Taxi cancelled for Robins (2 Viewers)

higgs

Robins has been here 4 years he’s done his part. Maybe just maybe he’s took us as far as he can.

if we get relegated how many do you think we’ll average next season in League One? It won’t be the 17k Boddy is preparing for.

when it comes to culture, you bring in someone who buys into that culture. Brentford do that and by the looks of it so do Barnsley
I suspect we get the 8k - 10k diehards

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

I suspect we get the 8k - 10k diehards

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And doesnt that tell you something...Norwich, Southampton and Leicester kept their support in League one. Ours are like rats leaving a sinking ship.
On Robins. He should see out the season and go. Why would you want to manage a team where the ungrateful bastards that support them are calling for a change at every, and I mean every, opportunity? Ideally I would like Robins to stay and build on his great work but, like Strachan, I suspect anything he does would be doomed to ridicule and that helps nobody.
Personally relegation would not be the end of my world, I go to support Coventry City and have never gone to watch the opposition so it is not critical to me that I will be watching Newcastle United next season or Cheltenham. I would prefer to be in the Championship on the up but would understand that maybe we were punching above our weight and it wasn't to be.
My replacement for Robins would be Ian Evatt, who has turned Bolton around and happens to be from our fair(weather) city.

Gregbant

And doesnt that tell you something...Norwich, Southampton and Leicester kept their support in League one. Ours are like rats leaving a sinking ship.
On Robins. He should see out the season and go. Why would you want to manage a team where the ungrateful bastards that support them are calling for a change at every, and I mean every, opportunity? Ideally I would like Robins to stay and build on his great work but, like Strachan, I suspect anything he does would be doomed to ridicule and that helps nobody.
Personally relegation would not be the end of my world, I go to support Coventry City and have never gone to watch the opposition so it is not critical to me that I will be watching Newcastle United next season or Cheltenham. I would prefer to be in the Championship on the up but would understand that maybe we were punching above our weight and it wasn't to be.
My replacement for Robins would be Ian Evatt, who has turned Bolton around and happens to be from our fair(weather) city.

I think what you are hearing is a very vocal tiny minority, I actually think most Coventry fans understand what we are up against this season. I would like to think the majority are not heard as they realise that our position is either expected or slightly better than expected, so the the managers future isn't on their radar. I think it may only be 3 possibly 4 people on this site that are advocating a change at this exact moment of time. That is really small considering the large membership on the site. They are having to go back 9 and 20 years respectively to find the rare example where we stuck by the manager and it was a bad call.
In our situation even if we are relegated personally I wouldn't be sacking him, however understandbly there will be more asking for it then. I would only see it as a bad call if we didn't make the play offs in league one, which is all most were hoping for last year, when we caused a very pleasant shock.
So for me stick with him relegation or not, if it is relegation give him a chance to get us in the play offs, if he fails then consider change.

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think what you are hearing is a very vocal tiny minority, I actually think most Coventry fans understand what we are up against this season. I would like to think the majority are not heard as they realise that our position is either expected or slightly better than expected, so the the managers future isn't on their radar. I think it may only be 3 possibly 4 people on this site that are advocating a change at this exact moment of time. That is really small considering the large membership on the site. They are having to go back 9 and 20 years respectively to find the rare example where we stuck by the manager and it was a bad call.
In our situation even if we are relegated personally I wouldn't be sacking him, however understandbly there will be more asking for it then. I would only see it as a bad call if we didn't make the play offs in league one, which is all most were hoping for last year, when we caused a very pleasant shock.
So for me stick with him relegation or not, if it is relegation give him a chance to get us in the play offs, if he fails then consider change.
We go back 9 and 20 years vecuase they were the only times we stuck by a manager passed their sell by date.

again, if we were fighting or at least showing like we had an idea what we were doing I’d be ok with it. Currently the team looks rudderless

we have 9 games left. We should be finishing above Rotherham, Wycombe and Sheffield weds.

if we go down it will be a disaster. You’re talking about waiting to see if we don’t come up next season? What if we don’t - then it’s even harder to come back up. We’ve been down that road.

you already know the fickleness of our fanbase. The club cannot afford to go down.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Do you not think it’s not punching above our weight to finish above Rotherham, Wycombe and a team in turmoil with a 6 point head start?

strachan should have been sacked when we were relegated not given at the time the championships biggest transfer budget and a quarter of the season

you also make out that it’s only city fans who are calling for change - modern football changes managers on average every 2 years. It hasn’t done badly for Watford over the years

Gregbant

We go back 9 and 20 years vecuase they were the only times we stuck by a manager passed their sell by date.

again, if we were fighting or at least showing like we had an idea what we were doing I’d be ok with it. Currently the team looks rudderless

we have 9 games left. We should be finishing above Rotherham, Wycombe and Sheffield weds.

if we go down it will be a disaster. You’re talking about waiting to see if we don’t come up next season? What if we don’t - then it’s even harder to come back up. We’ve been down that road.

you already know the fickleness of our fanbase. The club cannot afford to go down.

I know mate, you have to go back that far because we never stick by our managers and continually sacking them hasn't worked well that often .
Anyway 9 games... 2 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats 🤞🤞🤞🤞

procdoc

Have a day off. We beat Derby a couple of games ago and Brentford a couple of games before that, hardly rudderless.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I know mate, you have to go back that far because we never stick by our managers and continually sacking them hasn't worked well that often .
did you defend Slade this much? Surely needed time?
Have a day off. We beat Derby a couple of games ago and Brentford a couple of games before that, hardly rudderless.
You know what I really hope he proves me wrong. Really Do - happy for you to recall this lack of faith by myself.

more than happy to admit I’m wrong if Robins keeps us up.

Gregbant

You know what I really hope he proves me wrong. Really Do - happy for you to recall this lack of faith by myself.

more than happy to admit I’m wrong if Robins keeps us up.

I really hope you are wrong as well mate, fingers crossed however I do think it's 50 50 as to whether we stay up, I think it will be dependant on the results of others as oppose to our own performances unfortunately.

Grendel

Well it has as we stayed in the top flight in the 80’s because of it

If we had never gone near that clueless oaf thorn we’d have not been relegated then either

Brighton Sky Blue

Who we beating, based on last week’s garbage?

Brighton Sky Blue

You may call it garbage against Wycombe, I call it another point gained. Yes I would have wanted three but it is what is it is. 4 points from 3 games and why do you base a season on the Luton and Wycombe games?
You definitely live in scapegoat city my fellow Sky Blue.

I call it two points dropped ahead of significantly harder opponents. They were both very poor displays and are our most recent efforts.

PVA

Have an @ yourself you tool...

"one team from the Premier League's "Big Six" of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Tottenham Hotspur, had made a bid of $10 million for Dike -- currently on loan at English Championship side Barnsley -- that was turned down. "

D

Deleted member 11652

Have an @ yourself you tool...

"one team from the Premier League's "Big Six" of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Tottenham Hotspur, had made a bid of $10 million for Dike -- currently on loan at English Championship side Barnsley -- that was turned down. "

Hi mate, I don’t see the part where it says Barnsley are buying him for £20 million?

PVA

Hi mate, I don’t see the part where it says Barnsley are buying him for £20 million?

No, but you @'d me because some Barnsley lad said they wouldn't be paying much more than £1.5m for him which is clearly bollocks seeing as they've already turned down $10m.

D

Deleted member 11652

No, but you @'d me because some Barnsley lad said they wouldn't be paying much more than £1.5m for him which is clearly bollocks seeing as they've already turned down $10m.

It was a loan pal👍🏻 You said we couldn’t afford the loan as Barnsley will be paying £20million at the end of it. Glad we agree that’s not the case👍🏻

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Who we beating, based on last week’s garbage?

After beating brentford you'd have thought "who aren't we beating if we play like this"?

Before that game we all thought we were going to get hammered as we weren't playing that well.

Maybe some of the games coming up will see teams with nothing to play for and we'll have more intensity? Maybe we'll pull another Brentford style performance out of nowhere? Some half decent finishing and we win that game Sat comfortably. We've got a couple of decent finishers on the bench. Hopefully we can get them on the pitch more

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why is there a big clamour to get Doyle back as coach?

It was just an example. Maybe the players have got used to the same faces around the training ground, or the same old routines, and it needs freshening up to get the players fully focused again. Someone of a Doyle style temperament that expects nothing less than 100% may help, plus on the touchline being more animated than MR and haranging officials.

cc84cov

It was just an example. Maybe the players have got used to the same faces around the training ground, or the same old routines, and it needs freshening up to get the players fully focused again. Someone of a Doyle style temperament that expects nothing less than 100% may help, plus on the touchline being more animated than MR and haranging officials.
Doyle wouldn’t work under robins again but i agree the manager the squad are not exactly a mentally strong unit,Robins is bottle job

NorthernWisdom

How come we didn’t manage to find one the last twenty years then?
It was Brian Clough who said that if a manager went, the chairman should go with him.

FWIW, we have had some capable managers, but the club's been a basket case. Sticking with the manager should be as much about whether the foundations are being builtto increase the likelihood of good results, as opposed to whether we win, lose, or draw against Wycombe. Robins certainly ticks that box.

Barnsley

we’ve got an agreement in place to buy him for a fee that was agreed before he came here. If Barcelona bid £250M for him they can’t sell him to them, if we want him which we will.

Bumberclart

Said it in Twitter on Saturday, but since James has come in, he's completely stunted Kellys influence on games.
Pre James, Kelly used to control games, but now hes just playing a bit part.

chiefdave

Doyle wouldn’t work under robins again but i agree the manager the squad are not exactly a mentally strong unit,Robins is bottle job
Mark Robins has revealed how torn Michael Doyle was about leaving Coventry City.

But the Sky Blues boss insists the midfield legend will be back at the club he calls home the minute he hangs up his boots.

“I had numerous conversations to see where he was at and he was conflicted with how he was feeling. I just tried to help him sort those feelings out and go and play because you can’t turn the clock back.

And when he’s got it out of his system we’ll talk about him coming back and assuming a coaching role at some level."

SBT

The real question is how Barnsley could afford to take on Dike at all, after half a season paying Matty James, the world's highest-paid player.

Users who are viewing this thread