Team Chemistry (1 Viewer)

ClarkeZ

I'm really finding it hard to work out why so many more midfield players are being brought in. Theres a breakdown somewhere and I feel the lack of team chemistry is really preventing us scoring the goals we were earlier in the season. Its so rare to see the same team starting multiple games in a row and it concerns me.

Albeit we need defensive back up as we cannot keep clean sheets, but what was wrong with the attacking options that started the season? We consistently played Armstrong infront of O'Brien, Maddison and Lameiras, with Fleck and Vince behind. And it worked. They ripped teams apart time and time again. Surely a biproduct of that was their chemistry, always knew where they were and what each was about to do, where they would run etc etc.

Then Murphy and Kent arrived and replaced Lamerias and frequently JOB, while Madders was injured too, and we lost a lot of potency, scraped through a number of wins without really scoring all that much outside of a couple of big score games. Now we are struggling to find real chances all of a sudden so when they don't all go in we are up the creek.

Maybe its time to pick a side, stick with it for a few weeks and use subs a bit more to keep legs fresh. Leave Murphy as a power-sub for a bit as I really think his priorities are for himself and not the team which hurts us frequently, and try and build that chemistry. I wonder if bringing in Rose and Hunt and whoever else is being looked at will just leave TM too many options he might feel need to be rotated, further decreasing the chance of that chemistry evolving?

Skybluehyena

Better to have options than no options, I think its essential to have a stronger squad with lots of games in this league.

I get the thought process of sticking with a team but their are lots of varied sides in this league and sometimes certain players suit certain games.

Once we bring in a pacey winger, striker and CB we will settle down again and push on.

coop

Murphy has been here all season and why do we constantly give him shit are we forgetting he's chipped in with 8/9 goals god only how many assists he ripped Gillingham apart without AA.Give the lad a break stop rotating the team.To be fair it's gone tits up since JC signed

chinamans view

Said this some time ago ,need to get a settled side, injuries aside. but was shot down on here, we were top of the league then by 3 points, Mowbray did the same at boro/ and it cost them promotion, hope he does not make this mistake here. But I do like TM best manager for a long time.

Otis

Murphy has been here all season and why do we constantly give him shit are we forgetting he's chipped in with 8/9 goals god only how many assists he ripped Gillingham apart without AA.Give the lad a break stop rotating the team.To be fair it's gone tits up since JC signed
Most of us don't constantly give him shit. When he plays well we praise him and when he plays badly, like the last two games he featured in, then we rightly criticise him.

I like him, but the last two games he featured in it was almost like playing with 10 men at times. He was very, very poor.

I would bring him back in for Saturday though for sure.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm really finding it hard to work out why so many more midfield players are being brought in. Theres a breakdown somewhere and I feel the lack of team chemistry is really preventing us scoring the goals we were earlier in the season. Its so rare to see the same team starting multiple games in a row and it concerns me.

Albeit we need defensive back up as we cannot keep clean sheets, but what was wrong with the attacking options that started the season? We consistently played Armstrong infront of O'Brien, Maddison and Lameiras, with Fleck and Vince behind. And it worked. They ripped teams apart time and time again. Surely a biproduct of that was their chemistry, always knew where they were and what each was about to do, where they would run etc etc.

Then Murphy and Kent arrived and replaced Lamerias and frequently JOB, while Madders was injured too, and we lost a lot of potency, scraped through a number of wins without really scoring all that much outside of a couple of big score games. Now we are struggling to find real chances all of a sudden so when they don't all go in we are up the creek.

Maybe its time to pick a side, stick with it for a few weeks and use subs a bit more to keep legs fresh. Leave Murphy as a power-sub for a bit as I really think his priorities are for himself and not the team which hurts us frequently, and try and build that chemistry. I wonder if bringing in Rose and Hunt and whoever else is being looked at will just leave TM too many options he might feel need to be rotated, further decreasing the chance of that chemistry evolving?

I agree with nearly all of that. For me we haven't quite looked the same since the arrival of Murphy and Kent (no longer here). It might be the case that Murphy has chipped in with some goals, but they're nearly always solo efforts, and whilst it sounds ridiculous on paper to criticise someone who has chipped in with a decent amount of goals, he just hasn't been consistent enough and I feel that he takes away a lot of the chemistry from the team by playing for himself. Maybe we've had 9 goals, but we could have had 20 instead if different options had been taken at certain times.

Maddison, Lameiras, and JOB were such a modest attacking three with a high work rate and a good understanding of each other. They were able to rip teams apart in a much more effective way than anything else we've seen this season. The constant changing of players is a little bemusing, and examples like dropping Lameiras after a MOTM performance against Sheff Utd can't help the lads confidence.

I do believe in team chemistry, and while I think we have a good set of heads in the camp, I can't help but think we would be better off with regular starting 11. That way players are fighting to get in the team, players won't get picked regardless of performance. If you have a shit couple of games you're dropped, and it's all about being the best team altogether. It also keeps consistency flowing.

pete212

Absolutely brilliant post....i couldn't agree more. Defensively he's had to make changes and it's not been possible to stick with his best four. It's 3 wheels on our wagon, but we're still rolling along

Gazolba

We can't repeat what we did earlier because our opponents have figured out how to nullify it. Teams have quickly learned how to knock our fragile midfield off their stride. They have also figured out that our GK is a weak link. You cannot play a settled side when you have injuries, suspensions, players exiting and new ones coming in. Managing a footballl team is a difficult job, Mowbray is competent but he has made mistakes.

shmmeee

Someone's been playing FIFA.

Came to post this. Maybe that's why Bigi is there, but he's too many positions away from Arma. Obviously we need to play him in the number 10 slot so we get full chemistry for him.

oakey

Just a thought, if others teams have figured out how we play and can nullify us why haven't we worked out how they play and nullify them right back?
Most think we have better players and a better manager so the mystery remains. Yes we need a plan B but we also need to set up to counter a few threats.

Grendel

Came to post this. Maybe that's why Bigi is there, but he's too many positions away from Arma. Obviously we need to play him in the number 10 slot so we get full chemistry for him.

I think the only reason he's here is because Armstrong is and we are stuck with him.

If we have to play him then we should seriously look at right back. He's awful in midfield.

Brylowes

I think the only reason he's here is because Armstrong is and we are stuck with him.

If we have to play him then we should seriously look at right back. He's awful in midfield.
Has he played RB I'm sure he has,might not be a bad shout that.

shmmeee

Not that I disagree with you, but that FIFA Ultimate Team joke went right over your head.

mechaishida

Bladdy hell, it's like a cave of echoes on here...;) I said this about two weeks ago, but then again, nobody blanks the Gren.

Hobo

Ok,why not then he isn't the answer in Flecks role he hasn't the vision and just doesn't get us going

TM has said Bigi is a different type of player to Fleck but can still pass the ball well. He has also suggested that Rose has impressed him but is perhaps still very tactically raw and lacks positional discipline.

So on Saturday he probably felt Bigi was the best option we had to replace Fleck. I am sure if Fleck is available he plays every time.

Brylowes

TM has said Bigi is a different type of player to Fleck but can still pass the ball well. He has also suggested that Rose has impressed him but is perhaps still very tactically raw and lacks positional discipline.

So on Saturday he probably felt Bigi was the best option we had to replace Fleck. I am sure if Fleck is available he plays every time.
Agreed so as others have said why not give him a chance at RB

Users who are viewing this thread