over the line of 1 including a team finishing below us last season - if he can’t deliver how has he performed in your view

Gregbant

Well you could be constrained as your already limbered with underperforming players who already exceed your budget

Mark robins is tasked with finishing 21st- sorry he’s talking utter rubbish when he says a club whose record transfer fee was £200,000 in 2014 has a bigger ability in the transfer market when he has spent £2.5m on 2 players in the close season - Sheffield Wednesday are in turmoil and doclef points

So his only job is to get over the line of 1 including a team finishing below us last season - if he can’t deliver how has he performed in your view

But you would back him if we didn't get relegated?

Gregbant

The only concerns I have ever had about Robins was sticking with Burge which he eventually dealt with. Then spending money on Baka and potentially spending money on Sheaf. Money is so tight for us yet we are prepared to use it on players that the fans of the teams they were last playing for are begging us to take them. However when I compare that to the number of good signings I have to shut my mouth.

cc84cov

i would thank him and pay him off
I would do that even if we stayed up he won’t take us any further we don’t have loads of money we need a Neil warnock mick McCarthy type of manager more importantly - experienced at the level who can work with small budgets good man motivater who can drag everything out of a player

Gregbant

I would do that even if we stayed up he won’t take us any further we don’t have loads of money we need a Neil warnock mick McCarthy type of manager more importantly - experienced at the level who can work with small budgets good man motivater who can drag everything out of a player

They say football fans are fickle and to think we gave Robins shit for showing no loyalty 🤔

Last edited:

cc84cov

They say football fans are fikle and to think we gave Robins shit for showing no loyalty 🤔
He left us for Huddersfield it’s life he’s done well he won’t take us further money talks going down will be a financial disaster if we had owners who cared he may have gone in jan and a budget handed to a new manager after the money we’ve used on so many players who don’t feature

Jamesimus

You will be watching league 1 at this rate how was today’s football ? Did you enjoy the Luton game ?

I've been at work quite a bit recently so haven't seen either of them (I usually watch every game 😥). Games I have not enjoyed have included Cardiff and Middlesbrough. Mainly because of how those teams play, effective or not.

I may / may not be watching League 1 next season. I'd rather not do so with a 'Mick McCarthy / Neil Warnock type manager'.

Gregbant

I've been at work quite a bit recently so haven't seen either of them (I usually watch every game 😥). Games I have not enjoyed have included Cardiff and Middlesbrough. Mainly because of how those teams play, effective or not.

I may / may not be watching League 1 next season. I'd rather not do so with a 'Mick McCarthy / Neil Warnock type manager'.

I have to agree with that I hate their football style

shmmeee

I’m not calling for his head but he is way too negative and recruitment this season has been questionable - Biamou’s continued presence upfront is fucking weird

Im no fan of Biamou, but once you decide to go one up and lump it long that’s who is going to have to play.

cc84cov

I’m not calling for his head but he is way too negative and recruitment this season has been questionable - Biamou’s continued presence upfront is fucking weird
it’s always been there he got away with it at lower levels it’s being exposed to all at this level

pastythegreat

Lowest budget in the league (according to MR) yet we are fourth from bottom. Overachieving at the moment IMO.
If we finish bottom he should be sacked. The owners should consider sacking the personal responsible for failing to achieve a budget bigger than the bottom three of the championship, though giving the manager an incredibly hard task
3rd lowest in the league. Ahead of Rov'rum and Wycombe. So in terms of league placement (if thats how you want to do it) we're pretty much bang on the money.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Grendel

3rd lowest in the league. Ahead of Rov'rum and Wycombe. So in terms of league placement (if thats how you want to do it) we're pretty much bang on the money.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

So a manager we want to build a statue for should exceed that - yes?

Users who are viewing this thread