TDF (1 Viewer)

Covstu

another crash due to fans and motorbikes. They have to sort this out, thankfully common sense prevailed and Froome didn't lose the yellow jersey

stupot07

Yeah, it was shocking. Glad they used common sense. The fans are morons, I chuckled when Froome smacked that guy in the head a couple of days ago. Its been an exciting tour so far

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covstu

They get so close and eventually it will end up with fences which will kill the atmosphere

eastwoodsdustman

They are a bunch cocks but the one today in the Borat Mankini with a massive wig shoved down the front did make me laugh. Why would anyone want to ride their bike all the way up there just to run around like and dress like a twat?

Covstu

They are a bunch cocks but the one today in the Borat Mankini with a massive wig shoved down the front did make me laugh. Why would anyone want to ride their bike all the way up there just to run around like and dress like a twat?
It's the tour, it's allowed

Liquid Gold

Froome looks set to win another Tour, it's actually incredible the turnaround in British cycling over the last decade from basically nobodies to being dominant.

Covstu

Great to see but sky are financially dominant which is putting smaller teams out even teams like tinkoff who still cannot compete. Will be interesting to see where Sagan goes next year, I have heard sky!

SkyblueBazza

Cav quits the tour to concentrate on the olympics with 5 stages left. This is why people don't like him
What people? He was & is never going to win much beyond sprints. Never a contender for the yellow jersey come the last stage of the tour.
He's going for an Olympic gold...for Britain...support him him I say. People accept Andy Murray not joining in & playing in the Davis Cup when he chooses not to (like all the former British Nbr1s), footballers often pull out of friendlies or minor qualifying games due to niggles too.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

covmark

What people? He was & is never going to win much beyond sprints. Never a contender for the yellow jersey come the last stage of the tour.
He's going for an Olympic gold...for Britain...support him him I say. People accept Andy Murray not joining in & playing in the Davis Cup when he chooses not to (like all the former British Nbr1s), footballers often pull out of friendlies or minor qualifying games due to niggles too.

Great post

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Covstu

Exactly, he is going to sit in the groupetta for the next 4 races and maybe a shout at the bunch sprint in Paris. Personally I would rather have him concentrating on Team GB. He isn't close to the green jersey either never mind yellow

stupot07

This was always thr plan wasn't it? Fair play to him, hes won 4 stages and only 1 left thats winnable for him, he's got no chance with any of the jerseys, and hes putting team GB first. Puts a lot of those golfers to shame who have pulled out because they don't get paid.

stupot07

And all over yellow for Froome, I've really enjoyed this TDF, with the Brits doing so well. Disappointed Yates ran out of legs but still an incredible performance from him given he had little support.

Covstu

Top performance but all too easy in my opinion. He had little pressure over the course of the tour, the competition just was not in his league. Quintana was very disappointing

Gazolba

How long before Froome is accused of using performing enhancing drugs?

Covstu

Yep that was last year, this year it was mechanical doping. Next year who the fuck knows. The financial model of pro cycling is all wrong, tinkoff finishes this year, IAM and BMC are struggling. The money flows one way and it's killing the sport

Covstu

The opposite, media deals run straight to the clubs which fund players in football, cycling relies on a sugar daddy alone.

Gazolba

I mainly watch the Tour de France to see all the beautiful French countryside and the picturesque villages. And the occasional exciting sprint of course. I really couldn't care less who wins.

Covstu

But the fat cats keep getting fatter. So the end result is the same.

Again disagree, the tour operators retain the money so if these are the 'fat cats' then yes I guess but the teams don't which is why it's very different to football. It's a one way money pit

Covstu

I mainly watch the Tour de France to see all the beautiful French countryside and the picturesque villages. And the occasional exciting sprint of course. I really couldn't care less who wins.
I just love the tactical element of riding which I don't get to see on club rides (and yes the scenery is awesome). I just want to see British riders do well and great to see a dominance this year in the tour.

SkyblueBazza

Again disagree, the tour operators retain the money so if these are the 'fat cats' then yes I guess but the teams don't which is why it's very different to football. It's a one way money pit
Yes...I am talking about the fat cat clubs...everything has been manipulated to keep the rich clubs wealth growing. So they now buy players for more money than a significant proportion clubs 1 tier below their own could be bought for!
We are approaching the point where some of these player's will earn more in a year than these same clubs have in turnover.
Its becoming in supermarket terms like you are either an ASDA/Tesco/Sainsbury type mega-chain...or you are a corner shop. There is very little in between.

henry the wasp

Yep that was last year, this year it was mechanical doping. Next year who the fuck knows. The financial model of pro cycling is all wrong, tinkoff finishes this year, IAM and BMC are struggling. The money flows one way and it's killing the sport

Is BMC in trouble? Must be one of the richest teams in cycling. I know Tinkoff and IAM are finishing. Won't be sad to see Oleg Tinkoff piss off though.
I

Covstu

Is BMC in trouble? Must be one of the richest teams in cycling. I know Tinkoff and IAM are finishing. Won't be sad to see Oleg Tinkoff piss off though.
I
Apparently so, I think orica as well. Although I cannot stand Tinkov it's sad to see another team fall out of the circuit but maybe this starts this way to reform correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread